I own a 1998 maruti 800 with LPG fitted and at last time has come to look for a new vehicle as small niggles are started bothering me too much from the current M800.
First of all i will tell my preferences so experts can guide me correctly.
1. My daily travel is around 50Km with occasional weekend travels of 500km and twice a year long travels of 1000km (all approx)
2. I will probably keep the vehicle for 10+ years
3. I don't want to make unnecessary visit to service stations so it should be very low on maintenance.
4. I am not bothered about looks and unnecessary equipments which we do not use in day to day usage.
5. I am more inclined towards Maruti as i know their reliability
6. I have no issues with waiting period
7. Will Fiat, Ford or Tata can with stand the reliability and maintainability of Maruti?
Now please guide me regarding
1. I have heard that new swift boot space is very less. So for my family trips i may face problems. But for daily usage hatchback is better. So confusion!!
2. I can travel to office by bike also so daily travel is cut short (except monsoon days) can i go for petrol to save that ONE Lakh?
3. Govt is thinking of introducing extra tax on diesel vehicles-so the cost benefit may go off in near future?
experts please guide me.