Help Needed To Buy a New/Used car for a Budget of 10 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am looking to buy a new/used car in a budget of 7-10 lakhs.The car will driven for about 50 km daily,most of which would be on the highway.So,definitely need a car with great highway manners.Also,if I buy an used car,say Laura or cruze please do post the annual running costs(including service charges and insurance).I am very confused between premium hatchbacks or used sedans(used sedan seems a lot more vfm as someone else will be taking the depreciation hit[clap].

Budget-10 lakhs max
Fuel type-diesel
Body type-sedan/hatchback(in order of preference)
New/used-In a dilemma
Location-Hyderabad
Top 5 priorities-safety,design,low maintenance, good FE,handling.
Monthly running-1000-1250 KM
For what purpose-regular use
Seating capacity-2 or 3 people at the max.

Suggestions please...[confused]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So your's main prefernce is highway driving so don't think of verna diesel , it becomes really bouncy at highway speeds.

If you have that much budget take a new car. If i were you i'd do the same.

What about swift ? Do you like it ? You can easily get the top end vdi model.

Many people says that tata manza is also good but i won't buy any tata product. According to me not reliable.

If you mainly drive on highways why not to consider PUNTO. And also meets your priorities.

1. Safety : Yes
  2. Design : Ofcourse
  3. Low maintenance : Yes
  4. Good FE : Yes
  5. Handling : Ofcourse.

Other car I could think of is Volkswagen Vento Trendline or FIAT Linea Active/Dynamic which you could buy in your budget, but being the base model you will not get many features.

nv

The kind of budget you told, first thing to freeze on used or new one. I suggest you to look at new vehicle only. Now comes which one ?? My suggestion would be as below

Sedan
1. Ford fiesta classic - Proven car in all aspects
2. TATA Manza - Very good car, except if you have any reservations for TATA and be careful with its ASS as you need to select a good Tata service center
3. Swift Dzire - Just no non-sense and reliable car, but It never looks like a complete sedan
4. Toyota Etios - Reliable product, but interiors are really cheap
5. Fiat Linea - Beautiful car, but check again for maintenance and ASS issues. It might be good now a days as Fiat opened a dedicated showroom and service center, Tejaswini motors.
6. Nissan Sunny - New product and ASS to be checked. I like the looks.
7. VW vento, Skoda Rapid are good but, budget may be problem here

Hatchback
1. Punto - Very good car, check on the ASS and spare parts
2. Swift - Everything is known to everybody
3. Skoda Fabia - A very good car, check on the service and spares, I hope they are improved now a days
4. Ritz - I own it and no problem car. Features are minimum, on highway people complain about bumpyness and body roll.
5. Vista - Very good car, again TATA badge and service issues
6. Polo - Pricing looks high, but car seems to be good
7. Etios Liva - Looks are odd, interiors are not good, but Toyota car !!
8. I20 - Very good car especially on highway, but steering rattle repored, high maintenance cost of Hyundai and bit low mileage

On above all My personal suggestion would be, if you look at sedan it is better to go with
Fiesta classic or Swift Dzire. If it is hatch back, then my vote will be for Punto or Skoda Fabia.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I am looking to buy a new/used car in a budget of 7-10 lakhs.The car will driven for about 50 km daily,most of which would be on the highway.So,definitely need a car with great highway manners.Also,if I buy an used car,say Laura or cruze please do post the annual running costs(including service charges and insurance).I am very confused between premium hatchbacks or used sedans(used sedan seems a lot more vfm as someone else will be taking the depreciation hit[clap].

Budget-10 lakhs max
Fuel type-diesel
Body type-sedan/hatchback(in order of preference)
New/used-In a dilemma
Location-Hyderabad
Top 5 priorities-safety,design,low maintenance, good FE,handling.
Monthly running-1000-1250 KM
For what purpose-regular use
Seating capacity-2 or 3 people at the max.

Suggestions please...
If new then go for Rapid/Vento.

Rest my suggestion will be to go by used car way.For 9-10 lacs you can easily get a well maintained Cruze or Laura and if you need ride and handling then strictly Laura is the car to go for.

Yes i would suggest you the same. With this price range if you are looking for new cars then i would say:
1. Vento
2. Rapid
3. Verna
4. Sunny

And if you looking for second hand try to find a good Laura.

You should look for a new one in my opinion. And as others suggested have a look on Vento and Rapid.

As you say max 3 ppl are going to be in, you can also have a look at Ford Classic. A VFM car.

nv

The kind of budget you told, first thing to freeze on used or new one. I suggest you to look at new vehicle only. Now comes which one ?? My suggestion would be as below

Sedan
1. Ford fiesta classic - Proven car in all aspects
2. TATA Manza - Very good car, except if you have any reservations for TATA and be careful with its ASS as you need to select a good Tata service center
3. Swift Dzire - Just no non-sense and reliable car, but It never looks like a complete sedan
4. Toyota Etios - Reliable product, but interiors are really cheap
5. Fiat Linea - Beautiful car, but check again for maintenance and ASS issues. It might be good now a days as Fiat opened a dedicated showroom and service center, Tejaswini motors.
6. Nissan Sunny - New product and ASS to be checked. I like the looks.
7. VW vento, Skoda Rapid are good but, budget may be problem here

Hatchback
1. Punto - Very good car, check on the ASS and spare parts
2. Swift - Everything is known to everybody
3. Skoda Fabia - A very good car, check on the service and spares, I hope they are improved now a days
4. Ritz - I own it and no problem car. Features are minimum, on highway people complain about bumpyness and body roll.
5. Vista - Very good car, again TATA badge and service issues
6. Polo - Pricing looks high, but car seems to be good
7. Etios Liva - Looks are odd, interiors are not good, but Toyota car !!
8. I20 - Very good car especially on highway, but steering rattle repored, high maintenance cost of Hyundai and bit low mileage

On above all My personal suggestion would be, if you look at sedan it is better to go with
Fiesta classic or Swift Dzire. If it is hatch back, then my vote will be for Punto or Skoda Fabia.
+10000 superb break down .infact I was going to suggest the same but you did it with more accurate unbaised way [clap]
just I would add Nissan sunny in the list too proven work horse engine .
My list
1) fiesta classic( total vfm after price reduction )
2) linea
3) sunny
4) sx4 vdi, or cng

hai friend
you can take cars such as

- ford fiesta classic
- fiat linea
- maruti sx4
- nissan sunny
- toyota etios

as your budget is around 10 lacs my personal suggestion for you is to buy only sedan

Welcome to TAI buddy, for your requirement's look no Further than the Linea as it is one of the best handling car's you can by at sub10L

@Raja
Thank you for your comments. I feel we all have our favorites, but most of the times I have seen that people own something else than their favorites due to budget reasons, waiting periods and it happened to me. But when we give our analysis we should be sincere enough to pass on all the good and bad information about product and finally the reader will decide what he wants. I always oppose influencing some body to buy a product we own !!

I have listed Sunny and I think I missed out the SX4 which you have included

@Vipul

Your new avatar is interesting man !!

Welcome to TAI buddy, for your requirement's look no Further than the Linea as it is one of the best handling car's you can by at sub10L
@Visran ji

Please try if you can rotate your photo in Avatar by 45 deg/90 deg angle[cry] I am bending my neck again and again to see you and ending up with neck pain !![:)]

Top Bottom