Suggestions in Buying a New Premium Car Upto Rs.26 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
I am back to where it started.I thought,let me break my head for sometime and then start testing patience of my friends and fellow members from TAI and it is time now as my head is like merry go round now and so suggestions will gear up to the best.
My list:
1.Toyota corolla
2. cruze
3.fortuner.

I am aware they are from different segments but still..I have just listed in terms of my liking.

About other options: No vw,skoda,tata ,mahindra as the reasons are obvious with each brand's history.VW is the only one here with good history but sure high maintenance and I would not go for anything except Jetta if am going to VW and still had a feel inside Jetta front seats,not my type as am a lover of space and detailing.
So that leaves options with Toyota , Hyundai , chevy.
I was a great lover with New sonata even before its launch but a recent long travel in fluidic verna I understood how fluidic it is and I understood with some reviews and owner opinions that the suspension and steering are the same thru out all fluidics.Even if am going for sonata,I need a diesel engine and hyundai is run out.

I have tried cruze TD and was not impressed with the drivers cabin space or the back seats so for now just keep in the list for looks and performance.

I have travelled in corolla recently (long trip) and I was able to feel the difference as with hyundai and it was a super lullaby but only thing the seats were low for me.I have not driven it yet and heard at many sources its not a drivers car.so just wait list

Fortuner-top in list for now.

-what do i need,am sure you want to know- so it is like a reliable self driven car,reliable service,low maintenance,big on space,driver seating position should not be too low like that in a civic,should seat min 5,comfort in driving and travel.I need something best and which also got a respect for what you own.

My budget upto 26L(I mean on road) that is the limit of fortuner 2wd and I also had a thought over camry but will not spend that much on a petrol one.So now lets start it from here..What do you think guys

Well buddy looking at your requirements and choices i will say go for the Fortuner. Since you have already taken out almost all the manufacturers from your list[:)] which is good as you won't get confused like many.

Also i would say that if you like Jetta and do not want to go for it because of space then why don't you try Passat. The new Passat's are really nice and looks pretty cool too.

You did not mention Ford in your list, so what about the Endeavour??

Also i would say that if you like Jetta and do not want to go for it because of space then why don't you try Passat. The new Passat's are really nice and looks pretty cool too.
+1 to that. also please keep Cruze on your list till the last moment.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
@singh Endeavour I had TD,Did not like the driver view and as a passenger it was too shaking inside,third row seating was like sitting on floor.Ya passat is an good option but not sure about its behaviour or reliability and also in the past one year I had seen just 2 or 3 passats in chennai.Anyway even if am going for it,I could not go further the basic model keeping my limit in mind.
@kannan Coming to the captiva and cruze,I had a TD before and the TD vehicle was pathetic on both with loud noise and shaking.Cruze was ok with refinement but it is still a mid segment car with what it offers in space but the cost of it is on the high side.I am not a person whose too much inclined on speed or engine power as my drive will be mostly city and occasional highway and all I need is a comfortable luxury car.Compared to cruze I would go for corolla for the space and comfort it gives.Again the same thing with captiva,I would go for fortuner.It is not am inclined towards toyota it is simply the check points like reliability,space,comfort comparison between the two.

Well I have dismissed most of the dealers considering the history of car from each dealers.With skoda I had in mind superb but it was scary reading out reviews of its owners and also the que up for service at skoda.VW-jetta the front seats were not that impressive for me though I dont have any idea of its performance,issues etc. I am nearly 5-11 so I cannot cramp and sit down or drive.Hyundai- the designs are good but the drive is not going to favour in any of the fluidics,sonata was a choice for me but it asks me 26 and odd Lakhs and offers a petrol engine.With its soft suspension it is sure not going to give confidence or comfort on long drives and it will be difficult with bad steering considering its length,its may be a show off luxury city car but again for Hyundai me giving 26 L is a big no as I have an I10 and does know the quality.

So for now my only first choice is Fortuner but still just getting inputs across all cars on the luxury segment from our members so a better choice can be made

Any idea of looking into Nissan X-trail?? I guess you can get its top end variant though its outdated model.

Thread Starter #8
@marun Nissan x is not of my choice never knew when they wld launch a revised version as well.
@xovy Hey xovy how u,,yea all the three you have given are out of my selection as though I can afford buying it,am not yet happy to maintain their expense and bills may be heavy on my pocket,I will cry xovy!Fortuner is a safe choice but just evaluating for now.My mind jumping between fortuner-cruze-corrola-camry-sonata.This time i have kept my heart in silent mode and purely using my mind to work on it

@xovy Hey xovy how u,,
Thanks buddy,your Xovy is just about doing fine.Recently Xovy got Storme'd',lets see what the future holds.[:)]

yea all the three you have given are out of my selection as though I can afford buying it,am not yet happy to maintain their expense and bills may be heavy on my pocket,I will cry xovy!
All right,I only suggested PS,Bimmer and Merc for the snob value.If you feel that the maintenance would be high then no need to buy them.

Fortuner is a safe choice but just evaluating for now.My mind jumping between fortuner-cruze-corrola-camry-sonata.This time i have kept my heart in silent mode and purely using my mind to work on it
Yes that's correct.Fortuner is indeed the best/safest choice.

However are you open to petrol cars.If yes then what about the Hondas: CR-V or Accord.

Thread Starter #10
@xovy what do you mean by stormed?u going to buy the storme?.Honda CR-V too much expensive for me and yea accord is yet another good choice but my personal opinion on looks for self driving camry looked more elegant and also I dont know much about accord or honda service I did not think much about it

@singh Endeavour I had TD,Did not like the driver view and as a passenger it was too shaking inside,third row seating was like sitting on floor.Ya passat is an good option but not sure about its behaviour or reliability and also in the past one year I had seen just 2 or 3 passats in chennai.Anyway even if am going for it,I could not go further the basic model keeping my limit in mind.
Well than the best choice would be to go with the Fortuner.

It definitely is a amazing SUV with very good road presence and a lot of power and looks great.

@Karthikramu:

If you are happy with a petrol car then my recommendation is NEW CAMRY. After sitting in the car and a short(I mean short) TD I have lost my heart on this car. It is more comfortable than even Superb and offers the best of all worlds too.

Second recommendation will be VW Jetta if you wanna get something good at 20 lac itself.This car is just perfect.

Corolla is also great, simply no nonsense car and is keeping me very very happy as an owner. I strongly recommend this car only if you can live with a performance which is a segment or two below what you are paying for.

In terms of SUV, only one name-TOYOTA FORTUNER...nothing comes close.Pajero Sport is also okay, but still it has a lot to be desired.

Thread Starter #13
@singh @TSI Yea I have kept it open for fortuner and have to check on camry with TD and other things.About fortuner is it somewhat expensive to maintain,say after the end of warranty or in case of any failure after warranty.I need a vehicle kind of long run and run and run and just be intact and keep my pocket safe

Top Bottom