Advice on a New Diesel Hatchback. Which One?

Thread Starter #1
Hi there
Want a nce Diesel Hatch with Good Space, Fuel Economy & Good for Long Drives....
I am not interested in Swift Diesel or any other car with long Waiting Period

Or
Shall I wait for another Month if you know any new launches taking place

Thank u
[:D]

Re: Advice on a new Diesel Hatch...???Which one?

Most important thing which you have not mentioned is your budget.

If budget is not an issue, your top choices are Hyundai i20 CRDi, Punto 90hp, Skoda Fabia, Nissan Micra, Renault Pulse, VW Polo... Considering your priorities, I would suggest you the i20. The new i20, though a tad expensive, is loaded to the gills. Now tell me what do you mean by good for long drives? If you want a good highway car with great features, ride quality & handling, then look at the Punto followed by the Fabia. But if you want a cushy ride & lots of space & you are not very obsessed with handling, then its the i20. I wont recommend the Polo until brand value plays an important role in your decision making.

In the lower end of budget, you have the option of Ritz, Figo, Vista and beat. Again, considering your requirements, the TATA Vista would be the best bet for you. But then I wont buy that car. If I was you, I would live with a little less space & pick the Figo. Or I would choose the space & compromise on handling by choosing the Ritz.

For a diesel hatchback here are my options .

4-5 lacs :- Ford Figo or Chevy Beat Diesel ( Base Model)
5-6 lacs : - Swift or Punto or Figo Top model
6-8 lacs :- My first pick is Hyundai i20 ASTA. Loaded with features . Next in line is Swift ZDi and then you may consider Liva if you like.

My suggestion will be go in for the Hyundai i20 diesel for the kind of features it offers .

Regards

Since you havent mentioned any budget limits,
under 6L - Figo/Beat . But, because you mentioned about space and highway use, i would recommend Figo.

above 6L -Polo, i20, Punto. i20 is feature packed but heard various problems with rattling and turbo-lag. Dunno how it is in new model. Punto is a very good package. Although its slightly cramped at rear, the seats are very supportive and the ride and handling is by far the best. Polo too is good like Punto but has higher maintanance and is costlier too.

I would say go with the I20 if budget is not a problem. That's my personal choice but other options that you can look are Punto, Fabia and Polo.

Thread Starter #8

Looking at my Budget, i feel i20 is a bit Expensive..so is Punto 90BHP...
Regarding the lower end cars, The Marutis are a bit Overrated...Ive had a Maruti in the Past & the problrm is that with Indian Quality Roads, they start to give out noise from Doors too soon...
I want a Car with Good Handling, Comfort like Good Thigh Support etc ..I did try Micra, a good car but No thigh support...which is Poor
Do u know if something Good in Hatch Segment is coming out any soon...???

Figo will suit well. It handles good enough, has a good chassis, engine has good drivability and can be considered one of the most VFM diesel cars like swift .You can get even ABS and EBD in Titanium trim. Only hatch which is soon to arrive is Sail hatch, which is again a petrol initially, i think.

Looking at my Budget, i feel i20 is a bit Expensive..so is Punto 90BHP...
Regarding the lower end cars, The Marutis are a bit Overrated...Ive had a Maruti in the Past & the problrm is that with Indian Quality Roads, they start to give out noise from Doors too soon...
I want a Car with Good Handling, Comfort like Good Thigh Support etc ..I did try Micra, a good car but No thigh support...which is Poor
Do u know if something Good in Hatch Segment is coming out any soon...???
I think thigh support and all can be solved to some extend as you can add more cushion to your seats with help of people who provide seat covers.

Could you please tell me your height?

With that budget, I will look at the Figo & Ritz.

Ritz is one of the better built Marutis because of it's origin with Germany (Opel/Vauxhall). I have not heard too many rattling issues in Ritz too.

I second raj_5004.

Go for Ritz or Figo...

Though many people doesn't like the looks of Ritz but it has Maruti After Sales Service & Good resale value. If you don't have issues with its looks, just close your eyes and go for it.

Figo has good build quality, its a value for money car where top end model with ABS, Airbags & Alloys will come around 6.5L on Road. It has low turbo lag than Ritz. If you're planning to keep this car for long term then go for it.

If you are not afraid of your neighbours remark and want to enjoy comfortable ride go for Punto. I have been using it since last 2 months and crossed 5.5K no issue found till date. Inside cabin its very calm and strong built. Above all it has no waiting period. On other side i20 is good but bit expensive. Between 120 and Punto if looks could kill its Punto but for neighbour admiration its i20.
Pl update us on ur decision. Best of luck

Thread Starter #15

HI there ALL
Thanx a million for all your Suggestions...
My conclusions after hearin ya all is that either its FIGO or RITZ....Punto could b considered as well
But if someone has any info regarding any New Hatches coming in next Month or Two...Info would b really helpful.
Thanx again
[clap]

Top Bottom