Looking for a Petrol Sedan!

Thread Starter #1
I am in a bit of dilemma over buying a petrol sedan.
Cars that I have shortlisted are:
1. ANHC CE
2. Linea 2012 (no T-Jet)
2. SX4 Petrol
4. New Ford Fiesta Petrol
5. Vento Petrol
6. Rapid Petrol
7. Fluidic Verna Petrol

I am looking for driving pleasure. I know, T-Jet is the best one but it is out of my budget. ANHC is undoubtedly the best bet but with the current sales figures, is there a newer version on cards? Honda is not known to change its design cycle so frequently, but could lower sales make them do the same? Also, the GC of ANHC lowers considerably with 5 on-board. This is a nightmare on Indian roads. Is this GC issue addressed in ANHC 2012?

After Sales Service have improved a lot now and they are also trying to set up their own dealership and service centres. See I am not here to favor FIAT, but your prime requirement is Driving Pleasure that's the reason I am suggesting T-Jet for you.

I would agree with Dharmesh, Fiat T-Jet is the best bet for you even though if it make's you stretch your budget by a little margin, it's worth every penny once you drive this car you will start swearing by it.

With Petrol Sedan, you will have lot of opportunities to bargain whatever you choose. T-jet is a gem however resale value is low for FIAT when compared to other brand.
Don't think ANHC will have a upgrade so soon as the refresh was just last year. Another good engine (iVTEC) and people who have driven a Honda rarely shift to other brands.

If you are looking for driving pleasure, I would list your choices as:
1) Linea T-Jet
2) ANHC
3) Fiesta 1.6

The rest are very similar in my opinion.

One sentence:

'Close your eyes and go for the City.'
+100 I will place my bet on Honda city t- jet is great but only in online forums real world people car less for it , resale value also depends on the perception the market in general has and the city has it more then t-jet so whenever you want to sell it it will be sold fast and will fetch better resale value relatively .

Since you are looking for "Driving Pleasure" so are picking petrols. But if you could have driving pleasure along with better FE then??

May I suggest Optra Magnum diesel. It has amazing torque and pure raw power that's gonna put a mile-wide grin on your face every time you'd take it out. Being a low selling model you can try negotiating for big discounts. Believe me buddy Magnum would smoke all the choices you have listed, easily!! [evil]

freakdude.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Just cut verna's name from the list and go for honda city. You can get the basic honda city L model at some 8.50.000 rupees on road.

Honda city is the best car. Don't see what you are getting extra at 8.50000 in other cars see the overall quality.

I would recommend two cars

1. City.
2. Ford Classic.

City will be of a great class to drive with best fit and finish with excellent interiors. Ford Classic is great to drive excellent steering response at high an low speed along with nice suspensions. I guess with the new pricing of Ford classic you can also get it with airbags & ABS which is very much important.

jango

Since you are looking for "Driving Pleasure" so are picking petrols. But if you could have driving pleasure along with better FE then??

May I suggest Optra Magnum diesel. It has amazing torque and pure raw power that's gonna put a mile-wide grin on your face every time you'd take it out. Being a low selling model you can try negotiating for big discounts. Believe me buddy Magnum would smoke all the choices you have listed, easily!! [evil]

freakdude.
Actually it's a good suggestion but by September the car will be phased out [anger].

Just cut verna's name from the list and go for honda city. You can get the basic honda city L model at some 8.50.000 rupees on road.

Honda city is the best car. Don't see what you are getting extra at 8.50000 in other cars see the overall quality.
+100 And reliability ,rev happy engine and not so difficult to maintain .

Top Bottom