Skoda Rapid - Horror Story with Asset Auto Pune

Thread Starter #1
It was a time for me to shift from my 6 years old Alto Lxi to a Sedan. I started finding out more about cars when I came across Skoda Rapid. A beautifully crafted muscular piece. In spite of lot of compromises I could not own that car which I dearly wanted. Here is my experience which you can read from an email I wrote to Asset Auto & Skoda Customer care. I own a sister car now Volkswagen New Vento 1.6 Petrol MT. Good lessons learnt for me as I ignored my family & friends opinion about Skoda service. I just had heard about A.S.S & was not aware about their problems in Sales as well.

Hi,

Request you to cancel the booking of Skoda Rapid Ambition Plus 1.6 MPI MT booked in the name of Parag Pathak on 1st November 2012.

Reasons
- Asset auto failed to deliver the booked model on committed date and still not sure when it will be delivered.
- Pathetic sales experience
- Cheating in terms of price commitment

What I want
- Immediate Full refund of booking amount 10,000 + Interest on amount till the amount is refunded + 1700 Rs. (Bank loan processing fees)

What I have lost in the deal
- I sold my owned car & I don't have any vehicle to commute
- I am being charged interest by bank & Loan EMI is starting from December (when I don't have a car)
- Embarrassment & Inconvenience by not getting the car as committed
- Mental harassment

Events in Chronological Order
- Booked Skoda Rapid Ambition Plus 1.6 MPI MT on 1st November 2012 after paying amount of Rs.10,000.
- Car was booked on delivery commitment (11th November 2012) by Sales executive Mr. Uday Bansode & Mr. Joyel
- After multiple follow ups from my side (Asset auto did not bother to inform me) I got to know on phone (on 4th November) that my car is not in allocation.
- I visited showroom again and there I was assured that they will still try to deliver the car on 11th November.
- After couple of days and rigorous follow ups from my side I got to know that I will need to wait till November last week. Even after that I was getting false assurance whenever I called up.
- When I called up on 23rd November, I got to know from Mr. Uday & Trishul that Kits are over and car won't be delivered till Jan 2013.
- On 24th November I was informed that Elegance model is available and I must upgrade to it else wait till January.
- On the same day I called Skoda customer care for grievance. I haven't heard back so far.
- On 26th November I went to showroom and had a talk with Mr. Joyel who was of course very rude and offered me Elegance model at 9.20 Lacs with no additional discounts. (His words - If you are not taking it, we have 5-6 customers who want it, they will take. You cancel the booking). When I went outside, Uday managed to get additional discount from Mr. Joyel after waiving off handling charges (Rs. 4000) + Rs. 1800 (not sure about header).
- With this on 27th November (9 AM) I called up Mr. Uday and agreed to upgrade to Elegance model at price 9.2 Lacs - 4000 - 1800 Rs. I also asked for Reverse parking sensors which he agreed to. As I have a loan case with bank, Uday agreed to give them updated Price Invoice.
- On the same day at 4 PM I got an unexpected SMS from Uday saying - "Sir there is no chance of getting accessories as a discount part and after all calculation deal will be finally closeing at 9.20 lac regards uday" It's not a question of 6K but I felt cheated then.
- I called up Mr. Vikram Vaidya for grievance. He assured me to close the deal smoothly.
- I got a call from Uday at 7 PM mentioning that the deal can be closed at 9.14/15 with no accessories. He said that he would still manage Reverse parking sensors (from his pocket).
- Due to all this experience and kind of treatment I got, I decided to cancel my booking.
- I SMSed Mr. Vaidya & also forwarded SMS to Mr. Uday.
- Mr. Vaidya called me up and asked me to close the deal at 9.20 Lacs (when Uday already had offered 9.14/15) and made allegations that I am changing prices. See how well Skoda guys are coordinating. Uday quoting 9.14 & Mr. Vaidya again quoting 9.20 Lacs.

I had the worst experience of my life in buying a car with Skoda & Asset Auto and would not hesitate to call it as a big mistake.

Regards,
Parag Pathak

Sad to hear about the experience. Somehow, even i had a real bad experience with Skoda guys at Nagpur after which i made sure, not to visit them again. Skoda Rapid is a very nice, and somehow i like it more than Vento, however, without proper ASS, it would have been difficult to manage the car.

BTW, i am wondering, what reply you got from Skoda Customer Care. Hope they didnt reply "Obsessed with Consistent ASS since XXXX" [lol].

Thread Starter #3
BTW, i am wondering, what reply you got from Skoda Customer Care. Hope they didnt reply "Obsessed with Consistent ASS since XXXX" [lol].
I did not get any reply from Skoda Customer Care. I called them, sent reminders over emails, posted on Facebook Skoda India/Rapid pages but everything went unheard. I feel fortunate to have this experience in Sales itself and did not have to wait for A.S.S [lol]

Dealer refunded me the booking amount without any interest/compensation. Sales manager, General Manager of Asset Auto Pune were of course not bothered about the cancellation and did not even worry to call up and apologize. Though, the sale guy was disappointed to have lost 1 booking & said sorry for the inconvenience caused to me.

Dealer refunded me the booking amount without any interest/compensation. Sales manager, General Manager of Asset Auto Pune were of course not bothered about the cancellation and did not even worry to call up and apologize. Though, the sale guy was disappointed to have lost 1 booking & said sorry for the inconvenience caused to me.
Thats surprising. I am not sure what kind of training is being given to the Skoda dealers. Are they trained to be rude and least concerened towards their customers[anger]? As for me, the experience has been bad so far.

Top Bottom