Need Advice for a Diesel Hatchback

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I want to exchange my alto lx with a diesel hatchback. i am getting a good deal with vista vx quadrajet. rest manufacturers are not giving any exchange bonus. Do you suggest, i should go for TATA car? i already own a alto & polo petrol. I too have considered polo tdi, figo, ritz within my budget. I need to finalize the car in day or 2. i am sin serious confusion. please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Re: Advice For Diesel Hatachback

Well you must have had good experience with the sales of Maruti, then Swift is the way to go. Its a pure driver's car, you will love the way it handles, it's turbo (a bit linear but still fun). and the best part low cost of spares. Compare that with Figo, you get some optional features like blue tooth and a bit bigger boot space, but then compromise on the expensive spares, you can ignore Skoda Fabia out rightly, the reason is pathetic after sales. Then you got Punto, again a really good car, only the FIAT after sales is bit worrisome but it depends on the dealer and where you are located in the country.

I don't have much experience with Tata Cars hence can't comment on them. The only general feedback I used to get about tata's hatchback is that, after a period of time it can give a tough competition to a rattle snake [;)].

Polo is again a good choice, but currently the Multijet engines from FIAT ( which is being used in Maruti, Tata & Fiat ) is the best in country. Polo & Fabia has 3 cylinder engine, which again is not that bad.

Pulse and Micra, the after sales and the support network is very thin.

On a side note, most people have this thought of buying a car which is not widely seen on the roads, you know just to have that little bit of unique kinda feeling. But when you look at it with a perspective of spare parts, resale value. You will be surprised, you wont find much trouble sourcing spare parts for most widely seen cars on the roads.

Oh by the way, I own a Swift ZDI, if you want any honest feedback feel free to ask me [:)]

Re: Advice For Diesel Hatachback

Welcome to TAI i would say you should go ahead and buy Vista as it's a very good and VFM product to top it off the massive discount's will make this buy even sweeter.

Top Bottom