My Experience with Maruti Service Masters

Thread Starter #1
I had a worst experience with MSM in chennai near ekattuthangal.

Actually, while parking my car into the parking zone of friend's house rather keeping acceleration in a very low I pressed with hard due [frustration] to honking sound of lorry behind me. So while turning I got hit the steel gate and it caught hold my car's back bumper.

Also it made some dents on my left side back door and thank god for some minor paint gone in wheel arch on the back side but to my surprise back bumper has been broken out.

Almost I cried [cry] because of this is my first car and also a brand new one and some how managed my self to face.

I waited for the weekend to get my car to MSM to get repair done and went to there on Saturday in a early morning and explained everything to the SA.

The approximate time given by them was a week due to insurance claim. I waited.

After a week of time I got a call saying that the painting work has been finished and the car is ready for delivery.

The next day I went to pick up the vehicle but SA is on leave and so the other person gave me the delivery.

Almost I signed and payed everything and while coming out of the entrance I found that my AC ventilator has been broken out. I raised a concern and they said that it is out of stock we will replace once we got order delivered. Then I made my mind ok and sat back into car and found that my back seat was full of mess due to painting they not even cleaned any thing but they said that vehicle is ready for delivery irresponsible persons

Then I returned home and found that front, left side wheel cap has been broken out and my anger went to the peek and I called to the Service person and shouted like anything [gun]. He asked me to come on other day so that he will arrange for an another wheel cap and ac ventilator.

I took back the vehicle after 3 days and he managed me by replacing it with old car parts.

I decided that speaking to these persons will not result in any fruit. So I waited for the day and raise the concern straightly to the Maruthi then service person and customer manager is coming back in my cell and asking me to bring back the vehicle so that they will fix without any costs.

It was a worst experience with those guys.

Re: My Experience with Maruthi Service Masters

Actually, while parking my car into the parking zone of friend's house rather keeping acceleration in a very low I pressed with hard due [frustration] to honking sound of lorry behind me. So while turning I got hit the steel gate and it caught hold my car's back bumper.
Seriously, there are many who get panicked when someone honks hard from behind. Those morons never have patience. My idea is to keep him waiting more when he honks hard unless he is in a emergency situation.

Also, feel sorry to hear that you had such a worse experience with Maruti. MASS is entirely based on the person's location. Some service centres don't care at all but some treat the customers really well.
It would be nice to share which was the Service station with which you had the issue. So that, no one from TAI again could face the same!
Do update more about it. It should be raised to the attention of the higher authorities.

Also it made some dents on my left side back door and thank god for some minor paint gone in wheel arch on the back side but to my surprise back bumper has been broken out.

Almost I cried [cry] because of this is my first car and also a brand new one and some how managed my self to face.

I waited for the weekend to get my car to MSM to get repair done and went to there on Saturday in a early morning and explained everything to the SA.

The approximate time given by them was a week due to insurance claim. I waited.

After a week of time I got a call saying that the painting work has been finished and the car is ready for delivery.

The next day I went to pick up the vehicle but SA is on leave and so the other person gave me the delivery.

Almost I signed and payed everything and while coming out of the entrance I found that my AC ventilator has been broken out. I raised a concern and they said that it is out of stock we will replace once we got order delivered. Then I made my mind ok and sat back into car and found that my back seat was full of mess due to painting they not even cleaned any thing but they said that vehicle is ready for delivery irresponsible persons

Then I returned home and found that front, left side wheel cap has been broken out and my anger went to the peek and I called to the Service person and shouted like anything [gun]. He asked me to come on other day so that he will arrange for an another wheel cap and ac ventilator.

I took back the vehicle after 3 days and he managed me by replacing it with old car parts.

I decided that speaking to these persons will not result in any fruit. So I waited for the day and raise the concern straightly to the Maruthi then service person and customer manager is coming back in my cell and asking me to bring back the vehicle so that they will fix without any costs.

It was a worst experience with those guys.
Dear Sir,

Even my car front bumper got broken in the same way that too in less than a week :( Am planning to take it to SC next week. How long wud it take for them and how much wud it cost for me?? How much I can claim from the insurance comp?? I bought the car from CARS India. Would you suggest to take it to them or to some other SC??

