Ford Figo 1.2/1.4 Titanium Confusion

Hi Friends,
Need help in deciding Ford Diesel/ Petrol
It depends on your budget and monthly usage. If your usage exceeds 1000kms per month then I would suggest you to go with Figo Diesel or else Figo petrol will be a good option. Both are VFM cars but your usage will make the difference in long run. If your usage is below 1000kms per month then you can prefer Figo petrol which will cost you a minimum of 1 lac difference from the diesel variants.

It depends on your budget and monthly usage. If your usage exceeds 1000kms per month then I would suggest you to go with Figo Diesel or else Figo petrol will be a good option. Both are VFM cars but your usage will make the difference in long run. If your usage is below 1000kms per month then you can prefer Figo petrol which will cost you a minimum of 1 lac difference from the diesel variants.
@Koz183 @DheerajAmlani answered your query correctly! But before that one important thing must be understood that your regular driving pattern should not be "short one" type. It it is so then you will not be able to have the advantage of mileage of diesel cars.

I mean, if you drive regularly on good clear road for quite a long, then only you will have the advantage of diesel mill's turbo. If your regular drive is short then the purpose of mileage will not be fulfilled and your calculations based on monthly usage will fail.

Thanks Dev. I do agree with Dev that to drive a diesel variant one must be a regular long route driver to take the advantage of the mileage and FE performance of the car.

Diesel car will be justified if you drive more than 1000km per month. They are also fuel efficient an eco friendly.

Ford petrol cars are not advisable in terms of fuel efficiency and resale value.

It is very confusing when it comes to selecting hatch backs in this range so I appreciate your decision on Figo. If Figo, go for diesel or you can check other cars also in this range.

Figo 1.4 is proved performer in fuel economy. It is nowhere less performer on this front when compared with any other cars in this category. Where Figo scores more after matching on this criteria, is the overall package.

As far as my Figo 1.2 (Petrol) is concerned, I am satisfied owner with its performance and FE.

While driving here in Pune City, I compulsorily have to drive in congestion and in narrow lanes before reaching to main traffic. There too, I have to face heavy traffic and frequent signals. I rarely can manage to drive in 4th gear for more than half a minute! My almost all drives are short, between 2km to 4km in one go! In this situation Figo returns around 11.5 (+/- 1)kmpl.

On other hand while on outings, most of the travel through Ghats in the Sahyadri Ranges I regularly achieve 14.5 (+/-1) kmpl. On plain, straight highway roads I had easily managed to achieve 15kmpl and above, even when not driven for getting the good economy figures. But here, for highway drive, Figo 1.4 (Diesel) achieved above 20kmpl, when tested side by side!

All drives with 90% AC on!

All economy figures I mentioned here are concluded from the log maintained for over 8000kms from the delivery day!

I have checked with cars from other manufacturers too (with same engine specifications) and almost all achieves similar FE on this driving conditions!

@koz183, Hope this post will help in clearing doubts in your mind.

Last edited:

Top Bottom