Maruti Swift ZDi or the rest? I'm Confused, Need Help.

which is better car?

• fabia diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
hi guys im new to this forum.. or any forum. i've started this since the day i have booked my new swift zdi. i love the new swift but frankly im really tired of the wait. expected date given by dealer is the 3rd of march which seems like a light year away!

im okay with a budget of 7.5L.. can someone suggest a 2nd option? i have TDd the i20 polo punto figo but im really confused. btw figo is out of the equation cz it just looks really tine though it has some good reviews. need help from u guys. waiting for some suggestions.

my priority in a car are the interiors, the FE, and to an extent the resale value.

Re: swift zdi or the rest? confused.. need help!!

Hi Rahul,

Welcome to TAI.

IMO The Swift is the best amongst the given options, though I am not highly experienced in this matter but I think Swift is the one that you should wait for as you have already booked it and don't forget it's a Maruti after all, so no worries at all..

I would suggest to wait for 2 months and get your Swift ZDI home. It's just a matter of 2 months.

Congrats on booking the car..

Enjoy[thumbsup]

Go for the new fiat Punto, its the most gorgeous of all hatches available in India,Swift looks really ugly IMO,like a toad..yuck.

Hi Rahul,
Warm Welcome to TAI.

Swift is by far the best in its class as of now, but personally being a Fiat fan, I love the Punto. Have taken a test drive a few days back and it was a pleasure. However there are scary A.S.S. stories related with the latter.

VW Polo is a nice hatch(not my opinion as no experience with VW) but you should only go for it if you're ready to experiment. I am sure the fellow members owning a Polo will pour in advices.

i20 is again a great hatch, peppy, fun to drive, comfortable and excellent A.S.S. provided by Hyundai. It has its own set of issues, have heard about its A/C and steering rattle. It also has 1-1.5 months waiting period at some places(plz confirm).

If you are looking for a reliable, economic and fun to drive vehicle, Swift it should be. It scores more on the A.S.S.(same as Hyundai) and economic points than Punto.

My advice, if you're looking for a long term investment and were convinced over Swift, better wait, 2 months will pass quickly.

Hope you decide the best, enjoy your stay at TAI !! [cheers]

I love Punto (and desperately want to buy) and personally feel it is best hatch for me, but would still advice Swift to others unless I see some inclination towards Punto.

(Don't know the reason).

Hemant

^^ I am in the same position as you Hemantp in love with Punto all the way & my mind & heart both refuse to look at any other car, except maybe German cars!

@Rahul guess either Swift or Punto would be good in terms of FE, however I am not sure of Resale value for Punto. If you are interested take a look at the page six about Fiat Punto & Linea lineup for 2012 there are some pictures of interiors of Punto posted by 350Z

Fabia Diesel has a good interior & a lovely big car feel to it,but the 3 cylinder noise is really a put off,& so are parts prices & annoying service

Punto is a nice car, but after sales support is anyones guess,enough has been said of pros & cons on this forum so you will be aware

i20 diesel is really spacious,good powerful engine,& its really a huge car,has the wheelbase longer than old Verna,but have noticed it gets unsettled at high speeds over awkward roads,has huge seats but stiff cushion,could help if you add seat covers,service is pretty decent also

Polo diesel is fabia diesel with diff suspension tune & shell & interiors(just like vento & rapid)

Swift Zdi not much on the market of this variant yet,but its a maruthi so no headaches atleast,but over priced.

Last edited:
Talking about diesel I'd pick VW diesel and Fiat , they have really nice diesel engines to start with. Depends how much you wana spend

Its Punto. Go for it eyes closed. I am a proud Punto owner . I am having no problem with TASS till now. The only -ve point for Punto I can see is resale value. But for me it is the ride I want to enjoy not the resale value. :-).

Thread Starter #10
thanks a ton for all the suggestions guys but it looks like im going to stick with my midnight black zdi booking. the dealer has promised delivery by mid march. cant wait to get my hands on it unless hyundai unviels the facelift i20.. then i might look into it or its just going to be the zdi

Go for the new fiat Punto, its the most gorgeous of all hatches available in India,Swift looks really ugly IMO,like a toad..yuck.
+100

Swift, old or new. Looks like a frog to Me, IMO

Punto, the best diesel hatch in India still now.

Last edited by a moderator:
buddy just go with swift eyes cloased and wait for 2 months and you will get your baby home and one more thing my realtive just get the delivery of midnight black zdi in december and let me tell you the car look killer in black i think its the best suited color for swift in mean time you can see the tips to maintain black color [clap]i my self own a black color car in past and i know how much its take to get the shine but after the hard work the result is graceful.

Top Bottom