Buying a Skoda Rapid

Thread Starter #1
Planning to buy one Skoda Rapid .
Confused between Petrol and Diesel Variant.
Dealers promoting Diesel and says its engine performance is better than petrol variant . Even it runs 600 km per month including long drives . And during idle time starting the engine only for few minutes is sufficient twice a month .
Price difference is not a concern , I am concerned with only engine performance and the smooth running even after long idle period.
I am confused . Please help .
Niladri

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
so how much idle time we are talking about ?

if your monthly running is 600 , you should go or the petrol. diesel needs to be maintained well and if not you'll lose the fun.

i think you should go for the petrol variant.

Petrol is the way to go friend. 600KMs per month and lot of Idle time. Your need is for petrol car. Don't go blindly after diesel. And as you are saying 600KMs including long drives so there might be case that in some months you may not go for long drives so that times it would be only 400-500KMs per month.

My freind has a rapid petrol and it's smooth to drive like butter so dont worry on the engine part . Like all said since your daily Kms is much less opt for the petrol one .

Planning to buy one Skoda Rapid .
Confused between Petrol and Diesel Variant.
Dealers promoting Diesel and says its engine performance is better than petrol variant . Even it runs 600 km per month including long drives . And during idle time starting the engine only for few minutes is sufficient twice a month .
Price difference is not a concern , I am concerned with only engine performance and the smooth running even after long idle period.
I am confused . Please help .
Niladri
I would strongly recommend the Petrol for your usage. I currently own Rapid Diesel and believe me it is a fatastic product from Skoda.

Welcome to TAI, don't listen the showroom guy's they just want to promote Diesel cos their margin is higher on Diesel Variant,for your kind of usage you should look no further than the Petrol Variant

If your monthly running is around 600 kms. Than you should definitely go for the petrol. And Rapid is a nice car with great looks, decent space and features as well.

Thread Starter #9
Skoda rapid Petrol or Diesel

Dear friends thanks for your quick reply

I re calculated the monthly usage . It will be 400 km for few months , 900 km for few and rarely 1200 km for one or may be for two months.
Whats your reply ?

Niladri

Petrol is the way to go.

BTW,why not Honda City if you are going to buy a petrol car?Its simply the best.
Exactly my words, "Why not a Honda City"? And, and if you are looking for a car high on performance, why not give the Fiat T-Jet a try?

Also, don't go after the general perception whether to buy x-car (Rapid in your case) in Petrol or Diesel. Do keep in mind, that by changing the engine and the fuel it uses changes the whole character of the car.

If economies are to be left aside, a Petrol Swift/Rapid/etc and Diesel Swift/Rapid/etc are two VERY different cars but have same interiors and exteriors. What I'm trying to say is, the junta generally decides on a car then thinks which would be better a Petrol or a Diesel on the basis of mileage covered in a month. What they don't realize is the different engines are NOT same on performance, not even near similar or slightly similar. Their acceleration figures, weight, torque and power figures, exhaust figures are all so different, and hence two different cars.

If money is not a constraint for you, and you want a smooth running high on performance mill, go a for a petrol one and not (only) because your running is 600-700 odd Kms.

On the contrary, there are those city speed freaks who like the punch in Diesel engines like the one in Swift/Punto etc and buy a Diesel Swift not because of the subsidy one would enjoy on Diesel but for the punchy nature of the Diesel motor.

Ponder on it and go for one that you like and brings a smile on your face.

You need a petrol car according to your running. 600 KMs can become 800 KMs later on but cannot become 1600 KMs. It is not that money is not a problem or in other words, you can invest that left over amount (Petrol over Diesel) on ICE upgrade as Skoda's ICE is not feature full. Think from that angle also.

Do some calculations and test drive only petrol varient. I am confident that you will like it.

All the best.

Re: Skoda rapid Petrol or Diesel

Dear friends thanks for your quick reply

I re calculated the monthly usage . It will be 400 km for few months , 900 km for few and rarely 1200 km for one or may be for two months.
Whats your reply ?

Niladri
Pls do not consider Diesel as your option unless you have at least 1500 to 1700 Kms per month.

Top Bottom