Query Regarding BMW X1...

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, pls help out, I am planning to buy BMW X1, I have heard that BMW is planning to replace steering with a softer one and also a new 8-speed AT box will be introduced for the 2012 models, is it true?

AMG

Suspended
Re: Regarding BMW X1...

havent heard of this.

this will happen in the 3 series.

and the x1 is based on 3 series, so maybe it will happen in the new model of 3 series.

but expect that to take a 1-2 years.

Welcome aboard Tinny9. Please spend some time and introduce yourself in Introductions thread.

At what price you are taking the X1 ? Recent ad in news paper suggest that there are few schemes going on X1.

Have a pleasant stay at TAI.

Yeah even i don't think there are any facelifts or changes expected in the X1 for now , if you are sold out on X1 just get it! Make sure you also take the BSI package and BMW secure from the dealer.

Thread Starter #5
thanks for ur replies guys,

they are quoting me 0% interest for 11.5 lakhs for 3 years plus free insurance plus BMW secure.

One thing more i wanna enquire guys..when i asked abt BSI, they said that they will charge for car washing and wheel alignment. why so if i'm taking the service package?

Yeah even i don't think there are any facelifts or changes expected in the X1 for now , if you are sold out on X1 just get it! Make sure you also take the BSI package and BMW secure from the dealer.
they did replaced the 3 series steering with a softer one this year very softly, so thats why i'm hoping for same.

Guys do tell me if its worth waiting for Audi Q3.
My budget is max 25 lakhs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes they charge for Wheel balancing , cleaning and polishing but all other mechanical repairs are covered in that package , of course tyres not included again. I highly recommend taking that package to ensure peace of mind , you will be shocked to the prices of the spare parts , its better to be on the safer side!

Well take a TD of X1 yourself to confirm it. I think the X1 will be having the soft steering like the 3-series.

Thread Starter #7

Yes they charge for Wheel balancing , cleaning and polishing but all other mechanical repairs are covered in that package , of course tyres not included again. I highly recommend taking that package to ensure peace of mind , you will be shocked to the prices of the spare parts , its better to be on the safer side!

Well take a TD of X1 yourself to confirm it. I think the X1 will be having the soft steering like the 3-series.
well i did take a TD of the vehicle...X1's steering is still hydraulic and 3 series been changed to electric. I asked the sales rep, he says that he has no idea whether X1's will change or not.

But trust me the hydraulic steering is more fun to drive at highways than electric. I think this should not be a deal breaker considering X1.

Top Bottom