Chevrolet Dealer (Kropex India) Delivered Me a Defective Vehicle

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a Chevrolet Beat from Kropex india Indira Nagar, Bangalore on last week of Nov-2012. ODC read 70KM on delivery day.

Vin # MA6BFBHNCCT######. I had a complain since vehicle delivery day that the AC innner circulation was not working as the knob was not moving to far left side to close the Air Duct.I was informed that this could be taken care during reassurance check. Today I gave my vehicle for reassurance check (1000KM check). The Service Advisor had removed the Air Filter in front of me and found that the dust was so much accumalated that it was blocking the closure of Air Duct. Now I am surprised, being the first owner of this vehicle, how can so much dust get accumalated from first day of delivery itself(usually it take 5-6 months). Then I thought I will have to dig further on the vehicle that I bought/delivered.

I came to know that the 9th & 10th digit tells the month/year of manufacturing. Now I see that the 9th & 10th digits(CC) Mar/2012 vehicle was used for 6-7 months and was sold to me in Nov/2012. Some say its 7th & 10th digits, not sure which is correct. This is reallly a bad example from a Chevrolet brand which is a pretigious brand name in the world.Looks like some action needs to be taken from my end as I have been cheated for the money paid. Even the RTO inspectors do not validate the VIN# & mention the correct mfg month/year in the RTO smart card.

AMG

Suspended
Re: Chevy Dealers are cheaters

You cant expect to be given a fresh from factory vehicle.
Its a car, nor a cake, that it has to be delivered same day.
My fabia was 5 months old.

So that logic is out of the window.
And you should have demanded an explanation from the dealer as to why it has run 70KM.
If you were/are satisfied, you dont have a case of action.

And as for the filter getting choked, do you live in a very dusty area?

Vehicle manufactured up to 6 months back is alright but anything more than that ,without consent of buyer and 'special predelivery long storage service procedure ' is fraud especially if no extra discount is given.

RTO can be fined heavily for wrong documentation only with the help of RTI. No need to go to court.

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended

@tornado

What section of what act and what law do you quote?

that 70km on odo was enough to raise eyebrows and warranted an explanation from the dealer. But now it seems its too late.

@AMG,
It is Right To Information(RTI)

Just ask following questions to an officer placed higher than the registration officer.eg.secretary, transport of respective state
Que : RTO has mentioned wrong manufacturing date of vehicle on RC smart car, which has lead to financial losses to me .What is his purpose ? Has he received financial benefits from dealer?
What is the name and address of the officer who can take action against concerned RTO.?

Believe me the dealer will contact the buyer with an offer before RTI shows its effect

You can get results within two months.The dealer will not be spared eighter by them.

The prerequisite is that correct decoding of VIN and discrepancy on the smart card regarding manufacturing date.

Last edited by a moderator:

@Venky69 : You are correct.. Chevy dealers in bangalore are real cheaters. I bought my Spark from trident and i am facing lot of problems with their service. Every time i visit their show room i have to fight with them for better service.They are not worried about the customer. always they wanted to send the vehicle soon from their service center. i have raised complaint with chevy many times, they are even worst than this dealers.

Thread Starter #8
re: Chevrolet Dealer (Kropex India) is Cheater, gave me a defective vehicle.

Thank You for all your comments!!

Few point I will add here.

I will know that this is a second hand only only if I get the answer for the below question, if it is march/2012 model
" How to know if their is a previous owners of a 4 wheeler just by giving the VIN# & Engine #. Will the local RTO be able to help in this case, or is there a website where I can check to see the details. I do know Vahan website gives details but based on Registration # only." If yes then RTO Tax is paid twice...+ ODC is reset

Its a middle varaition model. As the dust accumalated in Air Filter was filled & had filled the pipe, it had to be replaced, I suspect it to be used well (if not the vehicle but definetely the AC) If this is Aug2012 Model then its very well possible used as a test Drive Vehicle. May be I will take a picture of the Filter & attach it. I do have it at home with me.

The vehicle was brought from yard (near Hosur) & also taken to RTO (indiranagar). I was informed that on avg all vehicles during delivery time hav a ODC reading somewhere between 40-100 KM.

