Just became the part of this informative & helpful forum today. Planning to buy a new car, found the information & reviews very useful, could'nt resist myself to ask for an advice from the experts/users.
My need: The best petrol hatchback in around 6 lac range- On road(could stretch upto 6.5 at a max)
City: Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh)
THe shortlisting procedure:
1. My average monthly running would be 600-800 KM( 70%-City, 30%-Highway), hence found petrol as my best alternative. Hope I am correct !!!
2. After looking at my finances, fixed a max cap of 6 Lac (Can go upto 6.5 Lac if it is worth)
3. Nuclear family of 3 (currently)
4. Currently owning a Bike, This would be my first CAR. (Driving still not that refined).
5. Would be availing loan with 30% Down payment
6. Basic needs include: A decent sized Hatchback with nice Fuel Economy(not necessay be the best in class), Good safety features, Low after sales service & spares.
7. Based on my own views had narrowed down on the following(not necessarily on the above mentioned parameters, prices mentioned are general onroad pricing without negotiations)
A. New i20 Sportz- 6.25L
B. Swift Zxi- 6.25L
C. Fiat Punto 1.2 Fire Dynamic- 5.8L
D. Nissan Micra XV- 6.1L
E. Volkswagen Polo Comfortline 1.2L- 5.85L
Two of my favs are not in the list, Honda Jazz is beyond budget, Skoda Fabia has no dealership in Lucknow
Also Polo Comfortline has the least features amond all other models specified, not totally convinced on Polo
This leaves me with only four choices: i20 Sportz, Swift ZXi, Micra XV & Punto 1.2 Dynamic.
Request all Experts/Users to kindly help me get the best first car