No Test Drives Available At Dealerships – Your Experiences.

Thread Starter #1
How often you have heard experienced this lines when you are looking to test drive a vehicle,for your new purchase,helping out friends/families or even for the sake of driving new car and knowing about it.
Please pour in your experiences of what and how you had with different car manufacturers dealerships.
My current ones:
Before finalising my purchase of i10, planet hyundai was very corteous to offer me TD's a couple of times, even for i20 as well,few for me and few for my wife and with kids.One of the best experiences for test drives i had.They arranged TD at my factory,at my home and even at their dealership showroom.
Maruti's WagonR, with Online request and calls, never got TD vehicle at home or at factory, visited two dealers where same lines were told sorry sir no TD car now.Give us your contact details will call you once its available,never got any calls nor TD vehicle.Went to third dealer where got the TD at their showroom.One maruti dealer was so relucant to tell me that sir this one sells in many many numbers no needed to TD it, i mean why shall i buy a car without driving it bymyself.
These are nothing personal to maruti or hyundai dealers just some experience i had while buying my new car,thought to share and to hear other experiences.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: I am intrested in test driving, sorry sir we dont have TD car

yeah i do have 2 experiences regarding the i20 diesel with Hyundai

Bad Experience
1.Himgiri Hyundai , near shalimar bagh - "sir , the TD vehicle is not available , but we do have the verna diesel if you'd like to test drive."

well , engines are different , the car is different , segment is different then how can one check or get to know about the experience wanted in a different car.

Good Experience
2.Hans hyundai , kingsway camp - " sir we can arrange the car in 4 hours" [;)]

a big [thumbsup] to hans hyundai. i gave them my number and they came to my home with the TD car at the promised time. the lady again told me about all the features the car has and what all you'll be missing in your variant of the car.

and only hans hyundai were offering the car at rupees 10k less than all the other hyundai dealerships. seriously a wonderful experience.

ps : can't remember the respective vw and skoda dealership names. will check and update the experience as well.

Last edited:
Re: No Test Drives Available At Dealerships – Your Experiences.

ABS motors near the Jag showroom in gurgaon- they did not have the Tjet.
Hmm, They are excellent TATA dealers I have seen so far in the country where ever I have visited[surprise]. My Storm TD experience was really good. There is one SA Rahul who was just excellent and he also called me two days back to enquire my decision of buying Storm[clap]. May be now Fiat again starting their showrooms on their own, hence TATA may not focusing on them much

^^^ yes sir,I was very interested in the linea,but he was forcing me to try the manza or Safari. No price quotes,no td,no interest at all.

Duster for a long time was missing TD, and the most amazing TD vehicle in terms of maintainace for a TD vehicle i have ever seen goes to the all new FORD Fiesta 2012, might be i was some first or second guys to get the TD, but i have never got no TD as an answer from Ford guys be it Figo, Fiesta or Endy thunderstorm

Thread Starter #9
Saw an add in today news paper from a maruti dealer,3+3+3 scheme stating test drive three most successful maruti cars,swift,dzire and ertiga any of them within 3 hours at your door step,or get a gift free something like this,will post the picture at the evening.

Saw an add in today news paper from a maruti dealer,3+3+3 scheme stating test drive three most successful maruti cars,swift,dzire and ertiga any of them within 3 hours at your door step,or get a gift free something like this,will post the picture at the evening.
Wow, wonderful

now that is called Service Confidence - Customer delight

Even if the dealer is not able to do what he has claimed in the AD, I think his Job to grab all prospective Eyeballs is DONE .. superb..

Every Prospective customer would surely call / visit this dealership for his Claimed service / Gift in the AD

And im damn sure that the FREE GIFT would not be more than a Keychain with the Dealer Logo and contact details... Great Marketing [clap]

Thread Starter #11
Absolutely but it nails on bang perfect, heard the dealer got many bookings on that day itself with this advertisement.

In 2010, one of my friend wanted to buy Dzire Vxi and wanted to have a TD.

He was not a good driver, so he asked me to come along.

Called up the Maruti dealership in advance and appointment was fixed at 1pm at our office.

Sharp at 1 pm we get a call from SE they are at the gate. So we hurry along and meet him at the gate.

He brought along with him two cars Dzire Zdi and Swift Vxi. Why ? Because there was no Dzire Vxi available for TD, hence his logic was we TD both and have a combined feeling of Dzire Vxi. [frustration]

Cheers,
Anshuman

I had one,Back here at Hercules motors i asked for a test drive on ErtigaD and the SA gave me a ErtigaP on TD and said both are same and the only difference is the engine.And he also said that the rear suspension comes on Spring plates.
Please note that this guy was working in sales for 6 months and had achieved his targets for his last 6 months.

went once here locally to test drive the Altis. Didnt have the car. The SA was pushing me to drive Prius even though repeatedly told her that i have already driven prius.

went once here locally to test drive the Altis. Didnt have the car. The SA was pushing me to drive Prius even though repeatedly told her that i have already driven prius.
Badly maintained TD vehicles in Dealerships.

Badly maintained Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi TD car in Popular Motors, Trivandrum Kerala. Everything made noise except the horns.[frustration]
On asking this to SA he replied they are using this same vehicles for hauling spares from warehouse as well. Dad was totally disappointed with this experience and so am i.

Regards,
Sankar

Top Bottom