Skoda Rapid Ambition or Nissan Sunny Diesel

Thread Starter #1
hi guys!
i want to buy a diesel car. i am in a dilemma whether to buy a nissan sunny xl or skoda rapid ambition. overall i like skoda rapid but am not sure whether it will be a successful model or not. i dont care about a.s.s. as i know if i have a skoda i have to hardly visit the service station. i like the leg room provided in sunny and rear seats seems more comfortable. but thats it i hate interior of sunny. i haven't done test drive of sunny but skoda rapid impressed me in test drive. i want a car which is tough and have a good road grip.

i hate ford fiesta and verna fluidic is good but lacks road grip so these cars are out of option. also not interested in fiat.

Welcome dear.
Considering your requirements,the Rapid is the best choice.it has:-
Space.
comfort.
Great ride and handling.
Great suspension.
Powerful engine and good performance.
In other words,its a fantastic overall package.

Vento & rapid are the same & the engine has a good load of torque,Nissan Sunny has amazing rear leg room,but end of the day i feel the rapid/vento would fair well in resale over the Sunny.

Thread Starter #6
@ prads yes rapid and vento are same. since vento was launched about one and half year ago all the drawbacks of vento like suspension is corrected in rapid. also rapid is cheaper than vento although both products are quiet identical. only thing that is good about sunny is legroom.
@ tsivipul any idea about service cost?? my friend told me every service will cost me around 10k.

I think you are looking for a fun to drive car , go for the Rapid! Sunny has great legroom true but Rapid has adequate legroom , only other cars which i feel have equal or better legroom are City and Vento.

Yeah each service will cost around 10-12k , the main chunk of it goes for the fully synthetic oil which itself will come around 8k. But the Rapid has a 1year or 15k KMS service interval , so 12k for 1 year seems fair enough to me.

Thread Starter #8
@ cooldhaya yes i love to drive. and sales person told me that because of synthetic oil the service cost will be high. but since the serive interval is of 15k km. i didn't bothered to asked the service cost to him.

Can't comment about Sunny but yeah Rapid I own it. Solid yet soft, aggressive yet elegance, Skoda Rapid has it all. After having completed close to 1000 km in my Rapid TDI, could not find any problem to report. Have driven at high speeds (~120 kmph) and also in bumper2bumper city traffic, the ride is perfect.
Read my ownership thread here

Last edited:
BTW i am mentioning this because the Vento and Rapid are identical under the hood. My friend has a Vento TDI and has clocked 25k KMS till now , no major issues faced apart from a few minor issues.

Thread Starter #11
@sedatedriver i regularly check ur thread for updates. the pictures that you have posted and your review had helped me a lot. thanks a lot sedatedriver and congratulations for the car. also i liked the seat covers and parking sensor of ur car.

Top Bottom