Budget Rs.8.2 Lakhs - Buying Honda City This Month

Thread Starter #1
admin plz dont merge this thread with any other thread.
Following cars fall in my budget.
I am confused.
Aveo 1.4lt
Optra magnum 1.6 ls
Linea active
Fiesta classic 1.6 clxi
City corporate
Verna 1.4 vtvt
Sx4 vxi
Sunny xl
Skoda rapid ambition
Manza safire elan
Vento trendline

in some cars i am missing out on safety features,remote lock,height adjust,body colourd handles and ovrm etc
Bt then they have awsome engine and power.
Music system i cn gt installed frm outside ryt.
I hate my company for giving me such wierd budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 8.2 lac budget should i go for top end or base of better car?

In that budget its better to take City corporate edition and then add whatever you really need.
Else buy Dzire ZXI,its a bit of non performer but you get enough features which satisfies and a money saver too

admin plz dont merge this thread with any other thread.
Following cars fall in my budget.
I am confused.
Aveo 1.4lt
Optra magnum 1.6 ls
Linea active
Fiesta classic 1.6 clxi*
City corporate
Verna 1.4 vtvt
Sx4 vxi
Sunny xl
Skoda rapid ambition
Manza safire elan
Vento trendline
All the cars you have mentioned have there pros and cons-

1. Aveo- Was a nice car a few years back, but now it is compeletely outdated plus its a slow seller. A new model sonic would be here anytime soon.*
But you can get a very good deal on this vehicle, plus there is a CNG option also (if you need that).*

2. Optra magnum- i believe only the diesel variant is available these days.*
The best thing about this car is that nice Tcdi motor! Other than that this chevy is also dated. But i don't think its production would be stopped anytime soon.*

3.Linea- i personally feel it is the best looking car of the segment. Though active is defficient on sone very nice features . The 1.3 multijet diesel *felt a bit lethargic to me, but the T-jet petrol is a pretty decent engine.*
But beware of FIAT's after sales service and quality issues .

4. Fiesta classic - Its truely a driver's car! On the visual front , thr car looks dated but its not that bad.*
I believe its the best handler of the lot. Rear seat comfort is also decent. Overall it is a very nice package.

5. City corporate- its a honda! Need i say anything more.. Being a base version of the city, the car comes with ABS and Airbags.*

6.Verna- best looking of the lot. I can't comment on the 1.4 VTVT . But is very comfortable car provided you drive at very sane speeds.*

7.SX4 - again a dated car! But being a maruti you get a very nice service network, but i wouldn't call it a value for money product.

8.sunny xl - Go only if you need living room like space at the back. Its a good car but there are better options available. Cannot comment on the engine and dynamics .

9. Skoda rapide- it feels like a fabia with vento's boot. Although refined but i would go for the vento.

10. Tata manza elan- very nice to drive , loads of space, decent fuel economy. But its a TATA!!*
Horrible A.S.S and quality of the vehicle!

11. Volkswagen Vento - Its specs may not impress you on paper. But as soon as you sit in it, you 'want' this car.*
Although low on features an power , but a very refined machine.

Thread Starter #4
Vishwas-thanx fo ur suggetion!!can you plz help me with what all i will have to add and how it will cost!!(first buy so no idea at all about cars!!)
Aviral-Thanx for your efforts....but u should have given top 3 or something sorts!!

I my self like
1.Skoda Rapid
2.Honda City
3.Fiat Linea(heard its 1.3 liter engine is a bit sober and T-Jet does not fit in my budget )

I didn't know your preferences (engine , features etc) so i just Highlighted few things.:)

Out of your selected 3 cars i would suggest the Honda city. The corporate edition would need an ICE (in car entertainment) system. Good leather seat covers And alloy wheels if you want.
Rest i dont think the car requires anything.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

what are leather seats for??
Comfort or to make the car look expencieve.
Btw what is the sole purpose of fog lamps?
I will miss out on remote locking i go for city corporate.
The rear seats of honda city are bad according to city users.....has that been solved in city 2012??

