Looking for a Used Car Under 10 Lacs: Booked Hyundai Verna SX (CRDi)

Thread Starter #1

Fazer

Suspended
Hi TAI'ns..

I had a Used Chevy Optra 2.0 LT Diesel which was sold with a heavy heart in 2009..[cry]

Since 2009, Dad used his office cab (Xylo) for going to Office and back..So, There was no need of a car, then.

Time went on..I got myself a Fazer in 2010 and Dad went with his office mate, in his car..because the Cab facility was far from home. Therefore, No need for CAR in 2010 also..

Time went on..2011 came..2012 came.
Now, Dad's Friend left the Company and opened up his own business. Therefore, No transport for Dad![clap]

All we were left with was to "BUY A USED CAR". Now, This is the right time, we want the car till August..

MY STATS-

Daily Running - 50km/Day (20% Highway, 60% Normal City, 20% Offroading!)
Type - Anything will do..Except hatchback! Sedans and UVs are preffered.
Budget - Hmm..We have set it high to 10 Lacs! (We want a better and modern car than Optra)
Seating Capacity - 3 Max. Maybe 4 sometimes. Usually, Dad will drive alone 80% of the time
Driven By - Self Driven
Features - All power windows, ABS, Airbags (Not that necessary though), AC, ICE, etc!
Mileage - 10-15kmpl is enough..
Fuel - Diesel
Transmission - Manual preffered.. Auto will also do.
Manufacturer - Anyone will do! (KOI BHI CHALEGA!!)

So, Anything more I have left out?

mm, Help me in overcoming this dilemma by suggesting the right car..

Thanks in Advance[:D]

20% offroading needs is nearly good enough to rule out a sedan - if i were you i would be waiting for something like the Ecosport and Duster.

350Z

Core Team
Yes. You should consider an SUV since 40% usage would be on different kind of rough terrains. Don’t look out for a used car either. Some of the upcoming new models should fit well in the budget. Renault Duster is likely to launch by the end of this month. Ford EcoSport is another choice but it is Petrol. Plus, not much can be said about it at the moment as being an entirely new product.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

Fazer

Suspended
20% offroading needs is nearly good enough to rule out a sedan - if i were you i would be waiting for something like the Ecosport and Duster.
You must definitely consider SUV as 40% usage would be rough on different kind of terrains. Do not look for a used car either because a few upcoming new cars would aptly fit in this much budget. Renault Duster is likely to by the end of this month. Ford Ecosport is another option but it is Petrol. Plus, being an entirely new product, not much can be said about it at the moment.
I think I forgot to add - NO RENAULTS/ECOSPORTS.+ I want a DIESEL (D-JAL[lol])
I am not interested in the looks (Comical) of these cars..
I want a Reliable and trusted model.
Looking for Skoda Laura, City, Scoprio, etc..[:D]

For 10 Lacs, why look at a used car?

Since you are planning to drive on rough roads and since you are looking for a used car, consider the Innova and Scorpio. As your car will be self driven, I would suggest the Scorpio over the Innova.

Thread Starter #6

Fazer

Suspended
For 10 Lacs, why look at a used car?
I would have limited options when considering a new and my parents are also ok with a Used car.[:)]

Since you are planning to drive on rough roads and since you are looking for a used car, consider the Innova and Scorpio. As your car will be self driven, I would suggest the Scorpio over the Innova
Yes, Yes, These are common names, I also prefer Scorpio..
How is ERTIGA? Just saw a White one..Looks are ok (pleasing), What about offroading capabilities??

---

Usage is as follows (Detailed) :
My Dad goes to office in city traffic (cemented roads), then through Highways (Nice long stretch) and then in Village with Mud, Inclines, Construction material (Bajri, etc)(Actually, It is a shortcut, But, If we get our own car, then Dad would travel through a long route with cemented roads of course!) and then again in City roads (Cemented and some have holes in them!) and straight to Office..

Hope this clears up the confusion that I can live with a SEDAN also [:D]

I personally did not like the Ertiga, also I feel it wont fare on rough roads as well as the Innova & Scorpio.

But the whole nation is gaga over the Ertiga, so have a look... Dont ignore the Xylo also.

Buddy ask your dad to go for either a new 'SEDAN' or a used 'SEDAN'.
The so called SUVs,have just ground clearance on the name of an advantage and any good driver an easily make a sedan with 160-170mm GC pass over the same road where SUVs with 200 mm GC pass through.

If new then get him:-
  • SX-4 if you need to cope up with those kuccha roads.
  • Skoda Rapid if ffun to drive and good power is needed with good capabilities.

If used then:-
  • Scorpio vlx will be the first choice of mine.for 10 lacs you can get one in a nearly brand new condition.
  • Skoda Laura TDI M/T.
  • Third come Innova 'V',but its condition is not going to be as pristine as of the Scorpio.

Thread Starter #9

Fazer

Suspended
No..Xylo is too common is taxi stands nowadays! [lol]
I will not consider it.

Guys, Please suggest some sedans.
MY DAD HAS SAID NO FOR BIG CARS (SUVs). He says that he travels alone most of the time, we are family of three, etc etc and said that a SEDAN would be sufficient..

SORRY VIPUL.Missed your post. Will relpy you in the next post.

Thread Starter #10

Fazer

Suspended
Buddy ask your dad to go for either a new 'SEDAN' or a used 'SEDAN'.
The so called SUVs,have just ground clearance on the name of an advantage and any good driver an easily make a sedan with 160-170mm GC pass over the same road where SUVs with 200 mm GC pass through
Yes. Yes.

If new then get him:-
SX-4 if you need to cope up with those kuccha roads.
Ok. My Dad used to take the Optra on the VILLAGE roads!

Skoda Rapid if ffun to drive and good power is needed with good capabilities.
No..I don't know why but I have a negative feeling about this car! :stupid: Not considering it for time being.

If used then:-
Scorpio vlx will be the first choice of mine.for 10 lacs you can get one in a nearly brand new condition.
Skoda Laura TDI M/T.
Third come Innova 'V',but its condition is not going to be as pristine as of the Scorpio.
No..Not considering Scorpio. Maybe Laura and Innova will do.

Will visit nearest Used Car dealer and check out cars with him, Else, Will go for a new car.

Thread Starter #12

Fazer

Suspended
[lol]
Yes. Will cruze be under budget??

Also, I am thinking about VW Vento, Skoda Rapid, etc. [:)]
Ohh, DAMN CONFUSING!

Thread Starter #14

Fazer

Suspended
350Z : Sorry. For some reasons, I am not liking the RENAULT DUSTER.
Can we move on?

How is the Toyota Corolla Altis ? My dad likes it!

Top Bottom