Query Regarding Honda Brio

Thread Starter #1
hi all,
this is my first automobile purchase of any kind. i hav limited knowledge in this area hence i request others to clarify my queries

while approaching dakshin honda, lavelle road for brio (payment mode: bank loan); i was informed by sales execs. that it is mandatory to go with their financial team. they explained about tie-up reasons for doing so, but is it that strict?

i approached few banks directly with whom i had considerable familiarity & got a better deal in terms of interest. wen i came back to these people here again they insisted that it is essential for me to stick to company's arrangements. could this be done based on my preference or am i bound by honda's terms & condition.?

p.n.: if there are other prospective buyers out there for honda brio please let me know, would like explore benefits related to group purchases

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to TAI buddy! well no its not compulsory to go with their bank tie up only..tell them that you want to take loan from your choice of bank!

No , the dealer is clearly taking you for a ride! You can have loan at any bank of your choice. If such is the pre-sales experience with the dealer then imagine the case after you book the car!!

I strongly suggest you to look at another dealer!

PS: I don't know whether Dakshin Honda is the main and better dealer in Bangalore , if so then deal with some senior executive there and sort the issue.

welcome to TAI buddy! well no its not compulsory to go with their bank tie up only..tell them that you want to take loan from your choice of bank!
No , the dealer is clearly taking you for a ride! You can have loan at any bank of your choice. If such is the pre-sales experience with the dealer then imagine the case after you book the car!!
+1,nobody can insist you to go for the company recommended banks for loan.
You can try it at the banks of your interest.

P.S:Try booking at Magnum Honda,see their reaction too.(I haven't experienced much at these dealers so cannot comment)

350Z

Core Team
while approaching dakshin honda, lavelle road for brio (payment mode: bank loan); i was informed by sales execs. that it is mandatory to go with their financial team. they explained about tie-up reasons for doing so, but is it that strict?
Welcome to The Automotive India, Sanc. You are not supposed to be bound in any term related to which bank the loan has to be taken. Your dealership maybe pushing it because of their own interest since they have a tie up with the bank in question. Be firm and confident while dealing, they should not take you for a ride. Just leave them if they don't agree and they will themselves approach back in sometime. And finally, Honda Brio is a good choice. Don’t forget to update us here with an ownership review coupled with some pictures as soon as the car is delivered. Best wishes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
thanks for the welcome Umang, 350Z & co

thanks everyone for your clarifications abt my uncertainty,

hav booked Brio S-optional model(edit: blue color) last week with same dealer, did not commit to their finance arrangements while booking. waiting period is about couple of months max. haven't been updated with the tentative dates yet.

I'll start a separate thread & fill in with pics along with my views about the car.

Last edited:

hav booked Brio S-optional model(edit: blue color) last week with same dealer, did not commit to their finance arrangements while booking. waiting period is about couple of months max. haven't been updated with the tentative dates yet.
Please be sure about your delivery dates from your dealer. I say this becuase, Brio already has a long waiting list & Honda still hasn't recovered from the flood fiasco in Thailand. In Pinnacle Honda,Kolkata the next set of Brios are expected in March I guess. If your'e ready to wait for sometime then surely go ahead, it's a hot hatch with the same engine as Jazz's.

Cheers

Jazzy

hi all,
this is my first automobile purchase of any kind. i hav limited knowledge in this area hence i request others to clarify my queries

i approached few banks directly with whom i had considerable familiarity & got a better deal in terms of interest. wen i came back to these people here again they insisted that it is essential for me to stick to company's arrangements. could this be done based on my preference or am i bound by honda's terms & condition.?

p.n.: if there are other prospective buyers out there for honda brio please let me know, would like explore benefits related to group purchases
Nope. Not necessary at all. If the dealer behaves funny, ask him to give this in writing - that would set him right and he would concede. If you want to remain polite, though, please speak directly to the dealership owner/someone senior at the dealership and he would tell you the correct thing, i.e you can avail loan from any financial institution. The dealer is taking you for a ride. Don't let him do it.

I'll start a separate thread & fill in with pics along with my views about the car.

Congratulations for the booking but you should have got the waiting period in writing just to be sure. Now the dealer will find it easy to push your delivery if delays happen.

I have been hearing and reading that the Brio AT is imminent next month. This was confirmed by a dealership as well. Apparently it will be a CVT and is likely to be released in the E and S versions. No V is planned as the price may go too high.

I have been very happy with my Civic and found the dealership excellent. So I am planning to replace the Santro with a Brio. It has to be an AT since my wife does nor drive an MT.

I have been hearing and reading that the Brio AT is imminent next month. This was confirmed by a dealership as well. Apparently it will be a CVT and is likely to be released in the E and S versions. No V is planned as the price may go too high.

I have been very happy with my Civic and found the dealership excellent. So I am planning to replace the Santro with a Brio. It has to be an AT since my wife does nor drive an MT.

wow !! a BRIO AT would be a handy option [:)]

Spending 1.3 Lac more on AT version, I think take driving school training for 2 months in 5-10K and drive SMT...
You did not see my signature or try to look at my picture. I am over 60 and wife a few years younger. She refuses to drive anything other than an AT, as simple as that. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks!

The price difference between the AT and manual is 75k - ex-showroom. I will NOT buy a car without ABS and so the options are only S(o) or V, plain S is out. I do not know where you get the figure of 130k!

Honda Brio Bangalore Price

Dear All,

I am planning to book Honda Brio - SMT and below are the two quotes I got from 2 dealers of Bangalore (All prices are onroad including 3rd and 4th yr warranty):

Model Dealer 1 Dealer 2
SMT 5.24 5.28
SMT(o) 5.95 5.99
VMT 6.26 6.26

Free accessories including:
1. Reverse Parking Sensor
2. Mats
3. Body Polish
4. under chassis treatment
5. Door Protector etc

1. How is the above deal ?
2. Should I go for 3rd and 4th yr warranty ?
3. Should I got for SMT or SMT(O) as I need to pay 70+ K for ABS+Airbags+Tilt steering ?

Thanks and Regards,
Patil

Re: Honda Brio Bangalore Price

1. How is the above deal ?
The deal looks ok. Just try finding out from people who bought a Brio recently in Blore. One of my friend bought it recently. Shall try to find out the price which he paid.

2. Should I go for 3rd and 4th yr warranty ?
If you are planning to retain the car for longer time, then extended warranty makes sense. Clearly ascertain which all parts gets covered under extended warranty.

3. Should I got for SMT or SMT(O) as I need to pay 70+ K for ABS+Airbags+Tilt steering ?
Well in case you can afford it, any day I would recommend ABS & Airbags. These two might act as a life saving feature in case of any mishappenings. After all nothing is more expensive than ones life!

Good luck for your new buy. Happy and safe motoring. [drive]Welcome to TAI!

Top Bottom