Ichibaan Nissan (Mumbai) is a Cheat

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am a new member in TAI and unfortunately my first thread is a critical review of my car dealer Ichibaan Nissan.

I bought a Nissan Sunny in June 2012 from Ichibaan Nissan. The process of buying was not smooth as I was promised accessories, which I was not given on the delivery date. Later I was told that the accessories will be installed in some place where I cant take the car, but their driver will take and deliver the car. When I lodged a complaint, I was told that their salesperson who promised me has been fired as he cheated me and the dealer. But I was given nothing in return. I did not create as issue as I was happy to get my car.

However, my recent interaction with them has crossed all limits. A tree fell on my car on 14th April, 2013. My roof was badly damaged. I took the car to their Kurla service center on the very next day (i.e 15th April, 2013). I was told after 4 days that the total cost of repair will be around Rs 55,000 out of which Rs 49,000 will paid by the insurer and rest I will have to pay. The roof will have to be replaced and they have placed the order with their Nissan Chennai plant. It will take 2 weeks for them to make the car ready. Even though I thought 2 weeks is a lot of time, I did not complain and gave them a green signal to go ahead.

But I had no idea what they were up to. You will not believe that my car is yet not repaired. Today its the 5th of July, almost 3 months since the time I gave them my car.

They have been giving me excuse after excuse. None of them genuine. I registered a complaint with Nissan India, but to no avail. Now they have even stopped taking my calls. They do not even know where my spare part is. They gave me back my car around mid-May in the same state when I told them that I am facing problems without my car. And asked me to get it back when the part comes. Even though I can drive my car, but its looks terrible in its current state.

This is completely not done. How can they expect customers to drive broken cars. My car is just a year old and out of which more than 3 months I have to drive it in a broken condition.

Through this thread I want to make people aware about the poor service Ichibaan Nissan and its service center provide. Also, wanted help if I can do something to get my work done (example write an email to some senior person in Nissan etc).

Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Uday

Re: Ichibaan Nissan is a cheat

Hi,

I am a new member in TAI and unfortunately my first thread is a critical review of my car dealer Ichibaan Nissan.

I bought a Nissan Sunny in June 2012 from Ichibaan Nissan. The process of buying was not smooth as I was promised accessories, which I was not given on the delivery date. Later I was told that the accessories will be installed in some place where I cant take the car, but their driver will take and deliver the car. When I lodged a complaint, I was told that their salesperson who promised me has been fired as he cheated me and the dealer. But I was given nothing in return. I did not create as issue as I was happy to get my car.

However, my recent interaction with them has crossed all limits. A tree fell on my car on 14th April, 2013. My roof was badly damaged. I took the car to their Kurla service center on the very next day (i.e 15th April, 2013). I was told after 4 days that the total cost of repair will be around Rs 55,000 out of which Rs 49,000 will paid by the insurer and rest I will have to pay. The roof will have to be replaced and they have placed the order with their Nissan Chennai plant. It will take 2 weeks for them to make the car ready. Even though I thought 2 weeks is a lot of time, I did not complain and gave them a green signal to go ahead.

But I had no idea what they were up to. You will not believe that my car is yet not repaired. Today its the 5th of July, almost 3 months since the time I gave them my car.

They have been giving me excuse after excuse. None of them genuine. I registered a complaint with Nissan India, but to no avail. Now they have even stopped taking my calls. They do not even know where my spare part is. They gave me back my car around mid-May in the same state when I told them that I am facing problems without my car. And asked me to get it back when the part comes. Even though I can drive my car, but its looks terrible in its current state.

This is completely not done. How can they expect customers to drive broken cars. My car is just a year old and out of which more than 3 months I have to drive it in a broken condition.

Through this thread I want to make people aware about the poor service Ichibaan Nissan and its service center provide. Also, wanted help if I can do something to get my work done (example write an email to some senior person in Nissan etc).

Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Uday
Udhay welcome to TAI. So sad fyou had a bad experience.Oh boy!! 3 months is too much. This shows inability of Nissan. Let it be a lesson to us. Thanks for sharing. Did you write up to Nissan?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ichibaan Nissan is a cheat

So sad [cry]

is the Nissan A.S.S so worse than Tata ? I thought TATA is the worst in A.S.S, seems like Nissan will overtake them.

