Fuel Efficient Used Car Under Rs.1.5 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
I was earlier planning to buy a premium hatchback (Polo or Swift petrol). But now I am planning to give GMAT exam and try for an MBA abroad.

So here is the situation now:-

I am now planning to go for a sub Rs. 1.5 lakh Used car.

My requirements are:
* under Rs. 1.5 Lakhs
* High fuel efficiency
* low service and spares cost
* High resale value (as i plan to sell it in 1 to 1.5 yrs)
* Good AC (to counter Delhi Heat)

I am also looking for a good condition Palio GTX or a Mitsubishi Cedia if I can get one (just for the love of these cars and their pleasure of driving).

Please help in suggesting the cars I should go for? Also, where should I buy it from (Mahindra first choice, Maruti True value etc.)?

welcome to TAI prashant
Please check this thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html

Under 1.5 L you can get a good Alto or a Santro or a crab zen.
Alto and zen has FE around 16-17 kmpl in city
Lowest service cost and spares cost and you will get decent resale value also.

Well Palio GTX,Cedia, Or Lancer - These are very good cars to drive and enjoy. But they are low on mileage , and very high on maintains.

Yes Maruti True vales and Mahindra fist choice offers cars in good condition and also with 1 year warranty.

Fazer

Suspended
Then, MARUTI ALTO is the car for you.
It fulfills all your requirements, See Below (Answers in Bold) :

* under Rs. 1.5 Lakhs (Lx Variant Easily available)
* High fuel efficiency (16-18 Kmpl)
* low service and spares cost (Less Maintenance and Easy Spare Part Availability)
* High resale value (as i plan to sell it in 1 to 1.5 yrs) (It is a MARUTI, Anything more to say? :biggrin:)
* Good AC (to counter Delhi Heat) (Best In Class Chiller A/C)
So, Better find yourself an Alto Lx/Lxi in a good condition.

Good Luck For the Purchase. [thumbswink]

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, Prashant. Unless really required, avoid spending on a depreciating asset like car if planning to shift abroad only in a short while. Do remember that Fiat Palio and Mitsubishi Cedia although are admirable cars but hold a poor resale value; maintenance wouldn’t be pocket friendly either in comparison with smaller hatchbacks. Give a thought to the cars like Zen and Alto. They are cheap to maintain as well as quite fuel efficient.
Please help in suggesting the cars I should go for? Also, where should I buy it from (Mahindra first choice, Maruti True value etc.)?
Authorized dealerships demand a premium. Better look out for reliable individual sellers if possible. The only positive with authorized dealers is that the cars are refurbished and chances of fraud are much lesser (though odo tampering could still happen). Prefer Maruti Suzuki TrueValue but You have to be careful.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Since you anyways plan to sell the car in a year or so, you should not be too bothered about resale value. For that budget, I would recommend a Lancer, OHC (old honda city) or Ikon 1.6 as these cars will give you some driving pleasure.

But if you are indeed worried about resale value and fuel efficiency, get an alto.

Alto is the right car according to your requirements buddy. It has good FE, nice AC, good resale value and low on maintenance as well.

Where as cedia and palio are nice cars but they don't fulfill your requirements coz of low FE and but higher maintenance.

350Z

Core Team
Since you anyways plan to sell the car in a year or so, you should not be too bothered about resale value.
Resale value should be the foremost criterion in this case. Doesn’t make sense to buy a car that wouldn’t even fetch half of its price next year.

Where as cedia and palio are nice cars but they don't fulfill your requirements coz of low FE and but higher maintenance.
Used Mitsubishi Cedia will not be available for less than 2 Lakh anyway.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I would advice you to get a Maruti Alto LX/LXi. It is the best car when low service cost, reliabilty , resale value , fuel efficincy etc matters. Search for well maintained Altos in new paper ads , online pages etc. I am sure you would be able to find a well mainained Alto in your budget. Do look at Mahindra First Choice , Maruti truevalue etc for good offers.

Last edited:
Hi,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

I would also suggest you to go for Alto, an LX version would surely fit in your budget. You may also get a used Zen, but anyday Alto (0.8L) is a better bet since you will get a fresher model.

Top Bottom