Urgent Advice for Diesel Hatchback Under 7 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi fellow TAIians,
This is my first thread and need help for buying a diesel hatch for approx 7 lakhs for my brother in jaipur.The essential things we want in the car are(in priority):-
1.Air bags
2.ABS
3.Low running cost(good fe and low maintenance)
4.Comfortable
5.Enough space for an adult and two kids in rear seat.
6.Good looks
7.Resale value

My brother's office will be about 35-40 kms from our house,so the car has to run a lot,so we are planning for a diesel and as our budget is 7 lakhs we are looking for a good hatch.
We are very much inclined towards Ford Figo Titanium,but we are a little poised too regarding FORD.MARUTI SWIFT VDI is also an option(everybody saying to buy it blindly) but no airbags makes it a bad choice for us.ZDI is out of our budget.
Guys do give your precious suggestions,so that i can buy a good one.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Urgent advise for diesel hatch in 7 lakh

OH i think i have started the thread at wrong place.sorry mods please correct.

Hi Sachin

as far as your priorities are concerned i will recommend you to go for Ford Figo Titanium which is well in your budget, fulfills all your requirements & has some great features too.
take your decision wisely

I was in the same situation 3 months back,right now my FIGO Titanium clocks 12500 km and I can happily recommend FIGO for you.

For your budget, only two cars meet your requirement with ABS and Airbag
Ford Figo Titanium

+ve's

• Perfect VFM hatch ,it has all necessary features and misses some of good to have features like Automatic climate control,steering mounted controls and auto folding mirrors
  • HPS of Figo is too good to drive
  • Handling is one of the best attributes of Figo
  • Big boot, definitely helps
  • Seating position is spot on ,it gives perfect road view and has a good visibility all around the car
  • Best part is 1.4 TDCI ,with minimal turbo lag, wonderful mid range, it's perfect for my needs. Drive-ability is too good in city and on highway you can comfortably cruise @100 - 120 KM/H
  • It's fun to drive
-Ve
  • Ground clearance could have been better
  • Mileage is little less when compared to competition
  • ASS

Toyota LivaGD SP

+ve's
  • It's Toyota,it's reliable period
  • No Nonsense car
  • No turgo lag
  • Engine characters are similar to Figo,might get little louder
  • Plenty of space and big boot
  • Good Mileage

-Ve's
  • Interiors could have been better

My choice would be Figo,not because i own one,it suits your requirement better than other cars.If you can afford to buy Swift ZDI,please buy that,but when it comes to Swift VDI and Figo Titanium ,please go for Figo,it has ABS and Airbags,it will give you little more cushion to save your life just in case of any adverse situation

Last edited:

Figo is a good car,but also note a minor face lift for this model is around the corner,you can also check out vista which is a great VFM product.

Thread Starter #6

thanks martand d,max mirini and visran for your quick repllies.

i have once driven toyota liva diesel and i found it too shaky,so much that as i turned the engine on i felt the steering vibrating heavily and that was irritating.i just dropped liva because of that and also i have nobody with a experience of liva.

Did you consider Suzuki Ritz or Fiat Grande Punto?
Both are good cars.
In Ritz you'll find almost everything you want, but Punto might lack a good re-sale(but its worth buying).
These cars are better than Figo, Vista, i20 & Polo IMO in terms of their reliability, engine, safety, f.e. and performance too.

Try figo first, if not even micra or the renault pulse are not a bad choice if service is available at your locality

dr_sachin,

For your priorities, Ritz Zxi seems to be the best option. (except for looks)

Figo Titanium is also a good choice.

Punto with ABS and air bags will go out side the budget.

Another option is Vista with same engine as the Swift/Ritz/Punto.

Thread Starter #10

Thanks everybody for your valuable suggestions,this is the beauty of this forum.In just 4 hrs of my querry i got such a good response.
@saby and @autosafari
Ritz is definitely a good buy but nobody except me really appreciate its looks,so can't buy.
Punto emotion is out of budget,so can't buy.
Vista has a taxi image,so even i am not happy with it.
One thing is for sure that we must not compromise with the safety features,so i think Figo titanium is all we are left with.

One more thing,is this true that diesel hatch prices are going to increase a lot from 1st of july???

I would recommend Vista ZX, because it has all bells and whistles, and Vista doesn't look like a taxi(maybe that's your perception). But it's a good worth for money, it costs somewhere round 7.50 Lakhs on-road, but you may get some discounts upto 30k.

Else your last option is for Figo as you said, it falls within your budget and pretty VFM too.

One more thing,is this true that diesel hatch prices are going to increase a lot from 1st of july???
Yes it is.

I would like to point out that it is Indica(V1, V2& Xeta) which is used as taxi and hence its taxi image. Do check out Vista (sedan class) .It would be an eye opener for you.

I would recommend Vista ZX, because it has all bells and whistles, and Vista doesn't look like a taxi(maybe that's your perception). But it's a good worth for money, it costs somewhere round 7.50 Lakhs on-road, but you may get some discounts upto 30k.

Else your last option is for Figo as you said, it falls within your budget and pretty VFM too.

Yes it is.
+1 and i would also like to add that TATA is giving away a hefty discount of 60k this month, My advice is that there is no harm taking a test drive of this vehicle[;)].

Check out the following:
-Ford Figo
-Skoda Fabia
-Fiat Punto
-Nissan Micra / Renault Pulse
-Indica Vista

I would suggest you to go ahead with Swift Zdi. It has everything you need and should fall under your budget if you can get it from Uttranchal or Haryana. Since you live in Bareilly, you can easily get it from places like Haldwani or so. Registration charges considerably lower in UA & HR.

Top Bottom