(Put the Worst Word You Can Think of Here) Experience at Avia Renault, East Delhi

Thread Starter #1
To make it short, avoid this showroom like you would avoid AIDS and cancer.

Was at Delhi on 1.2.2013 to help my friend take delivery of his Duster RXZ (O) 110.

The showroom was a total mess. I have seen better slums. No wait, I have seen better cases of measels and third degree burns.

Delivery was promised at 1400h in the afternoon. When we reached there, the Duster was nowhere to be found. SA's (Manpreet Singh) reply "aa jaayega sir, jaayega kahan?" ("It will be here sir, where else could it go?")

After aimlessly wandering in the showroom for about an hour and pleading with multiple people if they had any clue of our Duster, the SA finally announces "sir bahar khada hai" ("sir, its standing outside").

My friend said YAHOO. I said Oh Yeah.

Went outside and saw our MEESRHA36c874556 (VIN) for the first time. Worthy contender for the dirtiest car in the world. And I havent even spoken about the state of the interiors yet.

The interiors were as if they've just hosted the final round of the rugby league. On a rainy day.

I tried to be cynical and said to the SA "Dont you think you should get it all wiped down with a er...duster?"

SA giggled but I still believe that he did not get the joke.

Lo and behold, he got the Duster parked adjacent to the showroom where a security guard picked up a pipe, connected it to a tap and started watering down the Duster (apparantly, there's no washing bay at the showroom - vehicles have to be taken to their workshop for washing). The security guard then opened the bonnet and started watering down the entire engine bay. The connectors, battery terminals, ECU......till I shouted "STOPPPPPPPPPP, FOR GOD'S SAKE STOPPPPPP!!!!!"

It was 6 p.m. by then but the SA still maintained that he can deliver a clean vehicle today itself with all accessories fitted.

So we decided to have a visual inspection of our Duster (MEESHRA Ji - what we decided to name it, blame it on the ViN).

There were scratches on the left edge of the front bumper, the rear bumper wasn't aligned properly, and there was a hole in the centre of the rear bumper. At this moment, we thought that instead of calling our Duster MEESHRA Ji, we would call it Polo - The car with a hole.

Asked many people about the hole (I was convinced that it was drilled to install a reversing camera and then the customer later on refused to take delivery so the camera was taken off, leaving the hole untouched). Got weird replies "It comes like this only", "RXZ (O) has a provision for reversing cam so the hole has to be there naa sir", "All RXZ (O)s being delivered since November have this hole" at which I said "my dear, but this is an October model, see the VIN". More sheepish grins.

The SA still maintained that he could deliver the vehicle today itself with all accessories fitted.

So we decided to take a test drive of our MEESHRA Ji/Polo/Dirtyer blah....

Happily, all was well with the test drive and everything functioned the way it should. This is a good, solid car.

After the test drive, we met a senoir sales manager (Mr. Rana) who made another great technical revelation to us "Remember, when you brake suddenly from 120/140 kmh ish speeds, the vehicle will veer to the left."

My friend: "Why?"

Mr. Rana: "All vehicles are like this only"

My friend looks at me. I shrug. WHATTODOSIR, we are like this only.

Mr Rana goes on: "When you take it to your hometown from here, you will be driving at 140 kmph because the roads are good. Then you will observe this left pulling phenomena when you brake"

Er, I thought a new vehicle (47 km on the odo) is to be run in before pushing it to 140 kmph. Nevertheless, by this time we were too angry, frustrated, and tired to go on.

"Please keep the vehicle ready tomorrow. What time do we come, SIR?"

Mr. Rana and Manpreet in unison: "2 baje tak" ("by 2 p.m.").

My Rs 10000 worth of air tickets went down the drain as I had to rush back on the same day - I had come specifically to help my friend take this delivery. I wished him all the best and flew back to my hometown.

Thankfully, he could take the delivery next day. At 7 p.m.

And what was the first thing he did after he got home with his Duster?

Yup, he cleaned it.

There is no God.

