Fiat Happy Check Up Camp '13

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been to KHT "FIAT-Happy Service Camp" today. First thing comes to mind, Was it really Happy for customers? Well, let me write and you decide.
I reached the newly opened FIAT exclusive service station by KHT near to Shantiniketan, Whitefield on time as scheduled @ 11AM. Finding the location was not an issue. From Big Bazar signal, take a left and proceed around 0.5 KMs. On the left you can find the FIAT service camp poster. As soon as you take a left, head straight and you can find the KHT service station board. The place is big but cars were parked on a open area as if you have parked your car on a mud field. Coming back to point; once I reached, two chits were given to me with name, phone no., vehicle number and serial number for servicing. My number was 40. Bharath (SA) came to me and asked few general questions. When i explained about my queries, he told those things can not be fixed today. To fix my Hazard panel, it will take more time and they do not have that much time. I had to come for another day. What I understood is that, this camp is only for few check ups. Waited around 1 hour outside as the customer lounge A/C was not working. This time customers were allowed to go inside the treatment room unlike TATA service stations. I liked this, as you can look your car closely how the check up is going on and will get a chance to talk with the Service mechanics then and there. I also did the same, and the mechanics were very friendly and they explained me everything whenever I raised concern. Total they have 10 bays now, which will be expanded soon as they will get the next warehouse also, confirmed by Shivram. This check up took around 1 hr and followed by battery check up. Pressure and wheel balancing also checked. But I was not convinced the way it was done. I think they checked the basic things and passed the test. Out of 80 Check points, last 5 points were regarding gear problems, vibration issues, noises, etc. These things were optional and to be tested only if required. During first inspection, I mentioned Bharat about the 3rd gear shift issue. Still, that was not checked and unfortunately in the 80 points check up list, those points were not checked. I was completely disappointed by this and asked the same to Shivram. He said they had already taken 60 cars and my issue can be tested only in next appointment. By this time, saw my punto directly taken to washing area. Bharat told, they have applied some lubricant for the time being to the 3rd gear and if the issue persists in my next check up I can raise it. I just controlled myself and went to washing area. Already 10 cars were on queue to be get washed and mine was 11th. Waited again for around 1 hr. It was already 1:30 PM and soon all service guys left for lunch. Oh god, again waited for 30 mins. In the mean time, I just took the test drive of 2013 Punto which was available. By the time I reached, the washing persons were back. Waited another 1 hr and finally car was washed and ready for delivery. Washing quality was OK type. it took 4:30 hrs to get the car back.

Final words, this camp is for basic checks of your car. Note, only check but no repair. Free Tea/Caoffee/Snacks available and you will get a Free Wash. If you have friends, you can go there and have a get together. Do not expect much from this camp. At least FIAT has tried something. Hope it will give some idea to few members.

Now Pics,
IMG008.jpg

IMG009.jpg

IMG011.jpg

IMG012.jpg

IMG013.jpg

IMG014.jpg

IMG015.jpg

IMG016.jpg

IMG017.jpg

IMG018.jpg

IMG019.jpg

IMG020.jpg

IMG021.jpg

IMG022.jpg

IMG023.jpg

Re: Fiat happy check up camp'13

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I guess Fiat does organize such camps frequently.

PS: My dads driver is always attracted to these free camps. Reason: He spends all day at the camp [lol]

If you have friends, you can go there and have a get together. Do not expect much from this camp. At least FIAT has tried something. Hope it will give some idea to few members.
Nice write up SOOZ_PUNTO. Good that they let you in the service area and allowed you to take pictures.
The set up seems to be same like any TATA service centre.

You must have invited other TAI ians and would have had mini meet. [clap]

Top Bottom