Decided To Buy New Maruti Swift Petrol

Thread Starter #1
Guys
i have finalized to buy new swift lxi (Petrol model ) in Delhi.

I have a few queries

1) Is there waiting in petrol version
2) what kind of discounts are available on swft since petrol demand cars r less
3) Which are best maruti dealers in north delhi?
4) Some tips for negotiation [:)]

Re: buying new swift petrol soon in Delhi

The waiting period for petrol model is probably around 1 or 2 months. It will be difficult to get discounts for swift. Whereas, try asking for basic accessories (seat covers, reverse parking sensors, mud flaps,sun films).

Just a thought - have you checked Jazz ?
If there is not much price difference between swift and dezire, go with dezire.

Maruti Swift Lxi is a nice choice. If your budget allows do consider the Vxi and Zxi variants also.
Regarding the waiting period, according to a sales executive of Maruti Dealership in Trivandrum the ZXi variant is having a waiting period of 1 month(dont know whether its true or the executive is trying to get bookings) and for an diesel ZDi a whooping 11 month wait.
As you are opting for the petrol variant you can negotiate and have a nice deal by getting some accessories such as mud flaps ,scratch guards, sunfilms etc .
Only tip I have for you while negotiating is get every thing that the dealer offers you in writing. Do try negotiating with different dealers and book with the one who offers you the best.

Stick with the Swift. The Dzire is ugly. Also remember the resale of the Petrol Swift is bad.
I do agree with your opinion to stick with the Swift rather than opting for Dzire[thumbsup].
But friend, Maruti Swift is having good resale value when compared to many petrol hatches which come in the 1.2 litre category. Maruti cars top when it comes to resale value[;)].

Last edited by a moderator:
Stick with the Swift. The Dzire is ugly.[/QUOTE]
I do agree with your opinion to stick with the Swift rather than opting for Dzire[thumbsup].
Agree with above opinions, stick to Hatch.

One of my neighbour has a New Swift Petrol and I drove it for few short distances. I can say that its really nice fun to drive car and has good engine, I rate New Swift VVT higher than DDiS one in terms of fun factor. But heard about issues in brakes in L and V variants so would suggest you to have a long test drive before finalising and push your test drive car and try some hard brakings. It is reported that Z variant has sufficient braking ability. Try to get a test drive of L or V variant, or you can try a car in your friend circle.

I would strongly recommend that pay some attention on brakes before finalising the deal, Afterall you will need decent braking ability to control that 87BHP VVT heart.

Also remember the resale of the Petrol Swift is bad.
My friend which petrol car has good resale value? Maruti has consistent track record of having better resale value than others.

Last edited:
Well, as many said, i too would suggest to opt for swift rather than dzire. If you dont want that extra 100L, there is no point in going for dzire. The hatch has better handling and is better to drive through cities and hence more fun. The waiting will be anywhere under 1 month. If your dealer has lxi in the stockyard, you will get it easily. Since its a petrol, dealer may offer some goodies. If you have a car to exchange, you will get exchange bonus too. Regarding resale value, all marutis have good resale value.

I thought of buying dezire due to some better market position in terms of status
Just like i thought. Indian people consider a car with a boot as a larger car over a hatch. Well, that is the basic reason for cars like Indigo and Dzire in the market. But, I don't like these entry level hatches. I rather like premium hatches over these . Btw, If you like the dzire, go for it. Go with your heart. [:)]. Of-course it will give you a better status over Swift.

Thread Starter #11
Finally zeroed in on Dezire LDI . No more chnages anymore just finaklise the dealer
any website which helps in getting the best deal

@ vaibhao, please go through the queries asked by 350 z in the thread 'looking to Buy a car ,still confused'.
Also read the thread ' The definitive petrol v/s diesel calculator' bfore making the Ldi decision.

Let us know yours decision making' thought process'.

Top Bottom