Regards,

Siva

Last edited by a moderator:
Chennai special, sir! It's just because general public supports those morons heavily, why - I don't know, sorry to say that the general public is also moron!

I have been in Chennai for 3 yrs and used to fight with lorry drivers/matador drivers in my initial days of stay. All unanimously used to say that I am an outsider (I am a Bengalee) and these are expected. Today my car is full of dents/scratches due to those moron drivers.

Note: Auto drivers and bikers will hit the car while standing in traffic signal and used to say that they can hit a WB car (my car number was of WB02Wxxxx instated of TNxxxxx)!

So my love shifted from Maruti to Tata. Tata is VFM and maruti/tata both ASS are equally mess!

Proof: Bought Tata Manza after using Maruti Alto for 7+ yrs.

Last edited:
Even my car front bumper got broken in the same way that too in less than a week :( Am planning to take it to SC next week. How long wud it take for them and how much wud it cost for me?? How much I can claim from the insurance comp?? I bought the car from CARS India. Would you suggest to take it to them or to some other SC??
If the front bumper can be repaired within the No Claim Bonus (NCB) amount, then it is advised to repair out of Insurance. NCB advantage will be lost, if you claim the repair from Insurance. So check the bumper cost + labor cost. Also, check the service center and your insurance company, do they have any cashless tie-ups or not? Do your home work before going to service center.

Thread Starter #6
Dear Sir,

Regards,

Siva
Siva,

sorry for the late reply am on some business trip so had no time to update the forum. Just now all set to fine.

I hope you have repaired the dent/paint job which you have mentioned in this mean time. If not will update the details which you have asked.

Thread Starter #7
Chennai special, sir! It's just because general public supports those morons heavily, why - I don't know, sorry to say that the general public is also moron!

I have been in Chennai for 3 yrs and used to fight with lorry drivers/matador drivers in my initial days of stay. All unanimously used to say that I am an outsider (I am a Bengalee) and these are expected. Today my car is full of dents/scratches due to those moron drivers.

Note: Auto drivers and bikers will hit the car while standing in traffic signal and used to say that they can hit a WB car (my car number was of WB02Wxxxx instated of TNxxxxx)!

So my love shifted from Maruti to Tata. Tata is VFM and maruti/tata both ASS are equally mess!

Proof: Bought Tata Manza after using Maruti Alto for 7+ yrs.
Well Said sambit that too if we dont have the own covered parking in chennai then it will be the worst situation. If you have dent free vehicle when you wake up in morning all those visitors(dents)[;)] will be welcoming us in the morning.

Sorry to hear your experience. MASS's servicing is getting worse and worse.

During my 4th year's regular service, I had lots of problem with their services.
*Engine oil Spilled all over the engine.
*Intake Air box's rubber bush was missing and its making noise.
*Both ends of the Glove box's connecting rod is broken. (I asked them to clean the blower)
*Finally got my car by around 6 pm instead of 2pm.(Wondering whats the purpose of taking appointment.)

Since it was too late, SM has already left the service center. So spoke to my SA and Customer Manager regarding the issues. My demand was I need my glove box to get replaced. I have also explained my pathetic experience to my MASS feedback inquiry call.
But even after a Week SA and CM were still giving excuses. So decided to write to Maruti with pics.

Just within 14 hours I got the call from my MASS Service Manager and he said, why did't you come to see and inform me such a serious issue I was not knowing about this issue. I replied, I have reported it to my SA,CM also to the service centers Feedback inquiry call. So its your mistake and not mine if your didn't get to know this issue even after a week.While on the call he agreed to get it replaced with a new glove box. But later when I get my car to the service center I found they just repaired those broken parts with adhesive gums instead of replacing with a new glove box. I strongly disagreed it by saying why should I sacrifice for your mistakes? and finally they brought some other's A-star's glove box(saying its their car) and I was forced to get it for my car.

