Need Advice: Buying Maruti Ritz (Petrol) Lxi or Vxi

Thread Starter #1
Hello team, I want to finalize on buying a new Maruti Ritz (petrol) Lxi or Vxi model. [confused]

LXI comes with Power Steering, AC and 60:40 Split seats.

VXI comes with features of LXI + All 4 power windows + central locking + Front Fog Lamps+Tachometer+Wheelcaps.
(No OEM MUSIC system included [frustration])

The price difference between Lxi and Vxi is 32-35 K.

Need to know if its worth going for the VXI version or LXI should suffice. Or shall the Vxi features totally sum up to the 32K costing if an after-market installation is done on the Lxi???

Require your suggestions, advices as to which one will be a better choice.

You cannot get the Tachometer fitted later,your wheels will come with silver finish instead of painted black with hub caps,to paint wheels black(i.e Lxi) it will cost 600 rupees

Power windows ,central locking ,front fog lamps will cost you around 12000 -15000

probably use 13000 more for a basic music system & 1800 for some decent sunfilm.

If you dont want all these hassles vxi is the way to go

32-35k is not a big price difference so go for VXI
See for 35k more you get fog lamps,PW windows,RPM meter,Wheel caps,Body colored door handles,Central locking

if you plan to keep the car for long term say minimum of five years,if you plan to keep this below 5 years then LXI will be good as they are too basic.

Thread Starter #5
WagonR Vxi and Estilo Vxi both get a OEM music system. The overall costs goes to 4.5 lacs for both these models, whereas in Ritz Vxi, the OEM music system is missing [confused]. Dont know how Maruti's game-plans its models.

I know petrol cars dont have a great resale value in comparison to there diesel counterparts but a vxi will have some advantage over lxi cos everything is factory fit,aftermarket power windows tend to look cheap,but i have seen some really tall people go for basic swifts & ritz cos they have no power windows & gives more space(the handles are longer on power window models),but end of the day get a decent system for 12000 odd(which could be better than oem) regardless you go for the vxi or lxi ,as i see the music system is a major factor for you.

Thread Starter #8
I visited the Fortpoint Maruti showroom in Thane. As of now, they dont have a Vxi Ritz in stock. Ritz Lxi in Silky silver is available. If I wait for Vxi silver till next month, i wont be getting 21K discount that i am getting in December. Hence I may go for Ritz Lxi.
Will plan to fit MGA accessories later so that the car remains in warranty. (Especially Music system, power windows and Fog lamps)

I visited the Fortpoint Maruti showroom in Thane. As of now, they dont have a Vxi Ritz in stock. Ritz Lxi in Silky silver is available. If I wait for Vxi silver till next month, i wont be getting 21K discount that i am getting in December. Hence I may go for Ritz Lxi.
Will plan to fit MGA accessories later so that the car remains in warranty. (Especially Music system, power windows and Fog lamps)
Go ahead with your purchase yaar ![clap] am a proud owner of a Ritz and am enjoying it. Go for the Vxi model if possible with ABS. Safety first !!!

If you are confused between LXi & VXi, then go ahead with VXi. The version is definitely worth penny. Even if you alter the LXi to VXi, it will cost you the same as the difference between the 2 versions. So its wiser to go for VXi. However, i would say put in few more bucks and go fro ABS version which is a must feature these days and improves the braking a lot.

It must be lxi or vxi with abs.

Power window , fogs , tachometer , central locking system with remote - all can be fixed far less than the price of 32k.

Accept , you miss the oe placement of power window, fog lamp switch.
either a lxi or vxi with the abs!

The VXi does not come with any feature that you cannot live without it. Blame carmakers on spoiling us silly by inundating us with all kinds of gizmos. Maruti power windoes are notorious for giving trouble in the long run. You cannot get a tacho fitted outside and to be very frank, the extras that come with the VXi simply do not justify the 32k difference in price tag. You can get all of it done outside for 50% of the price. But you risk voiding the warranty and a factory fit is, after all, a factory fit. If you want these features on your Ritz, better go for teh VXi.

Hello team, I want to finalize on buying a new Maruti Ritz (petrol) Lxi or Vxi model. [confused]

LXI comes with Power Steering, AC and 60:40 Split seats.

VXI comes with features of LXI + All 4 power windows + central locking + Front Fog Lamps+Tachometer+Wheelcaps.
(No OEM MUSIC system included [frustration])

The price difference between Lxi and Vxi is 32-35 K.

Need to know if its worth going for the VXI version or LXI should suffice. Or shall the Vxi features totally sum up to the 32K costing if an after-market installation is done on the Lxi???

Require your suggestions, advices as to which one will be a better choice.
Vxi is a better choice. We did good study when one of my friend was buying Ritz. The features you mentioned in Vxi are worth the price difference.

For the Music system, you can get a 2DIN music system (Make: Pioneer, JVC) whatever suits your taste with good speakers from JBL (door fitted component) for @ 15-17k. this will come with USB/AUX/BT.

Please do not get the music system from the showroom guys.

As said by fellow mates, opt for ABS.

Well considering the usage and utility of all the extra features available on the VXi,its the Ritz VXi which makes more sense.I don't know anything else,but what I know is that:-
Central locking is must as this helps you get the car locked completely and there is no risk of getting any of the doors unlocked,also it adds to the comfort too.
Power windows are also a must for the same reason.
The winters are going on and fog lamps are a must.

Top Bottom