Originally Posted by tinny9
thanks a ton buddy. yup my disability is more than 50%.
I got the above mentioned file, this is about excise tax.
1. wat abt road tax?
2. suppose i wanna buy a new car, will i get the car at reduced price or i have to file reimbursement for the excise tax reduction and I will get that later.
3. will this excise tax exemption be applicable on luxury cars (CKD only) also like BMW or AUDI, if yes then by how much?
4. Will this excise tax exemption be applicable on completely imported cars like Range Rover Evoque? if yes, then by how much as excise duty is different on CBU cars, I believe so?
In other words my next car will hopefully be either Range Rover Evoque or Q3 or BMW X3/X1 depending on cost reduction.
Thanks a ton again.
P.S. Abt your car, I think you shd go wait till May, then go for the New Cruze (163 bhp) with 6 speed auto. It is a brilliant car, I have driven more than 45000 km and still feel like new and still in love with her. Verna doesn't have the attitude of Cruze, although its good looking.
---> I don't think that you can claim the benefit on imported cars, as excise duty is something "our" government charges on cars manufactured within India, be it any class. It is 23% on cars above 1200cc.
----> As for the method of gaining excise duty concession, I have done a copy+paste of the mail sent by Hyundai to me, after I contacted them to know about claiming the benefit.
---->To claim the road tax exemption, you will have to make an application (which you will submit in the Office of Commissioner of Transport Department), stating your requirements. You will need to enclose (a) Certificate issued by Department of Heavy Industry (b) Certificate issued by the the hospital. I'd also advise you to talk to the PRO of transport department of your place, for I'm not sure if every state is providing this benefit.
EMAIL SENT BY HYUNDAI MOTORS INDIA LIMITED: -
Thanks a lot for showing interest in Hyundai’s product.
About the models we hope our dealer has explained to you in length.
As far as the excise benefit discount is concerned, the formalities to be arranged by you are as follows:
A. Please note that following documents are mandatory for claiming Excise Refund on Car Sold to Handicap Person.
1. Demand draft for Rs. 200.00 in favour of “Vaidya Nathan Meenakshi & Co.” payable at Chennai.
2. Original blank money receipt in the format duly signed by customer on revenue stamp.
3. 4 copies of HMIL Excise Invoice (Excise Gate pass cum Delivery Challan).
4. 4 copies of dealer invoice.
5. 4 copies of Form 23 Registration Certificate.
6. Certificate from Department of Heavy Industry + 3 Copies
7. 4 copies of Certificate from Doctors.
7. Affidavit on Non Judicial Stamp paper of Rs.10 attested by Notary Public +3 Copies
8. All the copies should be attested by Notary Advocate.
9. All the documents need to be submitted to undersigned within 11 months from HMIL invoice date.
Format of Affidavit
I ……. (Name of customer) S/O ……, R/O ………do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:-
1. That I have purchased ……(Car Name) car from M/s Hyundai Motor India Limited.
2. That I have not availed the excise concession given to physically handicapped person on purchase of car in the last five years.
3. That I hereby declare that I shall not dispose the below car purchased under excise benefit scheme for a period of five years from its purchase. The details of the car are as under:-
Engine No……. Chassis No…….
Regn No. ……
4. That it is my true and correct statement
Signature of person in whose name car is registered
Name and address of the customer
Verified at …… (Name of city) that the contents of the above affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief...
Verified on the dated …… (Date)
B. There is a ministry called “Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises” where “Department of Heavy Industry” issues the certificate regarding concession of excise duty based on the certificate issued by Car Manufacturer (Hyundai). First of all Hyundai will issue the certificate based on the Hospital certificate. The hospital issues the certificate as per format given in annexure –II of Notification No.06/2006- Central Excise dated 1.3.2006
We would also like to clarify that you would have to arrange all the documents and directly liaison with Hyundai Motor for refund of excise claim as the cheque would be made by HMIL in your favour.
As discussed kindly adhere to the time lines suggested for submission of the claim.
Please contact us for further clarification.
Thanks & Regards,
NRO 1 - Sales
Hyundai Motor India Ltd.
Direct: 011- 66379909
Is there a particular reason, behind you asking me to wait till May in order to go for cruze A/T ?
I am sorry for any flaws in the reply,if any.