In short due to the increase in the number of maruti customers, MASS is becoming like "the crying baby gets the milk"

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your bad experience at SVC. I dont want all these mess so i do all major services at a good local mechanic that i know and visits svc only for Insurance Renewal.[:D]

My idea is to keep him waiting more when he honks hard unless he is in a emergency situation.
Me too.Will slow down more and pisses him off.[clap][lol]

So decided to write to Maruti with pics.
Just within 14 hours I got the call from my MASS Service Manager and he said, why did't you come to see and inform me such a serious issue I was not knowing about this issue. I replied, I have reported it to my SA,CM also to the service centers Feedback inquiry call. So its your mistake and not mine if your didn't get to know this issue even after a week.
This mailing works well,use to do this when i was having issues with hero honda service while servicing my karizma. after that they will be more polite and will be ready to do anything for us for free. :D

Last edited:

Seriously, there are many who get panicked when someone honks hard from behind. Those morons never have patience. My idea is to keep him waiting more when he honks hard unless he is in a emergency situation.
O.T.

Frankly, 90% of the drivers seem to me as if they are in some sort of emergency by the way they drive.[:)]

Just curious to know what methods you would use to determine that the person behind you honking, is in a emergency situation or not, while you are trying to park your car.

I, for one, may not be able to tell unless I get down from my car go up to him and inquire
or
see some tell-tale signs of a pregnant lady withering in pain in the car
or
some bleeding person in the car.

Unless, of course, it is a ambulance/fire engine.

It will be easier for me to gesture or say "Sorry" or "Just a minute" to the other person for blocking his way and quickly park my car.

Last edited:

O.T.

Frankly, 90% of the drivers seem to me as if they are in some sort of emergency by the way they drive.[:)]

Just curious to know what methods you would use to determine that the person behind you honking, is in a emergency situation or not, while you are trying to park your car.

I, for one, may not be able to tell unless I get down from my car go up to him and inquire
or
see some tell-tale signs of a pregnant lady withering in pain in the car
or
some bleeding person in the car.

Unless, of course, it is a ambulance/fire engine.

It will be easier for me to gesture or say "Sorry" or "Just a minute" to the other person for blocking his way and quickly park my car.
Well, you're right. Its difficult to understand whether the person behind you is in an emergency.
Hence, its always right to give way soon.
But in cases, where the drivers keep loud songs in their cars. You surely know he is not in an emergency! And its ideal to keep him waiting & blow his patience meter. :tongue:

Trust me.. it is not just maruti. It happens with all companies/brands across india. And you did the same thing which i did with hyundai.

The people who call themselves as service manager and service advisers are pathetic.

I gave my car for first service at V3 Hyundai in Perungudi, OMR. They delivered to me same day evening at 8PM ( Yeah, it was very late and they delivered after numerous calls )

As soon as the car arrived, I found my rear bumper was damaged. I immediately called the service advisor and shouted him. But he's trying to flip the story that it was like that when it came to the service station. I have the checklist which the driver gave me and I just hungup the phone and didn't talk any more words as i came to know there is no use anymore.

I called the hyundai customer care and logged a complaint directly on V3 itself because of Mr. idiot's name who calls himself as service advisor.

Next day, The service manager called and took my car back and fixed the bumper which costs 5K INR. I didn't pay a single rupee.

I miss my old buds at V3 who shifted to different companies now. The new idiots are just pathetic.
They just don't care how much you love your vehicle.

Last edited:
MASS's are really money laundering places. I own an Alto for 9 years now and I never got any paint job done at any MASS. They always charge Rs 100 for a job which can be done in Re. 1.

Last edited:
Ananth : Have you written to Maruti, when you detected these? If done, the response would have been different. You wouldn't need to run to MSM at all. For sure, it wrong on part of MSM to behave like this.
Believe me, my interactions with MSM has been smooth without any issues; of course the silverline is that I clearly inform them what I want including the last instruction on cleanliness on car delivery. I also ensure the instructions are written down or write it myself - to the core, that they call me to confirm if I want to see them changing the oil as well as oil specs during service!!
Most of the problems we face is that we fail to clearly communicate on the expectations and get an assurance on the work. Be clear on the gatekeeping and rest will flow automatically. The guys out there will know that we cannot be taken for granted.
Manufacturers are very responsive. This also applies to Hyundai when dealer cheated me on the accessories while purchasing Santro - my first car. I has written to Hyundai directly and the result is that dealer took appointment before running to my home, offering apologies and extra one year warranty for free.

Last edited:

Top Bottom