Hello, to all the members of TAI
Myself Ashwin from Pune, I am very new to this forum and also to knowledge’s about... will be buying my first car in some days
My requirements were:
City driving, monthly running – 1000-1500km, Easy to drive in traffic, Good looks.
Did some research on car, took test drive and finally zeroed down on Honda brio. – SMTO
On road price – pune . SMTO – 5.82953 (excluding road side assistance+ extended warrenty) (511748+ 19148+52057.32)
SMT - 517656(excluding road side assistance+ extended warrenty) (453641+17187+46828) Pros
1. Cute Looks ,
2. Decent interiors with beige colour
3. Gear shift was smooth and riding was good.
4. And finally Brio is a new car.
5. Also the fact that Honda makes very good cars ( as mentioned on different forums, no personals experience though ) Cons
1. Driver seat height adjustment
2. Rear seat – back rest is too low as compared to other cars
3. Less boot space -
4. DashBoard – OK – could have been better.
5. Trun indicator on mirror would have been gud.
6. No discounts ,although I managed to get sun films ( garware/3M not sure though), UV polish
As we are only 2 people so boot space was not a problem for me.
So finally I booked the car from crystal Honda, pune.
Before giving the booking amount I confirmed in writing the following
2. VIN number and Engine number .
3. Accessories – sun films and UV coating.
4. Delivery date
5. Pre registration check.
6. No cancellation charges
7. Flexibility to change variant if required Finance –
I am planning to arrange on my own, from SBI as it’s very near to y office and found the manager to be bit friendly. He assured me that loan will be done within 5 days. Let’s see how it goes. RTO
My main problem is with RTO registration amount. Dealer -1 Crystal Honda
- (from where I have booked the Brio) sales guy told me RTO prices have been increased from 7% to 9 %, hence the RTO amount comes to 52,057 i.e – 9%(511748) + 6000 ( handling , agent etc etc)
Now when I enquired with the dealer-2
he told me prices have still not increased and he Quoted me the old price for registration i.e – 41822 i.e. 7% (511748) + 6000 handling charges.
But he also mentioned, if it’s increased during the process then I need to pay the extra money.
I also cheeked with a RTO agent, he mentioned the prices are to be hiked but still NOT effective yet.
So when I went back to the sales guy from crystal Honda and asked why he has quoted extra Rs – 10,000, to which he said RTO prices have increased as informed by their sales manager and if at all RTO prices is at 7% then they will refund me the extra amount
1. Friends I am really confused on this, what to do now. I have asked the sales guy to provide me with the original RTO receipts. Friends, Is there anything else I need to do to avoid being cheated.
2. Anyone from Pune, Please share your experience.
Need to advices on following:
1. For RTO registration, need to do affidavit for address proof. How can I do this?
2. Is both Police NOC and affidavit required for RTO registration.?
3. Should I go for UV polish on a new car? or should I bargain for some other thing instead car cover etc, not sure though if I will get now.
4. Choice of SMTO over SMT – is its really worth putting 65-70K extra on safety features like air bags and ABS
for a city car like Brio ?
5. Anything else I need to take care now so that I am not taken for a ride by the dealer.
Thanks all, looking forward for your replies, will keep you updated.