Guys Sorry for being inactive for such a long time. I didn't find yet the best car to suit me. But I've increased my budget buy another 2 Lakh . So yes my budget is 20 Lakhs
1. Diesel Engine. Mileage 10 KMPL. Decent 160+ bhp.
2. Safety matters a lot. So Airbags, ABS
must. Would be better if it had 6 Airbags .
3. Automatic Gearbox .Would love the DSG Dual Clutch.
4. Preferably SUV. Cause I had gone on a trip Delhi-Mathura-Vrindavan-Agra-Manali-Shimla-Amritsar-Delhi. The first part from Delhi to Agra was super-comfortable in a hired Toyota Innova . But sadly our car's clutch plate and therefore another car had to be callled from Delhi , it was a Toyota Corolla although its a premium car it didnt really give that same level of comfort.
5. Well if its an SUV it must have less body roll . I guess cars with more body roll(High Centre of Gravity) tend to be more accident prone.
So Corolla Altis , Civic , Cruze, Laura, Jetta , XUV500 , Aria and the others have been ruled out.
So the big boys step in, and they are :-
1. VW Passat Trendline (cause it meets all the needs except the SUV comfort), So if suggesting the Passat please give a review on its comfort as well. Guys I Just love its headlights please comment upon it also if we can get it separately factory fitted even though the Trendline doesnt have it.
2. Hyundai Sonata, as the company said it will be giving a mileage of 14 Kmpl , then the diesel factor can be omitted. It meets all the needs except the SUV comfort, So if suggesting the Passat please give a review on its comfort as well, although its too early but comment on it as soon has someone been able to have hands-on. Launch Date is 7th March i guess?
3. Toyota Fortuner 4x2 AT, All factors met except the safety and bodyroll. The bodyroll being high the car has chance of toppling over right? So in that case there arent any side airbags. Are side airbags deployed in case of rolling over. And heard the brakes are worst . is it so even in the new one?True enough that it has a waiting period of 6-8 months??
4. Ford Endeavour 4x4 AT, Aaaaahh its the one i have always dreamt of myself driving in. Meets all the requirements. Heard mileage creates a hindrance heard it gives something around 6-7 KMPL and ride quality is pretty bad?
5. Chevrolet Captiva LTZ hmmm meets almost all the requirements but boring equipment and interiors .
Now the ones that have been ruled out :-
1. Honda Accord (no diesel, gas guzzler, outdated) Ruled out
2. Honda CRV (no diesel, gas guzzler,costly)
3. Skoda Superb(would love to own one but the diesel out of budget)
4. Mitsubishi Pajero SFX truly outdated , Pajero sPort will be a CBU so uncompetive pricing for sure.
5. Hyundai Santa fe (costly)
6. BMW X1 (again costly, no diesel, SUV you call it what a joke BMW??)
7. Toyota Camry (costly , looks like an elephant). The one at the auto-expo looked more masculine. Will it still remain as CBU??
So thats all my friends, please give your comments.