I persnally find leather seats comfortable. Plus they also look pretty good and add an upmarket feel to te vehicle. What you can do is get nice covers from brands like autoform which have nice quality and are very comfortable. These seat covers are not Pure leather though. The only downside of leather seats is they get heated up when the cark is parked in the sun.
The sole purpose of foglamps is as the name suggest provide better visibility during low visibility conditions such as rains or fog during night. But they are useful in normal
Night driving also.
Remote locking can also be added as an aftermarket product but that would boid the warranty. Ask your honda dealer to get it done.

I cannot comment on the backseats though.

If is this your first ride then go ahead with City corporate edition and add just Remote locking system from the company,city owners may tell you the cost.

Leather seats basically gives you a posh look on the car but as Aviral says it gets heated up in direct sunlight thus making the room temperature higher.The cost may come to 5k depending on the dealer you choose.

ICE if you plan would be costing apprx 15k.

So what i advice is if the budget is limited and you need the wannabe features then better to go for the segment below that you have considered.

Manza Safire Elan is also worthy option as it has all top-end features and suits your budget.

I would say that looking at your preference list, go with the Honda City Corporate. and afterwards you can add whatever you like at once or step by step.

Well,buddy first of all I don't know how much does a base model(Corporate edition) Honda City costs on-road Mumbai,but yes its at least 50k higher as compared to Delhi.
In my views,even if you have to exceed your budget,then also you must go for the City.if I start explaining what this car has,what it does not have and how it is better than the competition,then I'll go out of words and even my computer can also fail to type that much.Still a small idea of what the City is:-
It has 118 horses and when these 118 horses come to action,then the sport car like sound(at 3500 or above rpm)simply sends the heart racing.
The rev happy engine provides best combo of performance and FE.
Supportive seats,best driving position and most comfy seats make up to the most comfy sedan,either for driver or for being driven around.

The CE variant will come around 8-8.5 lacs on-road Mumbai(its not even 8 lacs on-road Dehradun)but if you can arrange a CSD buy then you can get it for no more than 7.4-7.5 lacs.
Then 50k expenses include leather seat covers,alloy rims(4),a good ICE system etc etc.
So for about 9 lacs(in case of 8.5 lacs on-road price of car) you get the best of all worlds.

REST IS YOUR WISH...

Why do you need a sedan and cannot buy a hatchback ?

Even if your company is ready to give this as an incentive, think logically. Do you really need a bigger boot ? In Hatchback segment, you would get a better deal, full of features and satisfaction.

Thread Starter #12
SO Aveo 1.4lt,Optra magnum 1.6 ls,Fiesta classic 1.6 clxi,Verna 1.4 vtvt are out of the race.
Linea active 8.00lac onroad
City corporate 8.13lac onroad
Sx4 vxi 8.20 lac onroad
Sunny xl 8.06 lac on road
Skoda rapid ambition 8.20 lac on road
Manza safire elan 7.92 lac onroad

shailinder-my dad needs a sedan as he is in a senior post in his company.......hope u understand i am not able to put his feelings into words!!

Features i will be missing in the above cars tell me which cars to avoid accordingly :-
Linea active
ABS with EBD
Airbags
3 point ELR seat belts
Alloy Wheels
Driver seat height adjust
Climate control
Blue and me
City corporate
Mud guards!!WTF
Fog lamps
ICE
Height adjust
Key less entry
Sunny XL
Electric folding ovrm
Fog Lamps
Skoda Rapid
ICE
Auto Ac
Electric OVRM
I personally hate indian companys so sx4 and manza are out by default!!!

Assuming you are looking only for petrol cars, I would pick the Honda city among the cars you have mentioned.

SO Aveo 1.4lt,Optra magnum 1.6 ls,Fiesta classic 1.6 clxi,Verna 1.4 vtvt are out of the race.
Linea active 8.00lac onroad
City corporate 8.13lac onroad
Sx4 vxi 8.20 lac onroad
Sunny xl 8.06 lac on road
Skoda rapid ambition 8.20 lac on road
Manza safire elan 7.92 lac onroad
If you want a hatchback, then there are many options that will easily fit inside your budget and also save you enough money to spend on fuel for a year or two.

If you HAVE to go for a sedan, then out of the given choices, if all you are looking at is practicality and peace of mind in terms of long term ownership, just blindfold yourself and go for the City Corporate. Comes with all safety features. Install an aftermarket stereo/speakers for as little as Rs 11000.

Top Bottom