Should I Buy Skoda Rapid or Volkswagen Vento?

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,

My family (4 of us) is planning to buy a new car and we have narrowed it down to the Skoda Rapid Diesel and the VW Diesel. I couldnt find much comparison articles on the topic "Skoda Rapid Vs Volkswagen Vento" except this - Skoda Rapid Vs Volkswagen Vento

It help me go closer towards the Rapid, but it says that the after sales service is horrible. Can you please comment on that. And let me know which is a better buy. I am mostly driving in the city, but we like to take occasional out of the city trips.

Thanks

Re: Skoda Rapid Vs Volkswagen Vento

First of all welcome to TAI.

Second, you have posted your query in wrong section. Explore the website for further info.

Third, is your family settled in a single place ? In that case, its the quality of after sale of local Skoda dealer should matter you the most. Yes SKoda service quality has been highly disappointing. So you should try to gather some info about your local dealer. If it is good then no problem. BTW, service of VW is not in the league of say MSIL.

Among Rapid & Vento, you can pick Rapid's middle variant with Airbag/ABS. And spent the rest of money in purchasing a good ICE for the car.

Though Rapid & Vento share same mechanical underpinnings, but Skoda has tuned it in a better way. So the car feels better in almost all fields such as pick-up, NVH, ride & handling, steering etc , though not by a huge margin.

Moreover, Rapid is slightly cheaper and hence more VFM too.

Re: Skoda Rapid Vs Volkswagen Vento

"Well known devil is better than unknown" Volkswagen is new but older sibling of Skoda, and is not doing anything extraordinary, so far.

Rapid has advantage in NVH, it's much more filtered cabin than Vento. Also it's cheaper.
You should check with fellow chennai local people about Skoda after sales in chennai. To add it's not bad everywhere and it's mangement is trying to improve upon that. Recent example being Rapid's online booking to bring transparency in allotment.

Also if you want to play safe with after sales, you can opt for Hyundai Verna for peace of mind. Do let us know your preferances to guide you better.

Regards,
Maddy

Top Bottom