I pointed out the AC issue & the rep. asked me to take it to the service center in Hosur road which was 15KM away. I was not sure if the problem would be solved immediately or I would have to go back empty handed (by bus) and disappoint my family. He also suggested I could wait till reassurance check. One big mistake from my end was I signed the delivery document, before i could investigate the vehicle thoroughly. Did investigation before & after signing. AC issue was found after signing

I never really though in my wildest dream I might receive a bit old mfg date vehicle but had my suspects only when the air filter was shown. I then inquired with friends & they suggested on VIN decoder option.

I am very surprised that the RTO inspectors & Insurance agents who are in this field working on daily based are not following a system. We will not be aware in the begining as this is new for us as we will buy a car may be once or twice in a life time. My RTO smart card says Sept/12 which is also in a way wrong entry when validating with VIN#. Either it has to be March/12 or Aug/12.

I was never given a discount as I was informed that in the Diesel model it was not applicable then. But they did had it in Petrol & Spark versions. But 1 day after delivery I saw a adv in news paper that they were giving insurenace free from Diesel variant.

Regading ODC as its digital/electronic I see other posts where ODC can be reset with 1.5-2k amount paid.

The owner number is mentioned on the RC smart card as ' O SNo' meaning Owner Serial Number. If 01 then you are the first owner , if 2 then you are second.

It is unlikely to happen and impossible that registration tax paid twice as it is onetime procedure , in the era of sim card based RC, if you possess a receipt of amount paid for regn.on your name

Still if you have dobt in your mind , you can ask for ' form 22 and road worthiness certificate and other documents submitted by dealer to RTO' at the time of permanent registration under RTI (right to information) from RTO. That will reveal the truth at one go.

It is difficult to confirm wheather the car was used as TD car at thisstage of ownership.
Suspicious points are as follows if at all you remember them.
1} lack of seat covering plastics at time when you first saw the car.
2) dirt or slime at inner or outer door handles due to handling by multiple people.
3) lack of newness of the pedals.
4) date of dispatch of the car from the factory to dealer as mentioned on form 22.The difference in date of registration and dispatch will te you for how many days it was with dealer.

It is virtually impossible for the car buyer to detect the odometer resetting/tampering done by dealer , it is as easy as resetting the time and date on mobile handset for them.

It is not RTO 's duty to find out wheather it was used as a TD Car.
But they can take stringent action against the dealer if he has tried to register a car which was already registered at the RTO. If you use the RTI properly RTO can not spare the dealer on this issue though they have good relationship with each other.

Battery manufacturing date and its warranty card and and tires 's manufacturing dates are useful in constructing the sequence of events right from manufacturing of car till it was delivered to you.

Last edited:

Where the hell on earth do you live? So much dirt in one month? Have they replaced any of your genuine parts before delivery. There have been similar cases.

To my horror , there is no dirt except few dried grass pieces.! Rest of the job seems to be done by Chuha mama(rat), probably at the time of dealer's PDI.
When was the snap taken ? immidietly after taking out the filter or after after cleaning it.

@dharmesh , the AC was not working since the day of delivery.

Last edited:

@tornado is right. This art work seems to be from the hands of the rat and not dust. Possibility, in the yard. Check for any wire cuts also.
6 months before sale if as per VDI is not so bad. slow moving vehicles are use to this.
Do you have any other issues apart from AC nob? Hows the clutch and break performance?

Thread Starter #14

I am glad that I shared the pics. Some Positive energy is coming in. Shared with others also. It should be rat or squirrel building a 2BHK. The snap was taken later, there was more floors which fell on ground & was not sticking with filter. The above scrap is still stuck with filter, I have to put in extra effort to remove it, if i have to from filter.

I have not found any other defect in the vehicle yet, milage is 20KM now. Accelerate is slow sometime in 3rd gear as if its thinking to speedup or not when I hit the pedal.

Had a discussion with dealer, based on VIN# he says vehicle is Aug/2012, 7th digit is month, 9th is year & 10th is model-year.

If you are convinced about the manufacture date , no problem, otherwise follow the RTI, cost less than 100 Rs. Form 22 reveals every thing.

Do not try to remove the fibers from the filter,fibers are OE of the filter.They were not trying to built up a flat there, but just trying to sharpen the teeth , it is their natural need and habit.

If you are convinced about all other things, (wiring, suspected TD car issue), then ask the dealer to replace the filter at his cost as you had complained about it on the D-day.

Do not forget to gift the dealer this wonderful thing.
You can also tie it side the bonnet to a strong wire or nut bolt with the help of a string or several round s of cello tape.

Attachments

Top Bottom