Pathetic Experience at Kothari Wheels, Viman Nagar, Pune

Thread Starter #1
I bought Alto 800 Lxi model from Kothari Wheels, Viman Nagar Pune on 26th November 2012. This is my first car and it's always a special occasion for anyone. Unfortunately my experience starting from booking till delivery was not smooth or you can say it was pathetic experience. All thanks to your dealer Kothari Wheels, Viman Nagar Pune. I am writing this just to let you know what all I went through.

I am a new driver and was actually thinking of to get a 2nd hand Alto from True Value, but unfortunately my experience was not good with Mahalaxmi dealer Pune. I do not want to get into all those now but they made me realize why people say not to go for 2nd hand cars. After such a pathetic experience I decided to go for new car and then the big launch happened: ALTO 800.

Immediately after 3 days of launch I went to Kothari Wheels, Viman Nagar Pune and booked Silky Silver with brown interior Lxi model. I made it very clear while booking that I want with brown interior and I was told that Silky Silver comes only with brown interior and I do not have to worry. I did so much research on this car that I know it has 2 options grey and brown and customer can opt for any one of it. I informed the sales executive, but still they stick to their words. I was fine as anyway I wanted brown interior.

FIRST PROBLEM:
I waited more than a month but there was no update on delivery dates suddenly mid of November I got a call from dealer that they got Silky Silver with grey interior not brown. I was shocked and there were lot of discussion happened. They accepted their fault and said as it is new launch the sales executive was not sure. I was about to cancel the booking and go with Hyundai Eon, but then I am hard core fan of Maruti (We have 3.5 years old Ritz which my parents use) and decided to go with grey interior. I asked for free accessories as compensation but no they did not accept, but still I compromised.

SECOND PROBLEM:
On the day of booking dealer misspelled my name and when I told this to executive she just corrected it with pen instead of correcting it their database. I was told this is not a problem as in RC my name will be correct. One the day of delivery they displayed my name wrong. I asked them to correct it but I got same answer in RC your name will be correct. I just ignored it as I just wanted to enjoy the big moment of my life. Then the big shock came. I asked for zero debt insurance but they gave me normal insurance.

THIRD PROBLEM:
This is shocking. They handed over me all bills and everywhere my name was wrong. Still they were telling RC it will be correct. But when I saw wrong name in extended warranty, I got angry and asked them to correct it. My frustration level was increasing but I kept quiet. I never thought this is gonna be my experience while owning a Maruti car.

FOURTH PROBLEM:
Frustration level increased to the highest level when I went to get my Tax Receipt, again my name is wrong. I inquired but still they have same answer RC should have correct name. I agreed to their words and left, but on that day evening I received a letter from Kothari wheels reminding me of first service due. As I expected my name was wrong. I got angry and went to meet the manager, he was reluctant to meet to me and sent his assistance. I explained my problem to assistant manager and he assured he will take care of it. But next they when I called I got to know they did not do anything. I immediately went to meet the manager. He was as usual reluctant to meet me instead sent his another assistance, but I told them I wanted to meet manager only. He asked some one to check my name in sales letter for RC issue and all other issue he gave me complementary CD and said sorry. I am not sure what I will do with those junk and word sorry when I went through so much pain after spending my hard earned money 4 lakhs on the car.

FIFTH PROBLEM:
When I was thinking everything sorted out and there is no more problem, here comes another shocking findings. I checked all my receipt and figured out there is a difference of 240 rupees which I paid more. Again it was time for me to visit the showroom. They checked everything and found there is some issue with accessories billing. Let me explain: I ordered black full floor mat and when I asked they said I do not have to order dickey mat separately as it will some with black full floor mat. Then later accessories department manager told me that with black full floor mat dickey mat will not come instead I should go for transparent one, but when he heard about what was told to me he assured he will give me dickey mat included.

On the day of delivery I saw transparent mat and check my invoice they charged me for black mat, I was in impression manager kept his words and gave me dickey mat in the price of black mat. But when I inquired about 240 rupees difference they told me I was given receipt of black mat but they billed me for transparent mat. This is ridiculous, how can they cheat customer like this? Many customers wont have check this and may be gone unnoticed. I left the place as I was not in mood to fight with anyone. The executive who told about dickey mat comes with black floor mat is not accepting his mistake. I know I cannot prove myself as I do not have written proof.

I have sent a mail to maruti explaining everything. No update as of now. Kothari worked on all issues but still I went through all those pain. I am still waiting for RC and Kothari received confirmation from Pune RTO that my name is correct on RTO record. Let see what is waiting for me.

Last edited:
Re: Pathetic Experience at Kothari Wheels, Viman Nagar Pune

Hi dabu,

Its really sad to see such agencies spoiling such a renowed brand name.
I can understand what you are going through.
Hope you get out of this mess soon.
BTW, do you want to tell us about the new machine you own now?
I am sure it was worth driving the car after all that you went through. [clap]

I bought Alto 800 Lxi model from Kothari Wheels, Viman Nagar Pune .

. I am still waiting for RC and Kothari received confirmation from Pune RTO that my name is correct on RTO record. Let see what is waiting for me.
How the hell RTO knows correct spelling of your name unless correct spelling is informed to them by kothari or you?

Why the hell RTO would send confirmation letter to the dealer regarding correctness of the spelling ?, after all it is just another GOVT.office run by babus , isn't it ?

