Unpleasant Behaviour from Indus Motors

Thread Starter #1
@Moderators: If you feel this as an irrelevant topic then please remove this or move to some other relevant thread.

When we decided to exchange our 11 year old Maruti 800 Std (2002 edition) the first car make which came into our mind was Maruti Suzuki as we have a Maruti car with us for a pretty long time + my Dad was not ready for any other cars :( . So we decided to go to various dealers around Thiruvananthapuram and enquire about various cars in the market.

It was on this Wednesday we went to the Indus Motors, Neyyatinkara for an exchange enquiry. For the exchange inspection of our old car, the sales executive fixed a meeting on Friday afternoon. As per the plan I decided to take a half day off today. Befote taking the half day off I made a call to the sales executive to confirm this meeting. He confirmed the meeting and told me that he will call me back within some time to fix the exact time of our meeting. This happend at 12:10 PM today. As he confirmed I decided to take half day off and came home and waited for his call. Waited waited and waited [sleep].

At 6:13 PM I got a call from him saying that he was in a meeting, which was fixed this morning, so that we could not meet today [clap]. OMG this meeting was planned two days back. I even called him before taking half day off. Wasn't he aware of his other meeting earlier. Can't he send some one else?? Is he the only one sales executive with Maruti??

At the end I had not only wasted some precious hours at work, but also a half day off. I should have done lots more with this half day off.

Is this a rare incident or some body else here had came across such incidents. If so what should I do now? Shall I write to Maruti or Indus saying that some one from your team has wasted my time and because of that I lost the belief in you. Please advise. If they are behaving like this while sales what will be there after service performance [confused].

It sure feels sad when such things happen as you are all exited and worked up for buying a new car and such incidents do spoil the mood. But the SE not showing up or calling to inform you that he cant meet is not that big a issue as you are thinking of it. He might actually have a meeting as it is month end and all SE are under pressure at this time. I am not saying that this is a valid excuse but it's not that big an issue as well. You can take your car at the dealership anytime and have it evaluated there and then.

Last edited:
in kerala its the norm mate. time is not valuable. have you built your own house ? well the mason will inform you that he and his team of workers will come on such and such date prepare food for say 10 people. we fools will take leave from office get the food ready and he won't come. next day he will inform that he was tied up/ some one died /fell ill etc etc.go to some govt office they come by 10am go for tea by 10.30.while we keep on waiting. try another dealer thats the only thing i think will do yoou good.

Hi balarshnan, Welcome to TAI.

The experience with that particular SE is definitely disappointing, however, his mistake isnt grave enough for the action which you are planning to take. You can ask him to take care of such an event not repeating in the future. Meetings are something which drop down from no-where. Ask me I have cancelled my leave many times, due to these "Meeting Attacks" [;)].

Thread Starter #5
It's really sad to know that this is not a rare issue. I also decided to leave this issue. May be this is the reason which allows the SE's to do as they like. No body is complaining.

Mean while I met some nice SE's from another dealer, Popular motors. I highly recommend this dealer for Thiruvananthapuram folks. I had visister 3 Popular showrooms in Trivandrum, any body can feel their difference in attitude with the Sarathy and Indus motor officials.

one thing just put a complaint at Indus motors and marutI site...mention the name of the SE. Mention due to this attitude you have lost faith in maruti.
The SE will come to your house like a puppy. And you will get a good deal as well.
The evaluation of car can be done at your place. Tell them to come on Sunday. Don't take the day off.

Last edited:
Just directly call the Maruti helpline on 18001800180, and complaint to them directly.. they will solve the issue really quick

Dear Balarshnan call 09745997701,
This is the number of Mr Biju the sales head of Trivandrum and Kollam,explain what happened and he will take care of it for sure.
There is a chance that the guy you talked to is not the SA of the indus motors because normally the dealers arrange local used car dealers to evaluate, if in case the true value representative is busy on his job.
The guy who called you may be a local used car dealer,but you have all your right as you were directly dealing with the Indus motors.

Check the number you contacted ,the indus trivandrum sales numbers are of the same series of the above number.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
@Moderators: If you feel this as an irrelevant topic then please remove this or move to some other relevant thread.
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. Your thread is fully relevant to this forum. :smile:

It was on this Wednesday we went to the Indus Motors, Neyyatinkara for an exchange enquiry. For the exchange inspection of our old car, the sales executive fixed a meeting on Friday afternoon.
First thing, I don’t recommend selling a car to the dealer. You’ll fetch better margins by selling to an individual instead.

As he confirmed I decided to take half day off and came home and waited for his call. Waited waited and waited
Your disappointment is justified. It’s an example of sheer carelessness on SE’s part. Beware; it’s not uncommon to experience such situations while buying a car.

At 6:13 PM I got a call from him saying that he was in a meeting, which was fixed this morning, so that we could not meet today. OMG this meeting was planned two days back. I even called him before taking half day off. Wasn't he aware of his other meeting earlier.
You should ask him to come to your place to valuate the car if you’re still looking to deal with him. Or else visit another dealer. You have nothing to lose.

Can't he send some one else?? Is he the only one sales executive with Maruti??
The sales person will never connect his client to another executive. They earn commission out of each sale. There’s no reason he will ever do so.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestions. Really I lost the failt with Indus motors. That's why I decided to choose some other dealer.

Right now, I'm now even thinking about Indus motors. Their after sales service is terrible in our area.

Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestions. Really I lost the failt with Indus motors. That's why I decided to choose some other dealer.

Right now, I'm now even thinking about Indus motors. Their after sales service is terrible in our area.
I too had a bad experience with Indus motors. I made hell at their dealership and they are probably the worst in Customer care. I took delivery of my car from showroom opposite your office[:D]

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom