Lathangi Ford Bangalore Worst Ever

Thread Starter #1
Recently took my ford mondeo car for a service center at Lathangi ford opposite IIM with a prior appointment for the service . The funny part was after I reached there the service technicians are like "sorry sir" we can't lift your car in our garage since they can lift only fiesta : figo cars. Around 11 months back I had done the service from the same dealer , when they dint have the so called " lifting issue " LoL. Secondly the service center is so much unorganized that the people there have no idea whether the customers are waiting for the car to be delivered or whether they came to drop in the car. Thankfully my friend recommended me Metro ford on st marks road and the service they carried out was very good and they have a good customer relations unlike the other.

@india6336, my friend puchased Fiesta from Lathangi and he too was very disappointed during first service. Now, he visits Cauvery Ford and he opined that they are much better compared to Lathangi. Metro Ford is also quite ok. I have visited couple of times with my friend. Only flipside is they are little short on space. At times, it gets scary to get in and out of their service set up with cars parked everywhere in the compound. There is no proper drive way.

I also agree with this situation. There service really suck. I did my 2nd and 3 rd service from there.
When I did my 2nd service, I did not feel like, there was any servicing was done apart from that car wash. That to to get the delivery of the car, i had to wait around 2 hours.

During 3rd service, I thought of monitoring the whole process of the servicing by myself. I also took the Service manual book to cross check whether they are doing all the job what ever is mentioned in the book.
So took a half day leave from office, advanced booked the date of service. Reached in time to the service station. But it took 30 min for SA to reach me. Anyway I explained all the issue of car(not much issue) and my car was taken inside.
After my observation what I found is they do the following things. May be because I was observing.
1) Change the Engine Oil
2)Top up the Break oil,Coolant and wiper liquid.
3)Rotate the Tyre.

Then they will do the fix,if customer has any specific complain. Then they will look into that issue only.No other part will be checked.

But as per service book, they need to tighten many part, many part require lubrication,many part require cleaning,Door checking etc. Any rattle sound, test drive check. They do nothing.

But nothing will be touched. Upon my request to inspect those thing, after some reluctant they did some of things. Like I asked to clean the break pad etc, they had some weird look on their face.

Next time I have planned to go some other service center .

@Carfreak i once serviced my fiesta there as you said the place is very conjusted but overall the service feedback was ok. i usually book an appointment otherwise they won't even touch your car same in case of other SC guys also i think.

St Marks Metro Ford is the old one in Bangalore and you will find every spares over there compared to other centres.

Has anyone tried the new SC opened near yeshwanthpur outer lane ring road.
I wanted to have my next service there since it is near to my home compared to St marks Metro ford.

I think almost all the service centers does the same or may be little better as I have experience only with Cauvery Ford till now. Main reason I think is the number of cars they take each day for service and lack of interest. They don't really care on the process to be followed for service and proper cleaning of the car is forgotten most of the times.

Can you believe your car engine bay is as dusty as before (not wiped/cleaned/etc) even after the service?? I had such experiences in Cauvery Ford when I gave my new Fiesta for 1st and 2nd services. I had to stay there asking the guy to wipe it properly and show him the places he left, etc. I spent almost 1hr to give the car for service and almost 2hrs to take the delivery. Now, I am really thinking where to give my fiesta for 3rd service. I asked for under-body coating and small small black dots were there on the body above the tyres. I regret for getting this done from them and not going through 3M which are very professional in these things.

But the one I appreciate with Cauvery Ford is if they don't have any spare part, they can come to your place and fix it when they get it (depending on the feasibility).

Last edited:
Now a day SA people are more interested in selling the stuff like 3M product, under body coat etc. They are least interested in your car problem.

worst service by lathangi ford Bangalore. Lathangi hired Useless and worthless staff. they donot even know how to type a bill. I have faced many issues from the day I gave my car for the service.

bill was not proper, they had printed some other car number instead of my car number.
Reported for one problem and later I faced three problems. .
If they do something they are not fixing it properly.

Its a humble request to all ford customers, please don't opt for lathangi. And I would suggest its better to get it done the things outside instead of lathangi. Atleast there we will get good quality and worth for the money.

Oops! I was thinking of giving Lathangi a try for the upcoming 50K service of my Figo. Neither Metro Ford is so great to talk about. I have so many open issues with them, none were even diagnosed. So, fixing those are far away!!! However, are they the best, rather better in Bangalore? Anyone tried all service centers would able to comment.

I have tried Elite, that's pathetic. Metro Ford in St. Marks Road is little better compared to their Lingarajapuram one. Visited Lathangi once, but haven't done anything. Cauvery is way to far for me to even think about.

@Figoian, You can do the servicing at Lathangi but I suggest you to be remain there.
If you will stand near your car and inspect every thing rather than relying on the SA, your servicing will be indeed good. You need to have the list what all are thing needs to be addressed and whoever service mechanic is assigned to your car, explain everything in detail to him and your work will be done.

Last Time I visited there was related change of LTB change. They did a good job on that and gave very nice clean(inside & outside) and not a single penny was charged to me.
But I suggest do not go on weekends, it is sure to have a degraded service. They also admit that, some SA was telling during weekend they used to get 60 car to deliver in a single day.

I feel all ford dealers and service guys need training how to handle customer. I went to a ford dealer in marathali, Bangalore on June 30 after the ford eco sport release was announced. I was planning to book an eco sport .The way the behave to customer is sad. They did not provide any answers to our queries and were very arrogant. Immediately I came out, feeling humiliated and frustrated and went to Trident Hyundai to book a Verna. My decision to chuck the ecosport was primarily due to arrogant nature of sales personnels there. The way Hyundai sales guys behaved was entirely different. I am happy with my buy and happy to chuck ford due to their poor customer handling.

Last edited:
I feel all ford dealers and service guys need training how to handle customer. I went to a ford dealer in marathali, Bangalore on June 30 after the ford eco sport release was announced. I was planning to book an eco sport .The way the behave to customer is sad. They did not provide any answers to our queries and were very arrogant. Immediately I came out, feeling humiliated and frustrated and went to Trident Hyundai to book a Verna. My decision to chuck the ecosport was primarily due to arrogant nature of sales personnels there. The way Hyundai sales guys behaved was entirely different. I am happy with my buy and happy to chuck ford due to their poor customer handling.
You must have visited Elite Ford. As I mentioned in my previous post, they are the worst in the lot here.

@ Kartheek,
Could you be please more elaborate to describe what exact problem you faced in the service center.
I gave it for AC work and water leakage problem. . They said they have done it and the problem wont repeat again. . but the next day I got to see that AC heater is not working, they have removed the music player but they didnt fix it. . Water leakage problem was still there. I called up them and they said sorry sir that mistake was done by service team not by workshop and water leakage problem we are not sure.

Even second time, the same thing. . They removed rubber and all other stuff to fix the winshield glass and finally they forgot to fix the rubber on the roof and front doors. . They didnt fix wiper properly. And i asked for wheel alignment, even that they didnt do but got the same response. We have done it sir. Third time, they did it correctly, that too after giving complient to CRM.

I been to lathangi service centre in bennarghatta road couple of weeks back without any prior notice.they didn't make me wait for more than half n hour, and service is ok.
india6336-it's very bad that with prior notice they doing like this

Top Bottom