Which Used Hatchback for Rs.50 - 60K?

Thread Starter #1
Hey fellas,
Dad needs a car in the 50K-60K budget. It will be for him to learn and practice manual driving. Since he lives mostly in Patna, he will be using the car there and also the car will be bought there. He has my uncle's Manza for times he doesnt feel like driving also he thinks he has used the Manza way too much and it was time he did things himself.

SO he has seen a 97' Maruti 800 with 58,000 kms on the Odo which is for sale for 53,000 rupees. He has also seen a Daewoo Matiz which has 60,000 kms on the Odo for 58K rupees.

He can always add 5-6K rupees to the budget but the car must justify it.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Which used hatchback for 50-60K?

no actually in Patna, there is a shop selling spares for Matiz. Dad had inquired. They have pretty much everything.

also any other options?

Re: Which used hatchback for 50-60K?

ilango[speed thirst];113098 said:
Spares for matiz is not so easily available and costly due to its unavailability.

so 800 is best !
Yes 800 is best. my friend bought an old model for ~48k the car gives good service and returns FE ~18kmpl

350Z

Core Team
It will be for him to learn and practice manual driving. Since he lives mostly in Patna, he will be using the car there and also the car will be bought there. He has my uncle's Manza for times he doesnt feel like driving also he thinks he has used the Manza way too much and it was time he did things himself.
Manza is also manual. No?

SO he has seen a 97' Maruti 800 with 58,000 kms on the Odo which is for sale for 53,000 rupees. He has also seen a Daewoo Matiz which has 60,000 kms on the Odo for 58K rupees.
Used Maruti 800 or Maruti Zen will be the safest bet. Don't be hesitant to spend some cash extra for a relatively more neat example.

no actually in Patna, there is a shop selling spares for Matiz. Dad had inquired. They have pretty much everything.
Matiz was a nice hatch, but I'm afraid that it won't be practical to rely upon single shop for spares. Moreover the resale will be next to nothing.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Manza is manual, yes, but he wants to start from something small. get used to manual driving first. even though Manza is smaller than civic that he drives here, he feels that he needs a smaller car to start.

Zen? is it a safer option than 800? or any Automatic car?

Zen would be a good option provided you can shell out that extra money. My friend and two relatives bought one, both 95-96 models, no MPFI carburetor models. they paid ~90,000/- to 100,000 RS

Both are very happy, they bought this car because they were learning. the friend, a girl said she is very much at home in the zen. Others my cousin sister and uncle also gave me good opinion about the car ~ 1year of usage.

Zen is a class above the 800, with more power and decent looks, better seating good AC etc.

maybe not new but what about used Nano? how much would that be?
I am not sure about a Nano, btw how tall is your father, how is his built?
My uncle has a Nano, he says that the only advantage is the size, he can park anywhere an autorishka can park.

the negative is the storage space.

Top Bottom