Help on Inter-State Transfer and Buying a Used Car.

Thread Starter #1
Currently I am based on Mumbai and transferred to Himachal. I am a good travailing enthusiast and in Himachal there is plenty of options to roam around. For this, I am thinking of buying a used MUV and modify it. Right now I am owning a 2001 maruti 800 and don't have much experience with MUV's/SUV's.

1) Is it possible to use in Himachal without changing the registration for a period of 5 years? I am thinking this way because there are plenty of good and cheap used cars available in Mumbai.
2) I am planning to go for a used qualis as it comes around 4 lacks. Is it a wise decision as it a discontinued model?

Please Suggest.

About the first part i am not sure. I think you should transfer your ownership to the Himachal and pay road taxes for that state. Again i am not sure because i heard reports saying in Bangalore you don't have to do any such thing.

About the Qualis , A discontinued model selling for 4Lakhs? Doesn't this say that it's a good car!:smile: If you find the Qualis to be in good condition then go ahead with it.

350Z

Core Team
You will have to transfer the registration but I suggest not getting into this hassle and instead buy a car from Himachal itself and resell it while going back. Get a vehicle which holds a better resale value and is in fair condition. Mahindra Scorpio, Bolero, Toyota Innova, Maruti Gypsy etc. are some worthwhile options which I can think of.
2) I am planning to go for a used qualis as it comes around 4 lacks. Is it a wise decision as it a discontinued model?
Negotiate more and also make sure that it isn’t an abused one: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

The 2nd option is always a good one.And at 4 lakhs You will find better options like Scorpio/Bolero within 4 lakh budget or even less than that.

Qualis is a gem of a vehicle no matter its been discontinued or used extensively(not roughly though).If the region where you stay has good service centers then its worth giving a try to it.

Thread Starter #6
I think I should stretch my budget and wait for a while till the mini xylo get launched [:)]

Top Bottom