Diesel Sedan At a Budget of Around Rs.7 To 8 Lakhs (Max)

Thread Starter #1
Thinking of looking for a nice diesel sedan with the following features:

1. Comfortable seats with leg room in front and back (we are all quite large sized in our family).
2. Mileage of around 16 km/litre in city drive and more outside.
3. Cost around 7 to 8 lakhs on road.
4. Has good solid wheel base and comfortable for long distance travel (must do at least 100 km/hr with stability and not have shudder/jitter)
5. Not much engine noise after the running in period.
6. Comes with reasonable tinted glass factory made.

Does any car in the present market fit this price tag? I am not a particular fan of Maruti, but willing to consider as last option. Tata also is considered but engine noise is a factor, so Tata might not be ideal.

Any other choices?

Last edited:
Re: Diesel sedan at a budget of around 7 to 8 lakhs (max)

Dezire is the best bet under 8 lacs [:)]
If u can strect upto 9 lacs then go for Sunny Diesel [:D]

Ford fiesta classic , mahindra verito , tata manza .
If you want space ,comfort - manza
If you want sporty drive - fiesta classic .
If you want no nonsense work horse- verito .
My pick ford fiesta.

Have a test drive of Manza, Etios, Verito and Fiesta Classic. Space wise best options would be Manza and Verito as both have lots of space both at front an back too. Etios too is a damn spacious car and the diesel one is torquey enough for both city and highways. First have a TD of all these and then jot down the +ves and -ves of each one.

freakdude.

Tata Manza fits in with your preferences as mentioned here.

Test drive one and check yourselves.

It has an almost silent engine and cabin is free from noices.

Infact you will be surprised to see that Tata Manza is one of the most silent cars in its segment.

Its stable in a highway drive and has comfortable front and back seats with ample space.

Other option is Verito.

Swift Dezire loses out on space and comfort.
Ford Fiesta Classic loses out on space. Fiesta is more of a driver's delight and less of a family car.
Toyota Etios loses out on engine noice, poor interiors and visible cost cutting.

Factory fitted tinted glass may not be possible as a standard option in this segment. Some cars may come with a little bit of tint (eg: say 10 - 15% in Manza)

Last edited:
I would suggest you to TD the Classic Fiesta and the Tata Manza since both the cars are really good and VFM. Manza wins when it comes to space and current TATA cars are that noisy as they used to be few years back. Whereas Classic Fiesta is more of a drivers car.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks, all. I was seriously considering Ford Fiesta as an option. I will also take a look at Tata Manza, since we have a relationship with Concorde motors, having owned an Indica in the past and currently owning a Fiat Palio which was bought through concorde motors. I will also consider Verito...

For ample space and milage at the best price i would vote for manza. The only let down is interior plastics , except that everything is fine. My uncle own one and i drive it half of the time.
In addition to the sheduled service in the 2 years of owner ship , it did paid visit to service station only for minor niggles (thrice) and 4 th one for a paint touch up.

Thinking of looking for a nice diesel sedan with the following features:

1. Comfortable seats with leg room in front and back (we are all quite large sized in our family).
2. Mileage of around 16 km/litre in city drive and more outside.
3. Cost around 7 to 8 lakhs on road.
4. Has good solid wheel base and comfortable for long distance travel (must do at least 100 km/hr with stability and not have shudder/jitter)
5. Not much engine noise after the running in period.
6. Comes with reasonable tinted glass factory made.

Does any car in the present market fit this price tag? I am not a particular fan of Maruti, but willing to consider as last option. Tata also is considered but engine noise is a factor, so Tata might not be ideal.

Any other choices?

Engine noise is very less in Manza and it's may be the only one to tick all the boxes, specially point no. 1.

I would also vote for Manza for your requirement. It is really good in all the aspects you have mentioned. But be wise to choose a good TATA service after you buy this[:)]

Apart from this, Fiesta classic is good, but will not offer you the space you are looking, but it is a proven horse. At times it may look to you that it is dated being in the market for quite few years !!

Also check the new Verito as the reports were good and the modified looks very good to me, though I did not drive one so far, so it is purely depends on your TD of this.

@Vaibhav, Yes, Dezire is a good car and VFM too, but it cannot offer such space like Manza and some people really do not treat that as a sedan[;)]

Classic and daire both looses out on the space front, your best bet would be Manza once you take a TD of Manza you will understand your misconception about the engine noise.also do check Verito

@Vaibhav, Yes, Dezire is a good car and VFM too, but it cannot offer such space like Manza and some people really do not treat that as a sedan[;)]
Gurrula ji i know who are those people [anger]. Dezire is more reliable than manza thats why it sells 5x times [clap]

Gurrula ji i know who are those people [anger]. Dezire is more reliable than manza thats why it sells 5x times [clap]
Vaibhav dezire is no doubt a great car but have you seen the OP requirements ?
First he is not a big fan of maruti ,then he wants spaces and good leg room now if you will go and seat in manza you will understand why every 1 are suggesting the manza .
Now if you want a drivers car which has top class handling fiesta classic takes the cake no 2 questions about it .
If you see nobody is suggesting gods own brand Toyota etios why .? Because though it has acres space it has very high noise levels which the OP is not ready to compromise. .

Raja
I want him to buy Sunny Diesel . Instead of these cars at 8 lacs.
It is best to add 1 lac more and buy the Sunny Diesel [;)]

Top Bottom