2007 Honda City ZX vTec vs Used Diesel Sedan: Bought Linea MJD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Heart vs Mind was again.

Here is my ownership thread of Honda City.
It's a 2007 HNC ZX vtec with 51k+ on odo and I'm the 2nd owner.

With the raising Petrol & LPG price and my increased usage it is quite costlier to run this beauty. Except the running cost (that too fuel bills alone) overall I am more than satisfied with this Japanese machine. Regular service is never a bomb, spares are reasonably priced for this segment.

Last week during my visit to home town, I got the following the folowing offers in exchange of my city.

1) 2007 Optra Magnum 2.0 (I forgot the variant, it had stock alloys but no sun roof)
Pearl White
1st owner
66k on odo
Neat interiors and exteriors
Small dent in Front LH door
Tyres in decent condition
No mods / accessories, it is complete stock.
Price: 1 lakh + exchange my city

2) 2007 Optra Magnum 2.0 LS
Red color
48k on odo
2nd owner
Condition same as the previous one
Price: Same as above

3) 2010 Linea Emotion pack
Some bluish silver color (Same as my city)
1st owner
45k on odo
Excellent condition
Running on stock shoes
Price: 2.5 Lakhs + exchange my city

I am very much confused now. Should I live with NHC or switch to a same segment Diesel machine?

Somehow I am not interested in Fiesta, being a very common box on wheels in every street.
I am left with very few choices due to budget constraint (5~5.5 lakhs maaaax)
1) Optra Magnum 2.0
2) Linea MJD
3) Sonata Embera CRDi

How about the maintenance of Sonata? Or should I consider any more cars?
Please do suggest.

Cheers

Re: 2007 NHC ZX vtec vs a used Diesel Sedan

If power delivery is all you need then its Optra Magnum for you.
And if fun to drive is the key factor then its the Linea for you.

BTW,why don't you try to search for a Laura TDI or Cruze if you can go for Sonata CRDi?

Thread Starter #3

Thanks for the quick reply

BTW,why don't you try to search for a Laura TDI or Cruze if you can go for Sonata CRDi?
[:D] Sonata has got a poor resale value, I came across a few Embera CRDi for less than 5.5L
2006 Laura may fit within the budget (or I have a stretch a bit) but keepup cost makes the worry.
Cruze in my budget?[surprise] Owner will kick me off

Ah,forgot it..
How much is your exact budget buddy after doing all pulling stretching and all?

Don't go for the 2006 Lauras,those Lauras are not as good as the current one is.

BTW,what about Fiesta and Verna?

If your a guy who loves the highway Optra Magnum is the one to go for without a doubt,just negotiate a bit with the pricing as Optras are not exactly high on the resale list,remember its the Cruz engine without the vgt,like the diff between regular diesel Punto & 90 hp Punto

Just drive both the of Magnums and check which has the max torque steer,that is the steering pulling to a side on full throttle,but suspension area is my only concern for the Magnum (that is hoping the readings on the odo are not tampered)

As for the Linea you mentioned, i feels its a good one,but from my observation i have noticed the Linea acts really weird when the boot is loaded,but that is not a big deal to most.Just bargain with the dealer thats all,but why dont you use the power of the web to find a good car ?
But one thing for sure our petrol cars especially the sedans will have scrap value in some years.

Thread Starter #6

How much is your exact budget buddy after doing all pulling stretching and all?
5L is the actual budget, but i can stretch another 50k if the car is in prestine condition

BTW,what about Fiesta and Verna?
Fiesta & Verna are over priced in the market. Also I am not a fan of Verna interiors.

Just drive both the of Magnums and check which has the max torque steer,that is the steering pulling to a side on full throttle,but suspension area is my only concern for the Magnum (that is hoping the readings on the odo are not tampered)

why dont you use the power of the web to find a good car?
Thanks buddy. Will have a look at it. I am searching all sites for a good deal, but with no success. Either it is over priced or already sold.

But one thing for sure our petrol cars especially the sedans will have scrap value in some years.
[cry] I worry for the same.

First of all,I am really sad that you are forced to trade in your v-tec(I am sure you are not 100% happy with this decision).It is such a gem of a car.
I also have been searching for a good 2003 v-tec for last 2 yeras.The good cars are with their owners who are not ready to sell them off and the ones available in market are in pathetic condition.

About Fiesta:I think for 3-4 lacs you can get a car in pristine condition.Check it out on Mahindra firstchoice website.here..

Rest Optra is the car having very fierce and exciting power delivery.In fact its my favorite diesel sedan.But spares are an issue with Optra,same is with Linea.
Still out of two,my vote goes for Optra.

Chevrolet is known for high maintenance costs, Anyway the 1st one looks good.
Why not try with Linea or SX-4 (D)?

Thread Starter #9

First of all,I am really sad that you are forced to trade in your v-tec(I am sure you are not 100% happy with this decision).It is such a gem of a car.
[cry] This is a decision with heavy heart. But, forced to do.

About Fiesta:I think for 3-4 lacs you can get a car in pristine condition.Check it out on Mahindra firstchoice website.here..
First choice listing is not updated frequently. When I called them for a particular vehicle it is always sold already.

Chevrolet is known for high maintenance costs, Anyway the 1st one looks good.
Why not try with Linea or SX-4 (D)?
Can someone please comment on Magnum maintenance cost?

Linea is always in my list and one of the favorite car too. SX4-D is difficult to find.

Well,if you like Linea,then why not get one?
Tata service may be bad but still it is acceptable,secondly Fiat will soon come up independently.And then Coimbatore and Chennai are big cities so they will definitely open their dealerships/A.S.Cs in these cities in initial period itself.

Thread Starter #11

Well,if you like Linea,then why not get one?
Linea MJD is a hard find dude (say, at least within my budget)
Started searching all the sites and inquiring dealers. Hope a get a good deal soon.

Thread Starter #12

Mind is a mad monkey, always jumping here and there. Got another dilemma now.

Hope you all know I recently purchased a used M800 (visit my thread Here)

Why not sell both my cars (NHC + M800) and get a Fiesta-D (daily office commute) for around 3~4 lakhs + Accent/Ikon/Lancer-P (to be used in my home town) for 1~1.5 lakhs?

1st one will be running close to 3k km/month and the later will be used occasionally, say once in a week for about 100km + once in a month for 300km (total running will be less than 1k/month) So, petrol will be the best choice.
After driving NHC vtec It is very much difficult to drive M800, also for next 3 months this car is going to be used by parents for long journey. Afterall theor comfort matters than money.

Guys, please suggest.

Can someone please comment on Magnum maintenance cost?
Hope this helps you out a bit "Mr.Boss" but these prices are from 2010,just let me know if you want some other part prices or of any other cars.

AirFilter -476
Oil filter -505
Fuel filter -1743
Timing Belt -3056
Fan Belt -1650
Brk pads(4) -2111
Ac Coil -10,478
front Shocks -3171
Front lower arm -3056
Clutch & pressure plate-9662
Side Mirror(with casing)-2042

Thread Starter #14

Hope this helps you out a bit "Mr.Boss" but these prices are from 2010,just let me know if you want some other part prices or of any other cars.
Thank you very much buddy. I don't feel the essential consumables and spares are priced too high (for this segment)
BTW do u have the details on rear suspension parts, axle and steering parts?

Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom