This is regarding Fiesta purchase for my Superior in office. Background:
He realized the need of car a month back and since this will be his first car he preferred a Used one. This car will be used for next 1 year (or 2 years max) and then will be given to his parents / in-laws and switch to a new car. Requirements:
1) Either Hatch / Sedan
2) Petrol (monthly running will be less than 500km)
3) FE: anything more than 10kmpl
4) Budget: 2 lakhs (may stretch another 50k for a well maintained one) Choice: 1) Swift
Plenty were available in market. Even the ZXi fully loaded variants were available with a slight stretched budget. But none of them were good either in terms of performance or the body conditions.
Came across a 2005 ZXi Silver color second owner with 60k on odo. SInce that is already 2nd owner, given up. 2) i10
Perfect city car. But hard to find one within the budget. 3) Accent
Almost all the vehicle in market clocked more than 75k (at least the one which we came across) 4) Ikon
Mostly abused. Also maintenance cost? 5) Lancer
No comments. We could not find a decent lancer in market.
Somehow he is not interested in Alto / spark category. The deal:
Last week while browsing and searching for a Used Optra magnum / Linea for myself found a Fiesta 1.6 SXi
slightly more than our stretched budget. Details as follows
Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi (Fully loaded with ABS
2005 Dec manufactured & 2006 Jan registered
45k on odo (with service history)
Reason for sale:
Needs a bigger vehicle to use for his business needs, already booked Innova
Called the owner immediately and fixed appointment for this weekend (He was out of station and said will be back by this weekend only) Test Drive & Inspection:
Reached the spot today morning 10:00am and make a short TD. Owner was very much friendly and straight forward. Here are the observations,
1) Tyres are almost bald. Needs replacement immediately (except the spare tyre which can survive for another 10k km)
2) Minor scratches here and there
3) Small dent in LH running board
4) Front bumper misaligned in LH side
5) Suspension bushes needs replacement (atleast on the LH side)
6) Rattle noise on all 4 doors
7) Engine pickup is good (compared to my NHC vtec)
8) Brakes are not impressive (may be pads / shoes replacement necessary but not in near future)
9) AC is quite efficient (owner claimed that he changes the cooling coils in last service, 4 months back)
Verified the documents and found Insurance expired 3 months back. He promised to get it renewed before delivery.
Negotiated a bit and paid 10k advance (will share the price details once paying him and get the keys in hand) Will pay the rest by next weekend and take the delivery of car.
PS: In the mean time can you guys please comment what should be the right price for this car?