Confused Between Old Swift and New Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,

Am buying a new car and it was in my mind that i will buy the New model of Swift. But when i went to showroom one sales consultant gave me a choice of old swift with discount of 70,000 rs. So now am confused, Should i buy swift with old design (discounted) or New one with no discount.

Both are vxi model.
If there are big differences then i would prefer New one.

So guys, please give me some good advices :)

Well i would say new is better. What you save now you may lose in re-sale value later. Did you check the VIN , how old is the car? I wonder how the dealer is still having stock of old Swift , just make sure its not a TD car!

Go for new one, it has very good mileage then old gen swift. Also you will get advantage in resale of new model. Looks wise old and new car are quite same but feature wise new swift is better than old. Interiors and increased rear bench space is more important things that you will get in new swift.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys for very fast response.

No its not TD car. and yes he got 2 models lxi and vxi of old swift . But i just called him 20 mins back , he said lxi is sold and he still have vxi model.

Well , is there really featues in new swift worth paying 70,000 xtra ?

and i wanna do long term relationship with her. lol .. so, not to worry for resale. :)

So, finally what should i do now ??? Tomorrow i have to buy 1 of these cars.

Also dealer said there is no discount on new swift. am buying a car 1st time so i don't know if there is any discount possible or not.

Price of new swift in delhi : 5,23000

If you try to save that 70k now, you will end up losing more when you are going to sell your car. Resale value of a discontinued model will always be less.

If you could bargain further for the old swift, may be discounts close to a lakh OR free insurance + extended warranty + some accessories this would be a nice deal.

If you 'OK' to buy a 'discontinued' model, financially the current 70k discount sounds good considering you don't bother much in resale.

Think twice before making the decision.
All the very best dear.

Well yes in long term ownership re-sale value must not be looked into seriously but did you mention VXi? If it was diesel you could have taken the risk but Petrol are you sure? Petrol's generally don't have much re-sale value apart from few exceptions like City.

But like Mr.Boss mentioned if you can push the dealer for more discount then maybe you can consider it.

But seriously do you want to buy a discontinued model just for the sake of discounts? Nobody will recognize your's as a new car , people may even think its an used car!

Thread Starter #11
Well ,
Thanks Friends.

SO, i'll go for new swift.
Because
1. Resale value
2. better interior and exterior
3. Feel of new model :P
4. Average

may be in old swift, i'll regret and i'll always feel like am in old model.

So, i decided ALL NEW SWIFT ! :D :D

tomorrow, i'll go for booking ! :)

Thanks a lott friends.

I saw this thread now, and I totally concur with your decision. Go with the new one, once a new gen car has been launched the old one looses its value anyway. And new Swift is much better than old one in terms of build quality, dash styling, better average and better looking (barring the rear).

Top Bottom