Did you contact the Customer Care of Nissan ? If not please do write to them or call them.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ichibaan Nissan is a Cheat

This is the fourth negative review about Ichibaan on our forum. Goes to show they aren’t the right folks to deal with when buying a Nissan. Something that shocks me further is that this dealership is run by the same person who is the Vice Chairman of Hover Automotive (Nissan India’s Partner). Please try another workshop and don’t forget to shoot a serious mail to Nissan India with CC to their headquarters in Japan. If the issue is still not resolved, let us see if we could do something.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Udhay welcome to TAI. So sad fyou had a bad experience.Oh boy!! 3 months is too much. This shows inability of Nissan. Let it be a lesson to us. Thanks for sharing. Did you write up to Nissan?
Yes I did write to Nissan India Customer Care and even spoke to them at least 10 times over the last 3 months. Even they have no clue about where my car's roof is. Thats the funny bit. No one to help me out. I even have a complaint number registered with them: MAICHIMUM2013051557066

Why are you not trying with other After sale service center.
I actually cant do that now because my insurance claim has been processed through Ichibaan service center. If I go to someone else then I ll have shell out over 50K from my pocket

So sad [cry]

is the Nissan A.S.S so worse than Tata ? I thought TATA is the worst in A.S.S, seems like Nissan will overtake them.

Did you contact the Customer Care of Nissan ? If not please do write to them or call them.
Personally Nissan seems worse than TATA. Atleast, TATA has so many cars to manage, so delays can be understood. But Nissan is a new entrant. Being a globally well known brand should have focused on the A.S.S. The car Sunny is fantastic and I love driving it. But the service from Nissan is horrible.

Yes I did write to Nissan India Customer Care and even spoke to them at least 10 times over the last 3 months. Even they have no clue about where my car's roof is. They keep telling me that they will get back in 2-3 hours with a update and never get back. Thats the funny bit. No one to help me out. I even have a complaint number registered with them: MAICHIMUM2013051557066

This is the fourth negative review about Ichibaan on our forum. Goes to show they aren’t the right folks to deal with when buying a Nissan. Something that shocks me further is that this dealership is run by the same person who is the Vice Chairman of Hover Automotive (Nissan India’s Partner). Please try another workshop and don’t forget to shoot a serious mail to Nissan India with CC to their headquarters in Japan. If the issue is still not resolved, let us see if we could do something.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for the suggestion, but I did write to Nissan India Customer Care and even spoke to them at least 10 times over the last 3 months. I even have a complaint number registered with them: MAICHIMUM2013051557066

No where on their website is mentioned the email id of their head quarters. Not even in their global website. Only the customer care id is there where I have already lodged a complaint, with no help so far. Really annoying

Re: Ichibaan Nissan is a Cheat

Drive Safe,
350Z
How about collating all these complaints from our member's and do a small write up about the issues faced by the owners and mail it to the higher authorities of the company? let this forum be the tool for all vehicle owner's to fight against the unfair treatment.

Sorry to read about your situation @thararuday as most people have suggested please collate the data of all your complaints and send a serious mail and let them know your intentions to go to consumer court.
I know the sad state of affairs in India and in this case you may have to fight out your case with either the dealer or Nissan but if they don't respond to your complaints and requests I think this might be the last available option for you.
Best of luck.

Thread Starter #9
You know what I have already lodged a complaint in the National Consumer Helpline with the DocketNo 468402768113

And also shown Nissan the online version of the complaint. No effect on Nissan.

And the "Jago Grahak Jago" government people are themselves fast asleep.

Its a sad thing to hear about your ownership and also for you who as the owner has to suffer from the one of the best reputed brands known worldwide.Yes agreeing that dealership is where all this has been mishandled but also why not nissan india managing company hearing and looking into any matter.
Can we as the members can get atleast the highest authority's email id or contact details and see if mail, along with all the details shoot to him along with a link to our forum as well taking this issue being looked upon.

I actually cant do that now because my insurance claim has been processed through Ichibaan service center. If I go to someone else then I ll have shell out over 50K from my pocket
You mean to say a partial work has been done on the car.
If no work has been started you can switch to another workshop and request for new insurance claim after canceling the first request. Here I think the damage will be only the processing fee which we pay to insurance company.

