Suggest Me a Car for 7 - 8 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Hello! I am new in this community.

I log here to discuss about sedan car that i want to purchase. My budget is 7-8 lacs and I prefer petrol car for easy maintenance and less use. I considered Nissan Sunny XE and Hyundai Verna 1.4L petrol as my preference but want to discuss more about these cars and other you think would be better in my budget.
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Suggest me a Car for 7-8 Lacs

Please test drive skoda rapid and honda city,i am sure u will be amazed.

Nissan service network is a big problem here in india.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

You can get 1.6 hyundai verna vtvt for 87000. And i'll say extend your budget and buy 1.6 ex version.

Hi Eddy,

Welcome to TAI, if you could post your query in the format given in the link here it would be much easier for the Gurus here to help you out for the best Sedan according to your need. [:D]

Hi Eddy,

Welcome to TAI and my suggestion is to go for Honda City Corporate Edition.It is in your budget and it is hassle free and better than Verna in ride and handling quality.

@Eddy:
You need a sedan in 7-8 lacs.

Okay,so you need a petrol car.
If ride and handling and driving pleasure is what you want then look nowhere aelse and reach your nearest Ford dealer and get a Ford Fiesta CLASSIC 1.6 Titanium[clap] for you.
The car will perfectly fit in your budget and is one hell iof a mind blowing car to drive.

To know more about this car,take a look at the 350Z's car:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-fiesta-classic-1-6-sxi-ownership-review.html

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Thanks to all for welcoming me. :)

@Eddy:
You need a sedan in 7-8 lacs.

Okay,so you need a petrol car.
If ride and handling and driving pleasure is what you want then look nowhere aelse and reach your nearest Ford dealer and get a Ford Fiesta CLASSIC 1.6 Titanium[clap] for you.
The car will perfectly fit in your budget and is one hell iof a mind blowing car to drive.

To know more about this car,take a look at the 350Z's car:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-fiesta-classic-1-6-sxi-ownership-review.html
Sorry I didn't like ford fiesta. It looks like an old car specially the design is quite old school and the milegae looks so so.

> Your Budget: Rs. 7 – 8 Lakh

> New or Used: New Car

> Your Location: Agra, Uttar Pradesh

> Top Five Priorities: Mileage, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Build Quality

> Monthly Running: About 500-1000 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Normal City Drive and Occasional Highway Trips

> Seating Capacity: 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: Sedan

Please test drive skoda rapid and honda city,i am sure u will be amazed.

Nissan service network is a big problem here in india.
As I can see skoda rapid petrol version is having below average mileage. Do you still think it is good car? And I listen Honda is going to launch all new honda city next year, is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:

With the given budget i would say look for the following cars:
1. Honda City Corporate
2. Volkswagen Vento Trendline - Petrol
3. Hyundai Verna VTVT Ex (If you can extend you budget a little bit).

If you're keeping a driver; Nissan Sunny/Renault Scala, Tata Manza, Mahindra Verito.
Self Driven: Skoda Rapid, Fiat Linea, VW Vento, Ford Classic.

Linea tjet is fantastic car.
With excellent driving dynamics and awesome ride quality. You would would be able to get it in your budget if negotiated . mileage is at par with honda city and feature loaded than any car in the segment.

Go for Hyundai Verna 1.6 or 1.4 or Honda city.
It depends on your choice.TD both cars and select the one which you like
Do tell more about you needs. If you want a car for pure city commute go for Hyundai with 1.4 & if going on highways then Honda city or Hyundai 1.6

Last edited:

I would say Honda City Corporate Edition would be the best pick in the price category you are looking at. Do have a glance at Dzire ZXi and SX4 which would be the most sensible choices.

As I can see skoda rapid petrol version is having below average mileage. Do you still think it is good car? And I listen Honda is going to launch all new honda city next year, is that true?
Yea skoda may give little less mileage compare to honda city.
I also heard the same about new launch but i dont think it will come before 1st quater of 2014.
Honda city will be the ideal choice here as it gives maximum mileage in this category along with totaly hasslefree ownership.
You can go with corporate version as some other members also suggested.it will fall easily in your budget.

Thread Starter #15

As I written in my requirement I need a car with easy and cheap maintenance that lacks in brands like ford and fiet. I am not sure about demerits of nissan sunny please help by explaining that.
Other choices are hyundai verna 1.4L and honda city corporate. Tell me what makes corporate model so cheaper than other models?

Top Bottom