My suggestion is that you ask for the xerox copies of the documents submitted by the dealer to the RTO from the concerned manager. and see it yourself. Because it is very important to have same spelling on tax receipt , insurance docs , and RC smartcard from resale, insurance claims POV .
Once RC smartcard arrives, it is expensive and time consuming(affidavits , many visits to RTO, etc) to correct it.Because incorrect name means the car is owned by someone else.

Whenever you send a next email to MSIL or respond to a feedback call from them , allege that the dealer has received full amount from your bank and he is deliberately trying to register the car on somebody else' s name(misspelt) with fraudulent
intention to cheat you and MSIL needs to take police action against the dealer for forgery .

I am sure MSIL will respond earliest and scold the dealer.

@fyzy , I think the ownership thread of the concerned car is already going on in ownership review section.

Last edited:
Very true. Running through RTO offices is the last thing you want to do.
Tornado is right, you should inform the MSIL about this issue at the earliest so as to avoid any other issues later on.

Act now!!! [confused][thinking]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Sorry guys I was busy with fixing all these loopholes with dealer. As per your suggestion I sent mail to Maruti and immediately next day things gone crazy at dealer place. Everybody from sales executive to manager were trying to contact me.
The first interaction with sales executive was not good, she was like because of me she is going to lose her job, I told that was not my intention & things did not work out. I told her I am going to speak to her manager, but shockingly Kothari close my complaint without giving any update.
I sent another mail to maruti, this time little harsh, immediately a call came from dealer's customer care manager, I explained everything and also requested her not to close the complaint until I get my RC. She accepted. Same day I got a call from manager kothari wheels, I explained what ever happened, but shockingly most of things are kept hidden from him. I asked him to be careful in future and told these things is going to create bad names from them.
Manager took the matter personally from then, he spoke to someone from RTO, corrected my name, then took a print out from RTO with RTO seal on it, my name is correct in that document and he assured RC will have same name. Now I am just keeping my finger crossed and hopefully everything will be fine.
As a compensation he agreed to do engine & silencer coating for free. I know why he accepted as it is going to hardly cost him some penny, but I am not in any argument mode.
From the time I sent mail to Maruti, I am getting N numbers of apology letters from Kothari, but sad part is some of these apology letters have my name misspelled :). I am thinking of to take those letters and show it the manager.

Yes,keep the fingers crossed till you receive the RC and other docs.Do not express happiness till then .

Do not agree for engine coating et al. If the SE loses job ,it is her bussiness, afterall she played with your hard earned money .
MSIL 's dealers are known for taking undue advantage of the reputation earned by msil in the past.

One of my friend has tought a lesson to one of the such dealer ,which led to cancellation of the subdealership (hadapsar-pune) few years back.

Sorry guys I was busy with fixing all these loopholes with dealer. As per your suggestion I sent mail to Maruti and immediately next day things gone crazy at dealer place. Everybody from sales executive to manager were trying to contact me.
The first interaction with sales executive was not good, she was like because of me she is going to lose her job, I told that was not my intention & things did not work out. I told her I am going to speak to her manager, but shockingly Kothari close my complaint without giving any update.
I sent another mail to maruti, this time little harsh, immediately a call came from dealer's customer care manager, I explained everything and also requested her not to close the complaint until I get my RC. She accepted. Same day I got a call from manager kothari wheels, I explained what ever happened, but shockingly most of things are kept hidden from him. I asked him to be careful in future and told these things is going to create bad names from them.
Manager took the matter personally from then, he spoke to someone from RTO, corrected my name, then took a print out from RTO with RTO seal on it, my name is correct in that document and he assured RC will have same name. Now I am just keeping my finger crossed and hopefully everything will be fine.
As a compensation he agreed to do engine & silencer coating for free. I know why he accepted as it is going to hardly cost him some penny, but I am not in any argument mode.
From the time I sent mail to Maruti, I am getting N numbers of apology letters from Kothari, but sad part is some of these apology letters have my name misspelled :). I am thinking of to take those letters and show it the manager.
OMG Dabu

Pathetic is an understatement for what you have gone through till now

I really did not expect such a casual attitude from atleast MS dealers

I think Kothari is a big name and hence he has this Go to Hell kinda attitude

As much i am blaming the dealer, i must say that it is your car and you also should be careful with all these issues

The dealer ships and sells 100s of cars every day and in 2013 you should not trust these guys even 1 Bit forget trusting their verbal WORD [frustration]

Beleive me everybody out there is trying to maximise the commercial aspects of everyting in India, so as an informed customer you shud really have been extremely alert during the entire transaction [confused]

I wish you all the luck for the future!!

Thread Starter #8
Sorry for very delayed response on this post. I got fed up with repeated issues with my Alto 800 and it become a torture for me to visit service center every other day. For them each and every issue is normal. I thought about it and decided to part with it after 1 year of companion. I think it was a wrong decision on my part to go ahead with Alto 800.

But before parting with Alto 800, I did Pune-Bangalore-Pune trip with my wife along. It was one of my memorable road trip and may be the craziest things we did till now.

Kothari Wheels and its story is never ending. I feel they cheat each and every customer who is unaware of cars, and I can write a book with all the incidents I have gone through and sometime I feel like laughing at them. By the way they did correct my name in RC and as promised did the engine & silencer coating for free.

I feel this thread can be closed unless if you want to keep it open if somebody else wants to share their experience with Kothari Wheels. Thank you.

Top Bottom