You know what I have already lodged a complaint in the National Consumer Helpline with the DocketNo 468402768113

Try this site,it is government operated public grievance forum.

:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::

For many it has worked after lodging the complain. Give a try to this.

Hi tharauday,
Firstly, I empathize with your plight. Hope it resolves soon. You can definitely try out the pgportal website. It has worked for one of my friend(albeit for a totally different matter).

Secondly, I have been at the mercy of ichibaan since 5 years. I know of their shoddy service. The owner of the dealership has a very bad reputation in the business circles (I bought the car from Nissan's erstwhile dealership, aquest auto, which was actually very good). I too was in a similar situation last year, when my car went for body shop work. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, they will take their own sweet time. I got the car back after 1 month for a job which should have taken on 3 days tops. The body shop manager whom I interacted with proudly pointed out to a sunny which had met with an accident was lying at their workshop for 5 months and that he was doing me a favor by getting the job done fast. Of course, not to mention their unreasonable charges for the job. This incident prompted me to investigate deeply into this dealership's functioning. The owner is also on the board of the infamous hoover automotive india, which is the middleman between nissan india and their dealers. In short, every dealer who places a part order will get it via hoover. This company is the sole reason for the tiff between nissan and its dealers.

At this point, the best thing you can do is go and meet their manager at the service center. Be polite and respecting and appraise him of your situation. You'll have to be diplomatic (yes, I know its pathetic, but at this juncture you have no option unless you are willing to pay from your pocket; which by the way will dramatically alter their attitude). This worked for my case. Complaining against this dealership yields nothing. Trust me.

For the future, prefer torrent nissan workshop for all your services. The workshop is spacious. The staff is courteous and for your normal and simple services they will suffice. Do note that they are the same as all other dealers as far as part replacement is concerned. Thats their standard answer for even small things. But this dealer is the best in bombay, thane and navi mumbai region.

Me, I now get my services done at a FNG. The car is troublefree, but the dealers really disappoint.

For all the members here, I sincerely request you to be a little wary of this dealer.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention another reason for not going ahead with ichibaan. Their workshop gets flooded every year during rains. Upto 2-3 feet of water, I have personally seen. Torrents workshop is at an elevated level.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Thanks Simple_Car for your inputs. Have already decided not to use Ichibaan in future and good to know that Torrent is better than Ichibaan.

I got hold of the email id of Director Sales & Marketing-NISSAN, Mr. Nitish Tipnis. When I told him about my trouble he took my case seriously and got four people behind my issue. The issue should get solved in a couple of days.

My request to Admin of Automotive India: If we can compile a list of complaints against Ichibaan Nissan and send a strong message to the Mr. Tipnis, we could may be help people in future and save them from the trouble of Ichibaan Nissan.

His email id is: nitish.tipnis@hai.net.in

Thanks,
Uday

My request to Admin of Automotive India: If we can compile a list of complaints against Ichibaan Nissan and send a strong message to the Mr. Tipnis, we could may be help people in future and save them from the trouble of Ichibaan Nissan.

His email id is: nitish.tipnis@hai.net.in
Dear tharuday sir,

Good to know that your issue is being looked into. Keep your calm and continue your current approach.
I would like to inform you one thing though. From the email id you have posted, I am assuming (Please note, only assuming) that he is part of Hoover Automotive India (hai). The owner of Ichibaan is on board and a major shareholder of the same hoover group.
I believe that your strong complaint or even something like a petition will not result in any strong action being taken against Ichibaan.
I have tried it, many years back. That's when I came to know about Hoover.
The only thing right now to do is wait till their agreement with Nissan expires and hope that Nissan does not renew the agreement.
The tiff between Nissan and its dealers currently is largely due to Hoover Automotive.

Hope your troubles end soon,
Thanks,
Simple_car

Thread Starter #15
Guys!!

Finally Ichibaan Nissan repaired my car and replaced the damaged roof. It took them exactly 3 months and 15 days to do so. And that too after I emailed its MD about my compliant.

Happy now [clap]

But would again request admin of Automotive India to file a complaint with relevant people in Nissan including the posts of many members complaining about Ichibaan Nissan.

Thanks
Uday

Top Bottom