(This is my 1st post on this forum.)
I am also caught between Figo and Punto with more inclined towards Punto - most likely finalize by today after TD of Punto and book either of them tomorrow.
I request your opinion / advice on the understanding I have gathered referring other posts and on final selection between:
1) Figo TDCi Titanium OR
2) Punto 76hp MJD Emotion Pk
The price difference I see for Punto is 65K and I would have liked it to be < 40K difference.
As I have gathered with other people's posts, the +ve things that are relevant for (when compared against each other strictly) are:
- Better price for required set of features and utility
- Better service and customer care compared to FIAT
- Ford seems more serious to stay in India than FIAT as car manufacturer
- I have read NVH levels are better (not yet confirmed on my own)
- More responsive for city driving (not really checked myself on Punto, but certainly found Figo very responsive)
- May give better mileage in city compared to 76hp Punto
- Better feel when seating inside the car
- Many additional useful features - 60:40 split, rear power windows, better instrumentation tools, 15" tyres, climate control and probably more safety features
- Better and more recent engine, have 7hp more, perhaps will stand the emission norm etc standards
- You may find this strange - but I think Punto has better interiors and plastic (at least comparing the ones I test drove)
- I like that car!
Things those (slightly) pull me away from:
- Somehow get the feeling that Ford seriously wants to keep Figo as cheap or VFM
car (while the top end price is not really cheap). Especially lack of rear power window option points to that direction. Even the door quality could have been better.
- I have read various reviews quoting mileage ranging from 10Kmph to 20Kmph and even within respective experience it is not constant for same driving patterns
- Same applies for engine noise - it seems to very a lot car to car or time to time
- There are reports of various issues such as engine stalling, window rolling down etc which seem very common
- I found gearshift not so good and hard on my TD vehicle
- FIAT doesn't seem serious about India market. I had not so good experience with Prerana Agara Bangalore and now am in contact with Concorde. FIAT promised a follow up but didn't. Imagine if this is the case before buying, what will happen after I buy the FIAT car? Even serious concern is - what if FIAT runs away again from India???
- Cost difference with Figo (~65k)
- Risk of not getting spares and in time
- And biggest -> dilemma of "why not go for 90HP when already going for 76 Emotion Pack?". But this means 35K more which actually makes 1lac more than Figo! As per my understanding, with 76HP instead of 90HP, I will have - lesser mileage, more responsive driver (better for city), limit on max speed I can reach and in secs.
I guess I ended up having a very long post - sorry for that and also for sneaking my trouble into someone else's thread but I thought I had the same thinking as cherry narrowed down earlier and perhaps the experts could get where I am lost and get me out.