Honda Dealer Insisting To Change Invoice 3 Months After Car Purchase

Thread Starter #1
Yesterday I got a call from my HONDA dealer stating that he needs my signature on invoice for that car that I purchased in mid Nov 2012, I asked him to get the invoice to my home so that I can check with previous invoice and if both are same I can sign on new one. Different people from same showroom called to me enquire about my address and availability so I asked him what is the real problem with previous invoice and he mentioned that my signatures are not matching. When he arrived at my residence I observed that the new invoice is totally different (it has total less of 20K also VAT figures are incorrect) than previous invoice and also understood that whatever he was claiming about signature mismatch was white lie. Today I have asked the sales person who handled my case to come up with all the documents so that we know which one is the correct invoice. One thing I fail to understand as how after 3 months of sales they are changing the Invoice[frustration].

mail it to honda officials to look into your matter at the earliest . this could be a mistake from the honda sales team which they are trying to hide .

Normally, when one books a new car, a contract is signed between buyer and dealer which gives details / break up of mutually agreed price, discounts, freebies etc. This is to have transparency in dealing and avoid any disputes in future. You should verify if the invoice is in line with contract.

We were in an impression that Magnum Honda is reliable. They got the biggest Honda dealership in Bangalore for time being. Please do keep this thread updated. This is something fishy and need to inform Honda for preventing dealers from such practices.

If you have the quotes, or agreement before finalising your deal compare that with your bills and see where is the difference there.For final on road price you paid n bills generated to you, cars invoice insurance registeration everything shall match your deal n the amount you paid.

Yesterday I got a call from my HONDA dealer stating that he needs my signature on invoice for that car that I purchased in mid Nov 2012, I asked him to get the invoice to my home so that I can check with previous invoice and if both are same I can sign on new one. Different people from same showroom called to me enquire about my address and availability so I asked him what is the real problem with previous invoice and he mentioned that my signatures are not matching. When he arrived at my residence I observed that the new invoice is totally different (it has total less of 20K also VAT figures are incorrect) than previous invoice and also understood that whatever he was claiming about signature mismatch was white lie. Today I have asked the sales person who handled my case to come up with all the documents so that we know which one is the correct invoice. One thing I fail to understand as how after 3 months of sales they are changing the Invoice[frustration].

Hope you are checking the issue with Honda.

You must not sign the new/ revised invoice which quotes a single paisa more/less than you actually paid.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Top Bottom