Trivandrum Dealer Asking Amount For Transporting the Vehicle From Factory

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I had booked a Vagon R on last Saturday at Trivandrum. This morning I got a call from the dealer, saying that the vehicle arrived at the Bangalore yard and to transport the car from Bangalore to Trivandrum they need fund. For that I need to pay a token of 1 Lakh [confused].

I had paid 1000 during booking and was thinking to pay the rest, once the vehicle arrives at my dealer's yard. Do I need to pay 1 Lakh now? Isn't it better to pay the rest after seeing my car?

Excuse me gentlemen if this is a silly question.

Re: Dealer asking the amount for transporting the vehicle from the factory

Guys,
I had booked a Vagon R on last Saturday at Trivandrum. This morning I got a call from the dealer, saying that the vehicle arrived at the Bangalore yard and to transport the car from Bangalore to Trivandrum they need fund. For that I need to pay a token of 1 Lakh [confused].
Don't even pay him a paisa.
All costs are included in the final amount you pay. Its dealer's responsibility to bring the car to dealership to whom you paid the booking amount. An he has to bring it safe.

Just tell them that you will pay all amount on day of deliver.

Another way of fraudulent . Do not pay him anything,it is not your duty to bring the car from Bangalore to Trivandrum.

It is just that they wanted to confirm your booking. Even a RE bullet needs an advance booking amount of 5000Rs.

If you really want the Car, pay the actual booking fee. 5000 or 10000 (reducing the 1K you paid). Think from the dealer point of view also (if he sells very less cars). If you do not buy a car after he gets it and not sold for a month, it will be a problem for him.

Pay the advance booking charge. Not the 1Lakh he ask !

Sorry to say. It does not work that way(as per my knowledge). You need to clear all your dues before registering the car on your name ! Did you pay the balance during vehicle delivery? I had to pay complete amount before registration

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

I think the full amount should be paid before the delivery day. Only after the full payment they will take the vehicle for registration, isn't it?

@balarshnan: God, these car dealers can go to any extent in order to fool gullible customers.

Don't pay a single paisa. Log on to the Maruti website and shoot an email to cutomer service - just copy paste this query alongwith the name of the dealer. The bugger will home deliver the car to you free of charge, alongwith his profiund apologies.

Do it. Now.

Thread Starter #7
If you really want the Car, pay the actual booking fee. 5000 or 10000 (reducing the 1K you paid). Think from the dealer point of view also (if he sells very less cars). If you do not buy a car after he gets it and not sold for a month, it will be a problem for him.
The booking amount for Wagon R in Trivandrum is 1000. Its the same amount across all the dealers here.

Sorry to say. It does not work that way(as per my knowledge). You need to clear all your dues before registering the car on your name ! Did you pay the balance during vehicle delivery? I had to pay complete amount before registration
You can say that again!

Don't pay a single paisa. Log on to the Maruti website and shoot an email to cutomer service - just copy paste this query alongwith the name of the dealer. The bugger will home deliver the car to you free of charge, alongwith his profiund apologies.

Do it. Now.
I'm also thinking of that. [:)]

Talked with the dealer again. Now they says I don't needs to pay the amount for now. But I needs to submit some docs like copy of election id card, copy of adhar and 2 pass port size photographs.

I think this can be done. Any issues in submitting these docs before seeing the vehicle?

Last edited by a moderator:

@balarshnan

If it is 1000rs, you need not a pay a single rupee before Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI). I always thought car booking charges are minimum of 5000 or 10000. I had to pay 5000Rs for Swift Dzire. My apology for asking you to pay the rest of the booking advance.

And, yes - You need to pay and clear all your dues before the registration of your CAR ! (Said it again [:)] )[Previously, that post was not to you. It was to 'Right Now']

Nothing wrong in giving the required document if you want to buy the car [;)]

And, use edit feature if you want to add to the post with in 15 minutes (read in forum rules)

Last edited:

Sorry I missed the registration part. I meant that thread starter should let the dealer know that he's gonna pay the amount only when required.
I paid my car's amount few days before registration.

That reminds me that I paid for my bike right on the day of delivery. So how does it work in this case?

Thread Starter #12
Maruti Alto K10 Booking Cancellation Refund

Hi,

I had booked an Alto K10 from Sarathy motors last week. Right now I'm thinking of buying a WagonR after 2 months. Can I get the total refund of the booking amount I spend on Alto K10?

Hi,

I had booked an Alto K10 from Sarathy motors last week. Right now I'm thinking of buying a WagonR after 2 months. Can I get the total refund of the booking amount I spend on Alto K10?
In another thread you have told you booked a WagonR and dealer asking money for transportation. Now you saying you booked alto and planning for WagonR after two months. You need to be clear on this Mr. Balarshnan. Otherwise, people will start doubting about your intention

Here is the update from his new thread :cool:

Hi,

I think he is confused about the car he booked

Top Bottom