I am planning to buy a Maruti Suzuki ss80 used car, I have seen nearly 3models & I liked only one. I am posting the pictures of the car I test drove today.
Seller is quoting 49K, slightly negotiable. I want to close this deal within a day or two. Guys I request you all to go through the pics & my small review about the test drive & post your advice soon.
Test Drive: Drove at around 9pm tonight,
- Window glass rolling mechanism not working in one door
- Drivers door has small dent
- Right headlamp not bright enough
- rear left indicator not functioning
- Seat covers are in very dirty condition
- Handbrake feels like Pencil (too thin and not sure if it works)
- Floor rusted near the stepney storage area (also paint bubbles in a few areas)
- Unnecessary extra lights on front bumper (not yet connected to battery/switches)
- Front grill broken at one point
- Wiring is in a mess below the floor carpet (crazy DIY for music system)
- Nice rally car kind of sound (seller says he has put some muffler on silencer)
- Steering is awesome
- All tyres are almost new (he has put new JK tyres on all four rims just a month ago)
- ALl the new tyres are in warranty for next three years
- Battery is also under warranty for next 6months
- Roof (interior part) in somewhat good condition (although colour is not nice)
- Engine has that Suzuki Badging & most parts seem to be original (in my opinion)
- Door locks working
- Red colour (the one I love) car
- 1986 model
- Seller admits that the brake pads & master cylinder to be replaced (for better braking, as it is pathetic right now)
Steering is super light & easy to use. Steering wheel is too big, need to be replaced. Seats are soft enough & just need new seat covers. Dash board has no cracks/ cigarette burn marks etc. Clutch is somewhat different from the cars I have driven till now. Clutch works only if I release half the way & then use the throttle. May be idling needs to be set. Sound is tooo cooool. Engine is smooth (for a 26yr old car, mild vibrations are acceptable)
I use the first, second & reverse gears. They seem to work fine. Brakes are scary, they hardly work. At speeds to 20-30kmph, I was struggling to stop it, without putting brutal force on the pedal. Not much rattlling noise.
Doors need some tightening. When I open the drivers door. The door rubs the fender and makes noise. That also needs to be sorted out. Driver seats dont move forward & reverse easily (no free sliding) It's a pleasure to drive this old beauty.
If I buy this car I will be the third owner, is the price worth it?
Okay, I think, its time for some pictures.
Your opinions will surely help me take a decision.
1. It is a 1986 model car, so if I buy it, will the RTO allow transfer of documents to my name?
2. FC (fitness certificate) is it required for this car to be used in Bangalore?
3. Can this car be fitted with a average music system with woofer/ something that gives those boom boom effects?
4. What is the cost of FC & RTO transfer in Bangalore?
Thanks in advance. I would love to see this beauty at my home by this weekend.