Experience with Premier Carworld Pvt. Ltd., Kamarhati, Kolkata

Thread Starter #1
I very recently purchased a Wagon R Vxi from Premier Carworld located in Kamarhati, Kolkata. They had home delivered the car to me because I was unable to take the delivery from their showroom due to my immobility. However, there are a few things which I noticed after they delivered the car to me:

a) The odometer showed a reading of 107 Kms, the day the car was delivered to me. The showroom is approx. 10 Kms. away from my home. When I inquired about it, the sales person told me that it was on account of the car being sent to RTO offices in Barackpore and Chinsurah for temporary registration purposes. Also that the car was driven to the showroom from their warehouse which is located outside city limits. Is there any way to verify this?

b) I couldn't locate the manufacturing date stamped or embossed at any place in the car. The 17 digit VIN is not useful siince it doesn't bear any indication to the manufacturing date. I read in some other thread at TAI that for Maruti Suzuki, the manufacturing date is located under the bonnet. Is it so?

c) I had chosen the Combo package being offered by Maruti Suzuki for Wagon R, which included mud flaps and a rear spoiler among other things. Now upon delivery of my car, with these accessories attached, the dealer charged me a sum of INR 1685/- extra (VAT included) saying that the spoiler was originally black in colour and they had to re-colour it to match my car's body colour. The mud flaps were left black itself. I have sought an explanation from Maruti but no word from them yet. How do I cross check my dealer's claim?

d) The following documents were handed over to me along with the car:
i) Sales Invoice
ii) Debit Note
iii) Extended Warrant Certificate and Terms & Conditions
iv) Insurance copy print out
v) Temporary registration xerox copy
vi) Money receipts
vii) Owner's Manual / service Centre list / Warranty for car audio system & reverse parking sensors
Is this all that is provided by the dealers usually?

e) If anybody has purchased from this dealer, could you mention if you received any freebies/complimentary gifts?

f) How much free petrol is given by Maruti dealers at the time of delivery?

Welcome to TAI. Congrats on your new WagonR. Please post some pictures of the car if possible.

I will try to answer a few questions.

If your car is Barrakpore RTO regd, the To and Fro distance for regn should be around 40 km from dealers place, hence 107 km is not justified. If its Hooghly regd, then it makes sense as roundtrip distance should be around 100 kms.

The 19 digit VIN should give you the month and year of manufacture.

I think the dealer is taking you for a ride for the spoiler painting.Shoot a complaint to Maruti HO/Zonal Office

Hope duplicate key is also given with the set of documents you have mentioned.

Usually dealers give 5 L Petrol/coupon free at time of delivery.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Congratulation for your Wagon R

a) 107km is justified as per they said. And outside city I guess around Science City which is too far from your dealer showroom. And my friend bought Alto K10 from them. He says very good dealer.

b) Shoot a mail to contact@maruti.co.in. And give the dealer code, it can be found in owner's manual. Charging 1685/- for painting a spoiler is not acceptable they should have gave you with your car color. Its not your liability whether spoiler is not available at your car color.
5L petrol free from MS.

Thread Starter #5
@Gurrala74: Thanks for welcoming buddy!! I will try to upload pics soon.

@Anshuman:
--> The VIN is 17 digit and not 19 as mentioned by you. Do you think this is erroneous?
--> About the manufacturing date, I asked the sales guy but he was (apparently) unaware. I called up 'Anytime Maruti', but the cust. care exec. asked me to take the car to a Maruti workshop for finding out the manufacturing date, which I felt was silly.
--> As for the spoiler painting, I have already mailed to Maruti but there is no concrete response from their end. I tried calling the Regional Office once, but nobody responded my call.
--> Yes, of course, I got the duplicate keys (which I forgot to list above).
--> The sales person claimed that they had filled 5L in my car but probably only 3.5 L were remaining. I am unable to verify this. But what is worrying me is that the fuel indicator is blinking and I am not sure if I would be able to drive it even to the nearest petrol pump.

Thanks for answering buddy.

@Tenida: I have already written to Maruti about the spoiler issue, however they are mum till now. Purchasing a Maruti is turning out to be a not so good experience.

No, they will contact the dealer directly. Same happened with me while sending the complain to maruti they resolved my issue within 48 hours.

Thread Starter #7
No, they will contact the dealer directly. Same happened with me while sending the complain to maruti they resolved my issue within 48 hours.
The dealer called me and offered a discount of only. Rs. 685/. They are saying that when a spoiler is otherwise sold as a single piece accessory, the customer is always charged for the painting as well. It means that for eg. if a spoiler is costing 3500/-, an additional 1700/- will be charged for painting it, making the cost Rs. 5200/-. But, interestingly their Accessory Price List doesn't have a mention of this anywhere. I am now smelling something fishy into the whole affair. I have again written back to Maruti. Any advice?

