Suggestion Required for a New Car for Dad

Thread Starter #1
Hi fellows,

I need your help regarding purchase of a new vehicle for my Dad. Few requirements as per the thread rules are given below. My very first confusion is PETROL OR DIESEL?

> Budget: (Rs.4 – 5 Lakh)

> New: (New Car)

> Location: (Jammu (J&K), India)

> Top Five Priorities: (Power Steering, Power Windows (at-least front), Safety, Comfort, Good Mileage, Low Maintenance, Luggage Space)

> Monthly Running: (Between 500- 1,000 Kms)

> Type of Fuel:
(CONFUSION)

> For What Purpose: (Regular Use, Highway Trips (350KMs+)once in two months)

> Seating Capacity: (At-least 5 Adults)

> Type of Segment: (Family Car Prefably)

Suggestions are also welcome.

Hi TheLibran,

First, taking your budget and monthly usage into concern, petrol could be a wise option.

Used cars may get you some nice deals. Since that's not in your criteria, you shall check out options available right now.

1.Hyundai i10 Magna 1.2
2.Maruti Wagon R - trusted one.
3.Toyota Liva - Not sure about the models but can tell you very relaible.
4.Maruti Ritz - again nothing to say more. Go for it if you like.

Thread Starter #3
Hi Marun,

Thats what the main confusion is. Though monthly the car wont be run that much but once in two months it will surely do a round trip of 1000 Kms; this is adding to confusion between Petrol and Diesel.
Dad is also keen on Wagon R but when it comes to the fuel type, the confusion rises.

We have checked Beat TCDi, Ritz VDi, Swift VDi for Diesel and Wagon R, Alto K10, Beat Petrol, Estilo VDi for petrol till now.

Thread Starter #6
Can some of you throw some light on Indigo variants. Am totally confused on its variants (never checked Tata cars). Heard it will also fit in budget witha diesel variant. Request if someone can share pricelist and brochure.

hai friend
i want to suggest you cars such as
if petrol you can take
-hyundai i10
-maruti wagonR
-tata indica [petrol]

if diesel you can take
-ford figo [trusted one]

Can some of you throw some light on Indigo variants. Am totally confused on its variants (never checked Tata cars). Heard it will also fit in budget witha diesel variant. Request if someone can share pricelist and brochure.
Indigo comes in two variant's:
Indigo CS: which is nothing but the old Indigo with chopped Boot
Manza : which is the latest gen with our National Engine under the hood and currently no other car's come close to the VFM quotient which this car provide.

Jsut read this wonderful ownership report to learn more about the car

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...bs-qjet-truly-breed-apart-now-23-000-kms.html

Thread Starter #9
Thanks friends for valuable inputs.
@visran: Nice thread. Will use the info when i finalize the car.

Request all of you to pour in more info/details on my requirements.

Given that location is JK and Maruti is everywhere, Wagon R looks like a better bet - duo with petrol and CNG.

If you have Chevy dealer in JK area, then Beat Diesel is a good bet.

Considering your monthly run petrol car will do the job for you.If you could extend your budget by 1 lakhs you can try the Honda Jazz base which would be a good choice.
If you are not ready to extend your budget, and want to stick with the honda badge Brio is another choice.

Thread Starter #12
Update friends, After a lot of discussions and confusions. Lots of test rides booked a petrol car...any guesses for which one?...will reveal that tomorrow :P

Top Bottom