Maruti Dealer Pushing For Full Payment Before PDI

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Recently, I have changed my booking to Maruti Swift Dzire vxi after waiting long (60 days +) for Ritz zxi. I did not hear anything positive from dealer on car delivery. My friend has also booked Dzire vxi with the same dealer but at different location in Bangalore.

Now both of us are getting numerous calls from sales rep and asking for full payment of the car. I have already made a payment of 1.1 Lac and my friend has given only booking amount. We have already mentioned that before making full payment we would like to see the vehicle. Dealer is saying that after full payment, we will be asked to see the vehicle once it arrives at dealer’s stockyard and, after confirmation, vehicle will be send for registration. Dealer is mainly pointing out that they would like to get the payment before financial year end.

I and my friend are personally against full payment because no one knows when the delivery will take place once we pay full. Dealer is saying that car will reach in 5 to 10 days.

Please advise whether it is good idea to pay the amount before we even look at the vehicle.

Thanks.

Re: Maruti Dealer is pushing for full payment before PDI

I don't advice making full payment before inspecting the vehicle.
The dealer may be asking for full payment so as he can show it in this financial year only, but that's his look out.

ARE you purchasing it on loan or on full payment.
If its full payment hand over the cheque at the delivery time only, as this keeps you on the safe side you can inspect your vehicle and also dont have to worry for delivery.

Once full advance payment made you are at the mercy of the dealer.

Please dont pay full amount before you do the PDI. Tell him to give in writing that he will deliver in 5 days after full payment. Call Maruti helpline and escalate if he still insist.

Giving cheque on delivery wont help. They need the money before sending the car to registration. What if your cheque gets bounced or you do not pay at that time?

As Krish said, Only thing you can do is to ask him to write and give saying delivery will happen in 5 days after making the full payment.

You do not get panic on PDI check. You need to check the car before sending for registration. Even if you pay fully, you can still do a PDI and change the car.

We went to Bimal Mahadevapura and selected a different car than they selected for us. Only Tyre was different which fetched more value. I think we saw JK Tyre initially and selected the other car with MRF. Got 200RS extra on each Tyre while upgrading to Michelin XM1+ (This was after paying the amount 3L +loan)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

Yes, that's what I knew. They send car for registration only after getting full payment. I am not opting for any loan.

What documents should they provide once I am happy with PDI? I think insurance copy and registration documents will be given on delivery day.

2 weeks back I was totally disappointed to notice kind of dullness and low enthusiasm in Maruti showroom.
They asked me full amount and promised to deliver alto800 within a week.
I secretly inquired the reason why Maruti is behaving unusually different ,answer I got was
Their sales are dwindling and almost at the lowest of what they could ever expect. Their biggest bread winner ,Alto800 was a big let down for the looks and overall utility and swift have too many in competition.
Obviously we bought 2 cars of different brand.

What documents should they provide once I am happy with PDI? I think insurance copy and registration documents will be given on delivery day.
They do not provide any documents. If you want, you can write down the engine number or so (I think they will have a card inside which contains that info). Match the same with before taking the vehicle.

Which showroom you are referring to ?

Thread Starter #9

They do not provide any documents. If you want, you can write down the engine number or so (I think they will have a card inside which contains that info). Match the same with before taking the vehicle.

Which showroom you are referring to ?
I have booked it with Bimal at old airport road and my friend has booked with Bimal at Whitefield.

Thread Starter #10

I do not understand why they still do not deliver cars on time when demand is dwindling? I suppose, in this case, car should be available readily.

By the way, I have just got a call from dealer. The car has arrived. I am going for PDI today.

@Psaha:
Buddy be strict at your side, tell the sales rep in clear words that you will pay only after seeing the car and if he calls you again then he should be ready to get the booking cancelled. I think this may work for you.

I do not understand why they still do not deliver cars on time when demand is dwindling? I suppose, in this case, car should be available readily.

By the way, I have just got a call from dealer. The car has arrived. I am going for PDI today.
Iguess those high sales figures are fake or just placebos tokeep people excited.

When I went looking for Honda CBR250 bike last year they said it is hot selling and waiting period is more than a month ,I was excited to own a well selling Honda bike. I inquired if there is any way to get it quickly to which SE said,for ready cash they can arrange it within a week.So did my curiosity lead me to explore and I discovered that cbr250 was a dud and SE was taking me for granted.

Thread Starter #13
I am just back from Dealer’s stockyard. Vehicle looked good to me. I have checked whole body for scratches and dents, checked inside of the car and under bonnet. I have noted down the engine number and key number. The VIN ends with “CD”, which indicates car was manufactured on March 2013.

I did not check all electrical parts as the battery was disconnected. I will definitely check everything while get the car delivered. Sales rep mentioned that Maruti has done 1 PDI and another will be done before sending for registration.

I am just back from Dealer’s stockyard. Vehicle looked good to me. I have checked whole body for scratches and dents, checked inside of the car and under bonnet. I have noted down the engine number and key number. The VIN ends with “CD”, which indicates car was manufactured on March 2013.

I did not check all electrical parts as the battery was disconnected. I will definitely check everything while get the car delivered. Sales rep mentioned that Maruti has done 1 PDI and another will be done before sending for registration.
Congratulations ...
Did you make any payment now ?
please remember to check the km done, the first thing before you sign delivery documents.

Top Bottom