The dealer called me and offered a discount of only. Rs. 685/. They are saying that when a spoiler is otherwise sold as a single piece accessory, the customer is always charged for the painting as well. It means that for eg. if a spoiler is costing 3500/-, an additional 1700/- will be charged for painting it, making the cost Rs. 5200/-. But, interestingly their Accessory Price List doesn't have a mention of this anywhere. I am now smelling something fishy into the whole affair. I have again written back to Maruti. Any advice?
So effectively they are charging you Rs 1000/- for spoiler painting. That is not bad considering one of the dealers quoted Rs 2000/- for painting 4 door handles and the two OVRM covers for new Swift. You can fight out still, but I sincerely think they will not waive any more charges

Thread Starter #9
So effectively they are charging you Rs 1000/- for spoiler painting. That is not bad considering one of the dealers quoted Rs 2000/- for painting 4 door handles and the two OVRM covers for new Swift. You can fight out still, but I sincerely think they will not waive any more charges
The spoiler was not a single piece accessory that I purchased from Maruti. It was part of a Combo package being offered. Hence my grievance. I would have had no qualms had Maruti declader the additional charges beforehand. You see, paying even a thousand bucks extra for the accessory makes the whole Combo package redundant cost wise since the effective discount I get (or rather the effective money I save) is very minimal.

* read as 'declared' for 'declader' above. Sorry for the typo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I approached a year ago for Ritz to this dealer. The person called me for showing models,took me from their showroom to warehouse but failed show any model. After a lot of efforts he showed the training car of Maruti Driving School, run from their premises.

The spoiler was not a single piece accessory that I purchased from Maruti. It was part of a Combo package being offered. Hence my grievance. I would have had no qualms had Maruti declader the additional charges beforehand. You see, paying even a thousand bucks extra for the accessory makes the whole Combo package redundant cost wise since the effective discount I get (or rather the effective money I save) is very minimal.
I do not know what is the deal you got for buying the car, but for Wagon R AFAIK dealers provide free mudflaps, mats etc. Some dealers sell it as a accessory package but on bargain provide the whole thing for free.

You can check with Maruti, if the spoiler actually comes only in Black color or matching body colors. Rs 1000/- for painting it is justified, but fault from dealer is they did not communicate it to you earlier.

Thread Starter #12
I approached a year ago for Ritz to this dealer. The person called me for showing models,took me from their showroom to warehouse but failed show any model. After a lot of efforts he showed the training car of Maruti Driving School, run from their premises.
Where's their warehouse located?

I do not know what is the deal you got for buying the car, but for Wagon R AFAIK dealers provide free mudflaps, mats etc. Some dealers sell it as a accessory package but on bargain provide the whole thing for free.

You can check with Maruti, if the spoiler actually comes only in Black color or matching body colors. Rs 1000/- for painting it is justified, but fault from dealer is they did not communicate it to you earlier.
The Combo package is an offer from Maruti Suzuki direct and is irrespective of any dealer/s. Its basically a combination of nine accessory items at a discounted price of Rs. 9690/- which would have otherwise cost Rs. 1240/- if purchased separately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to this forum and as the same situation like owner of this thread this dealership is near to my home, as I'm planning to buy my first car, my question are they worth to consider ?

Do they allow PDI or PRI before clearing the full amount ? By dealing with them are they safe ?

I heard lots of good word about Bhandari automobiles situated near Gariahat, but it is far more away from my home which is very inconvenient for me & my family members.

This premier car dealership looks huge from outside,several cars line up at the showroom. Are they worthy of trust ?

I'm intended to buy either Ritz LDI or VDI model before this Puja/October.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
I'm new to this forum and as the same situation like owner of this thread this dealership is near to my home, as I'm planning to buy my first car, my question are they worth to consider ?

Do they allow PDI or PRI before clearing the full amount ? By dealing with them are they safe ?

I heard lots of good word about Bhandari automobiles situated near Gariahat, but it is far more away from my home which is very inconvenient for me & my family members.

This premier car dealership looks huge from outside,several cars line up at the showroom. Are they worthy of trust ?

I'm intended to buy either Ritz LDI or VDI model before this Puja/October.
I can't really tell you about the PDI before paying the full amount since, in my case I paid the full amount and did the PDI just before handing over of the car. Perhaps, you could negotiate with them for this because it looks the norm across all car dealers throughout India. I also can not comment about Bhandari, although with my experience of buying two-wheeler from them elsewhere in India, I feel they would be a safe bet. I suggest that you get a quotation from them as well and compare what each (Bhandari & Premier) has to offer. You can make a learned decision then or you could also hard bargain with Premier. One more thing about Premier, please negotiate with them for providing you with the 'Basik Kit' (if any) as a freebie. It will probably include the mudflaps, steering wheel cover, perfume and floor mats etc. Good luck!!

Top Bottom