Last edited:
I really feel sorry for your friend, I remember my delivery of Punto, It was not so horrific, but dis heartening. [cry]

But the way your narrated is really humurous. [lol]

Thread Starter #3
I really feel sorry for your friend, I remember my delivery of Punto, It was not so horrific, but dis heartening. [cry]

But the way your narrated is really humurous. [lol]

What angers me is that these dealers have no concern for someone who is parting with his life's savings (almost Rs.14 lakhs in my friends case) to buy a car from them. Is it so difficult to organise the logistics for a car to be delivered in top class condition at a predetermined (and mutually agreed upon) date and time?

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
that really is a bad experience. he shouldn't accept the car delivery with all the things you mentioned. how would you know the guy who canceled may have already took the delivery ?

and the vehicle moving left , that's odd. ask your friend to go to a nearby service center and confirm the same from another duster owner.

What angers me is that these dealers have no concern for someone who is parting with his life's savings (almost Rs.14 lakhs in my friends case) to buy a car from them. Is it so difficult to organise the logistics for a car to be delivered in top class condition at a predetermined (and mutually agreed upon) date and time?
Yes, the dealers these day thinks that they can play with customers as and when they want. And any how they succedds in doing that as well. [frustration][anger]

A worst experience a customer gets when he is anxiously waiting for delivery.

The way Sam narrated the total story was nice( eg:we would call it Polo - The car with a hole.)

Thread Starter #7
that really is a bad experience. he shouldn't accept the car delivery with all the things you mentioned. how would you know the guy who canceled may have already took the delivery ?

and the vehicle moving left , that's odd. ask your friend to go to a nearby service center and confirm the same from another duster owner.
1. The panels (front and rear) were replaced.

2. Delivery cannot take place without registration - checked up with the RTO.

3. The Duster never moved to the left (here's an upper cut to Mr. Rana) - it was just a statement made by the senior sales manager. Obviously, we would have refused to take delivery had it been so.

Whoa you spend a million bucks and you get free dust and muck as well, I would suggest your friend to post the pics(assuming he took it ) on to the duster facebook page as well or send it to their customer care. Pathetic dealership attitude to say the least.

Btw that apart your views on the car, good and bads are pending sir :tongue:

Thread Starter #9
A worst experience a customer gets when he is anxiously waiting for delivery.

The way Sam narrated the total story was nice( eg:we would call it Polo - The car with a hole.)
Incidentally, Avia Renault also owns the Volkswagen showroom. Both showroom share a common boundary wall. So stay away from Avia Auto if you want to buy a Renault or Volkswagen in Delhi.

Thats phethetic way of handling the delivery of your friends car sam,and as IR suggested i too would say the same, ask you friend which surely would have the pics of the way his duster was delivered posted to their official fb page and also to their customer care.Company needs to know about their dealership attitude and behaviour.
This really puts the joy,fun and that exitement on ones face to down south with frustration while owning a new vehicle.Thankyou for your post and details you shared Sam,useful for other buyers from same dealer.

In fact most of the sales team convince and please us till they get the full payments and other procedures. Also mechanics who are in the PDI doesn't know the basics of PDI. They wash the vehicle for a name sake and will place a PDI sticker on the day of delivery. If the customer goes for Teflon coating etc etc( which pleases the accessories sales dept), he will get a 5 star reception and delivery.

@Sam

I had no words to write after finishing most humorous post and was like this for a while [lol][lol] and the saddest part is you flying down to Delhi to get him the delivery of Duster with lot of Dust [lol]

@ Sam, Really sorry to hear about this horrific experience! Any one would have bled their heart out if such were to be the delivery experience of their beloved cars. However, wasnt the PDI of the allotted vehicle done by your friend before making the full payment? or did I miss something?

Last edited:
"Bad" is not the word i can say

Buying a new car and washing it after coming home ????

That is ridiculous !!

I might as well buy a second hand car rather than buying it in a showroom like you said

I am really sorry to hear this. I have never heard this much horrible thing that has happened in show room.
Okay tell your friend to forget and have a good time with the new vehicle.

Top Bottom