Help Choosing a Sedan Under 11 Lakhs: Verna, Vento or ??

Thread Starter #1
Friends,
I was about to book Fluidic Verna today, but after hearing about high speed handling and fe dropping down am so confused. Other option I have is Vento, is maintaining a Vento costly and ASS not good ?? [confused] What other cars can I check ? I can stretch my budget till 11... Looking for suggestions..

Re: Verna / Vento / ???

Hi CELICAn, Could you please list down your requirements as per the format provided on the link here. So that Gurus here would be able to help you.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Help choosing a sedan under 11 lakhs: Verna / Vento / ???

Thanks Dharmesh..

> Your Budget: (Rs.9 – 11 Lakh)

> New or Used: (New Car)

> Your Location: (Chennai, India)

> Top Five Priorities: (Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space)

> Monthly Running: (Between 800 – 1,000 Kms)

> Type of Fuel: (Diesel)

> For What Purpose: (Regular Use, Occasional Highway Trips)

> Seating Capacity: (Maximum 5 Adults)

> Type of Segment: (Sedan)

You can test drive New Fiesta as well as it's chassis is very good and it comes loaded with feature's which VW can not match.

Considering your priorities i would suggest you Maruti SX4 ZDi. The only problem with sx4 is that the design is a bit outdated. Another choice would be the new fiesta. It packs everything including cruise control.

Why not look at the Rapid?

Although there are some very good offers on Vento Tdi (free insurance + corp discount) that also make it attractive given your priorities. Annual regular service for Vento costs around 9k which is OK. That much I was paying for my i10 (2 services annually both costed around 4.5k-5k each).

I wouldnt touch new Fiesta. Its a market dud (sold only 200 odd units this month!). You never know if they'll be stocking service parts etc in future given the sales!

Last edited:

I would say go ahead with Verna. It's a nice car and meets your requirement as well. I have not heard the decreasing FE issues from any of my friends who own Verna.

And 1.6 Crdi Sx should be under your budget i guess.

Thread Starter #8

Thanks visran, Vishnu and Joslicx. I am going to TD Vento / Fiesta / Rapid / Sunny.. I think I havent set my priorities right, it should be this way instead - Safety, Comfort, Design, Low Maintenance and features. I was expecting someone to convice me on Verna, I am in love with this car .. Damn Hyundai for bad handling :P

Thanks again..

Hey I just realised you have the Duster also to ponder upon!!!

Now that is one fantastic beast and will draw more eyes than any regular sedan. Think about it if you are not so fixated upon owning a sedan only.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks friends.. I am happy to inform that have booked a Verna last week. Will get my carbon grey machine mid next month. My dad is totally into astrology, unfortunately I met with a bike accident the very day I booked my Verna, so he asked the dealer to deliver it after this Tamil month - Aadi which is considered as inauspicious here in Tamilnadu. Else the delivery was supposed to be this Friday :`(. Just waiting for this month to pass by.

Delivery within a month? I have heard verna has a long waiting list.
Also try a TD of the linea to test its dynamics too.

Thread Starter #12
yeah it is just one month, may be because the manufacturing unit is in Chennai.. Linea is a fiat product, so shouldnt be doubting on the engine. But somehow I am obsessed with Verna, without giving much thoughts on the CONS area blindly booked it...

Thanks friends.. I am happy to inform that have booked a Verna last week. Will get my carbon grey machine mid next month. My dad is totally into astrology, unfortunately I met with a bike accident the very day I booked my Verna, so he asked the dealer to deliver it after this Tamil month - Aadi which is considered as inauspicious here in Tamilnadu. Else the delivery was supposed to be this Friday :`(. Just waiting for this month to pass by.
Congrats on booking the Verna. It's a really nice car and a VFM. what model did you book?

I hope you are alright and didn't get badly hurt in the accident.

Thread Starter #15
Thanks Singh, yeah was lucky to escape with scratches and a minor head injury.. :)

I booked 1.6 CRDI SX...

Top Bottom