Malpractices By Maruti's Dealers

Thread Starter #1
I am referring to the booking of in-demand models like Swift & Dzire.. I am completely dissatisfied with the way booking of vehicles is handled by the Maruti dealerships.

- The booking priority list is maintained by individual dealerships. There is no transperancy in the priority lists maintained by the dealers. Dealers can deliver to anybody by charging illegal premium amount and can withhold anybody's booking. Inter-dealer transfer of bookings is not possible and inter-branch transfer of same dealership is not entertained.

- Bookings should be handled centrally in an impartial manner by Maruti and advice for delivery should be given by Maruti to its dealers based on the vehicles being supplied to the respective dealers.

- The booking amount ranging between Rs. 10000 to Rs. 40000 for each vehicle's booking is used by dealer as a interest-free loan for months as a working capital. At any given time, if a dealer has 100 bookings with average 20,000 deposit for each booking that means dealer has Rs. 20 Lakhs of interest free amount. The dealers should pay appropriate interest to the customers.

- Dealers charge a penalty ranging between Rs. 250 to Rs. 1000 if you cancel your booking which is again unfair.

What are your views on the above issues..

I booked a Dzire LDI in August and was verbally promised delivery in October but they kept delaying it and now they are asking to either upgrade to Dzire VDI or buy other models like Swift or Ritz...

I think the points you have raised are not new and already being known to everyone. They are the market leader and will try bending customers in the way they want. [anger]

My suggestion. Take it or leave it. Opt for the sx4 or the fiat linea.
If you are looking for swift then you could look for similar alternatives too.

in mahindra for scorpio/xylo/quanto the booking charge is 20000 and for xuv its 40000
and that amount will be add when you are paying the amount for your vehicle rite?
but yes they will reduce 2000to 5000 for cancellation of booking

This is one area where I really appreciate TOYOTA. I booked my Etios with a booking amount of 50,000. If I was to cancel the booking then I would have been paid my 50000 back with 4% interest for that period. Now, obviously, I didn't cancel the booking and when I paid the full amount for my car, the interest component on the booking amount was adjusted in the total payment.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #7
I was extremely dissatisfied because I visited the showroom and found that a car was being delivered to a customer who had booked it much later then me. Its not just the govt but even the pvt. sector is corrupt in India :(

My suggestion to everyone is to avoid buying Maruti cars from DD Motors, Wazirpur, Delhi

I was extremely dissatisfied because I visited the showroom and found that a car was being delivered to a customer who had booked it much later then me. Its not just the govt but even the pvt. sector is corrupt in India :(

My suggestion to everyone is to avoid buying Maruti cars from DD Motors, Wazirpur, Delhi
bobb

This looks to be very unfair and unfortunate too !!

Talk to the head of dealership or owner and threaten them that you will write to Maruti HQ. Do not show any mercy for such people[anger]

Thread Starter #10
I had complained to the Regional Manager of Maruti. He apologised in a one liner reply and designated a colleague to look into the issue. The colleague never got back to me.

The delaer kept sending his clarifications... unfortunately these ppl make all the false promises verbally :(

I had complained to the Regional Manager of Maruti. He apologised in a one liner reply and designated a colleague to look into the issue. The colleague never got back to me.
The delaer kept sending his clarifications... unfortunately these ppl make all the false promises verbally :(
There is a booking form in which the dealer writes expected date of delivery. Did you fill any such column while booking your car?

Top Bottom