Which Car? Maruti Swift, Dzire or Ertiga?

Thread Starter #1
Hello mates planning to buy a car but confused which one,preferably maruti as my dad strongly trust maruti and he is investing not me[evil].so when its maruti i came up with these three cars i.e MS Swift,MS Dzire and MS Ertiga but didnt come up with final conclusion,so mates which to choose????

Budget is upto ten lakh when its a seven seater but my dad wont like to spend that much for a sedan or hatchback.

We are family of six members but rarely all six of us travel together
In my family only i drive so the car can be taken into consideration as my personal car and i use it most of the time for short trips with mates and sometimes i have to carry my dad for his business trips but not exceeding 500 kms/month

I had opted for petrol car but my dad he needs diesel car,convinced him in all possible ways still it was a no to petrol(thanks to the icreasing petrol price[frustration])
Dad choice is ertiga but i am still confused help me out mates:help:

Re: What Car? Maruti Swift, Dzire or Ertiga?

For a 6 member family Maruti Ertiga is the only option when you are limiting your choice to maruti.
Ertiga petrol ?
Ertiga petrol would be a good buy when we consider the engine powering it. Considering your monthly run its petrol that is going to be profitable to you.
But still in the Indian context where fuel prices are going higher and higher diesel would be a safer choice(especially when you are budget is 10 lakhs).
Do consider Cheverolet Tavera, Mahindra Scorpio , Xylo etc which would equip you to carry your whole family together comfortably.

Ertiga will be best choice considering you are already 6 in the family. But since you said probability of all 6 travelling together is very less, you can consider Swift too. Go or DZire if you really need some little extra space in boot.

there is just diff of 40k between dezire and swift. No point at all buying swift

Hello infinity as you stay near coorg, you definitely need vehicles with good GCs and you say you want to carry 6 people on-board(i know not every time, but what if everyone needs to travel?) Preferably Ertiga seems more of a good option, if you decide on Ertiga then give a look at Mahindra Xylo too.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks a lot friends, taking your suggestions into consideration even me decide to go for ertiga[:)] will update as soon as i book it
And as Vishwas and Vishnunarayan said opt for Xylo,I didnt like Xylo personally as well my dad is not taking any manufacture into consideration other than Maruti and Tata.

Thanks a lot friends, taking your suggestions into consideration even me decide to go for ertiga[:)] will update as soon as i book it
And as Vishwas and Vishnunarayan said opt for Xylo,I didnt like Xylo personally as well my dad is not taking any manufacture into consideration other than Maruti and Tata.
infinity, i think you are going the Ertiga LUV way[:D]
Xylo looks a bit much taller and boxy but its quite VFM.
Ertiga ! which variant ? Since your budget is 10 lakhs and if your father is particular about diesel why not the ZDi variant ?
I feel all the diesel variants of Ertiga are VFM since all of them have ABS as standard.
Anyway , keep the thread updated ![:)]

Thread Starter #8
infinity, i think you are going the Ertiga LUV way[:D]
Xylo looks a bit much taller and boxy but its quite VFM.
Ertiga ! which variant ? Since your budget is 10 lakhs and if your father is particular about diesel why not the ZDi variant ?
I feel all the diesel variants of Ertiga are VFM since all of them have ABS as standard.
Anyway , keep the thread updated ![:)]
Hope going luv way[:D]
Well i am thinking of VDI because Air Bags are not that useful for my run and the stock mag wheel of ZDI variant is not up to the mark in my sense so planning upgrading it later and the steering mounted audio controls i can istall it later with VDI variant right???

Hope going luv way[:D]
Well i am thinking of VDI because Air Bags are not that useful for my run and the stock mag wheel of ZDI variant is not up to the mark in my sense so planning upgrading it later and the steering mounted audio controls i can istall it later with VDI variant right???
Infinity if you have the money to afford the ZDi variant go for it. Airbags is a life saving mechanism and its better to have it in your car.[:)] Since you are going for VDi do check out the difference in the price gap between VDi and ZDi.
Anyway Ertiga VDi with ABS offers a nice package.
I am not sure whether you could get the steering mounted controls of the ZDi into the VDi steering wheel. Better enquire it with the showroom people
After Market steering mounted controls are available in the market. Chances are there the warranty may be void if you opt for such equipments during the warranty period. Its better to opt for MGA genuine accessories and keep the warranty tact.[:)]

Thread Starter #10
Infinity if you have the money to afford the ZDi variant go for it. Airbags is a life saving mechanism and its better to have it in your car.[:)] Since you are going for VDi do check out the difference in the price gap between VDi and ZDi.
Anyway Ertiga VDi with ABS offers a nice package.
I am not sure whether you could get the steering mounted controls of the ZDi into the VDi steering wheel. Better enquire it with the showroom people
After Market steering mounted controls are available in the market. Chances are there the warranty may be void if you opt for such equipments during the warranty period. Its better to opt for MGA genuine accessories and keep the warranty tact.[:)]
vishnunarayanan thanks for the suggestion,well i may visit showroom tomorrow and i will decide with vdi or zdi [:)]

Thread Starter #11
Took td of ertiga today,was happy with perfomance and space,so finally booked [:)]
and special thanks to vishnunarayan for suggesting the zdi variant as you said booked for zdi[:)]

Hello mates planning to buy a car but confused which one,preferably maruti as my dad strongly trust maruti and he is investing not me[evil].so when its maruti i came up with these three cars i.e MS Swift,MS Dzire and MS Ertiga but didnt come up with final conclusion,so mates which to choose????

Budget is upto ten lakh when its a seven seater but my dad wont like to spend that much for a sedan or hatchback.

We are family of six members but rarely all six of us travel together
In my family only i drive so the car can be taken into consideration as my personal car and i use it most of the time for short trips with mates and sometimes i have to carry my dad for his business trips but not exceeding 500 kms/month

I had opted for petrol car but my dad he needs diesel car,convinced him in all possible ways still it was a no to petrol(thanks to the icreasing petrol price[frustration])
Hi dudu

don't confuse your comments with brain and heart,.

my personal opinion is Xylo is good in space and in mileage and ASS cost is cheap compare with other brand,.

If you ride in pothal road he is good,..

all looks like a horse but not donkey's make a sweet noise like horse,.
Xylo is a horse compare with other's

Thread Starter #13
Hi dudu

don't confuse your comments with brain and heart,.

my personal opinion is Xylo is good in space and in mileage and ASS cost is cheap compare with other brand,.

If you ride in pothal road he is good,..

all looks like a horse but not donkey's make a sweet noise like horse,.
Xylo is a horse compare with other's
Ya i agree mate but for my use i think xylo is bit heavy because most of the time i travel alone or with 3 of mates for that i chose ertiga sedan class with 7 seater[;)]

Dad is 500% right, at the end you too agreed.Many many congrats for your ZDI booking.

Top Bottom